Sundin Out Indefinitely

Psycing

Yah they are seriously in trouble now, Who's going to be on the top line now? ponikarovsky, kaberle and lindros??

now all we need is for Komi to take lindros out on Saturday

Guys, I would not wish this on Matts as he is a good hockey player and it is just not right. I hope he gets well soon as there is no profit for us in a players misery.

If Montreal is to beat the Leafs, I want to see Montreal beat their best. I want to gauge Montreal against teams supposedly better as per Toronto Media saying Montreal is a big question mark.

Certainly Lindros and gang is only part of their best (which is questionable) but Matts is their best player. I guess they are going to have to move high scoring free agent signee Tie Domi up to the big line.

This does make me laugh in an evil way at all the Toronto media and toronto fans though. The real truth is Leaf Fans and Media SUCK! And now the brown bags come out of the closet on top of Leaf fans heads; relics from a bygone Harold Ballard era for their next 10 games!:hockey:

Originally posted by jetsniper

What if Allison and Lindros went down in their next game? :o

That'd be awesome...

Don't really care all that much about Allison, but I'd love to see Lindros get stood up by Komisarek! I can't stand Lindros

Sundin is a class act on the ice.

He plays hard but clean. He dominates but does it quietly. He's a model but he keeps it in perspective.

I heard on the local news that he'll be out for about a month. I hope that month goes by quickly for him.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Lol, I just heard JFJ on TSN and he said that he's not too worried, that they have tons of depth....

I saw that too! Hahahahahahahahahaha I cannot believe the crap that Leaf Management feeds the sheep. HE said they have DEPTH. Huh? I think if you play the soundtrack backwords he said "S**T Man We Are Dead"

I so wanted to see Montreal Beat the team with the greatest depth at Centre in the East. Another comment at the beginning of the year by another Leaf fanatic reporter. Now every excuse imaginable will be played on T-DOT stations for the next 6 weeks on how great this team could of been this year. Loser Fans and Media! Montreal will still win though.

I too dearly hope the Leafs tank, but let's remember...(a) they've got a track record of gutting out wins despite key injuries (B) Belfour still seems to have it and © as long as Allison and Lindros stay healthy, they WILL be tough to beat (although I think the Habs speed stands to make mincemeat out of their questionable D). So don't look for the Leafs to roll over and die this month.

In fact, despite everyone's confidence that they suck, the Leafs are the conference wild card. If they can contain injuries---and mercifully, things don't look good on that front---they could actually finish among the Conference leaders. Or they could hit the skids.

Just a note of caution before we get TOO cocky.

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!]

Roo-AH! Roo-AH! I so had to reply to your post. No Way No How the Leafs were every going to be near the top of the conference even with Sundin. They were stupid getting rid of Roberts as he is a solid player. You are right about them sqeeking out wins. They will be an OK team that should make the playoffs. 7th or 8th maybe. Pat Quinn is a very good coach and will get the best performance out of his players.

Leafs can no longer buy players and their team depth is really a big ???? Outside of O'Neil, they have no quality speedy wingers(Not sure if he qualifies). Seems like a team of centers that have to play out of natural position.

I know it is early in the season, but when your leaders are now Lindros and Allison and they only show brief gimpses of past greatness, I cannot believe the Leafs will be a threat.

You are right about Belfour, Mccabe and Kaberle. They have looked pretty good so far and surprised me.:hlogo:

:lol: I'm sure no one expected Sundin to go down.

Lindros and Allison are obvious targets but Sundin's injury came out of no where.

I BET HE DIDN'T SEE IT COMING :lol: (just kidding, wish you a speedy recovering Mats :D)

I saw an interview of Sundin on Global last night. Boy, he looked bad. Mind you, the camera angle was shot from the side so that we could only see Sundin and his puffed-up cheek and nearly closed eye.

In part, I'm sure that Sundin's injury is bad but I know also that Global has a tendency to dramatize and editorialize the news. To have had a front shot of Sundin would have given a more accurate perspective of the overall impact of the injury on his body.

On the whole, get better Mats, get better quickly. :/)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Being blind is macho...

When I grow up I'm gonna be blind!:D

You could enjoy the company of a special dog and a rather limited viewpoint on what's going on around you.