Americans in the 2003 draft

beckham

Originally posted by jetsniper

Indeed you do play us this year. Well, not this year but this season. Wednesday January 11th, 2006 you guys make the trip to the Pepsi Center. I can't wait, I can actually post in a game thread :D

Oh cool, so you're a pure Avs fan?

You bet your ass it is. I don't really remember it now though, I used to recite it on command. It was Roy and Keane for Kovalenko, Thibault and something else. Speaking of which, how did Kovalenko do for you guys?

You bet your ass it is. I don't really remember it now though, I used to recite it on command. It was Roy and Keane for Kovalenko, Thibault and something else. Speaking of which, how did Kovalenko do for you guys?

Keane + Roy

for

Thibault + Rucinsky + Kovalenko

Kovalenko was some sort of Berezin/Zednik type of player. One-dimensionnal & streaky.

Rucinsky was up-and-down, always leaving you wanting. I think he lead the Habs in points one season.

Thibault got annoying real fast. Kinda had that negative, hypocrite, "it's not my fault" attitude. I think I remember he lost the starting job to a very young Theodore in a playoffs series against NJ, and in his first NHL game Theo beat Brodeur in some long ass OT game... I knew then Thibault wasnt the future of the Habs.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by ap79]

jetsniper, how has the lines looked for the Avs this year?

So many changes there it is hard to keep up. I am a Habs fan first but the Avs grew on me when Patrick and Mike were traded there for a bucket of pucks, and a Christmas card.

I hear this wolski guy made the team and looked good in preseason.

I really like the D-Men there : BOUGHNER, BLAKE, VAANANEN, SAUER, SKRASTINS and LILES. This is going to be a solid defence. Too many people are writing the AVS off because of the changes. Just like Montreal, "Canadiens are too small". I think if I hear one more comment like that I will puke on that persons shoes. :hockey:

Originally posted by ap79

Keane + Roy

for

Thibault + Rucinsky + Kovalenko

Kovalenko was some sort of Berezin/Zednik type of player. One-dimensionnal & streaky.

Rucinsky was up-and-down, always leaving you wanting. I think he lead the Habs in points one season.

Thibault got annoying real fast. Kinda had that negative, hypocrite, "it's not my fault" attitude. I think I remember he lost the starting job to a very young Theodore in a playoffs series against NJ, and in his first NHL game Theo beat Brodeur in some long ass OT game... I knew then Thibault wasnt the future of the Habs.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by ap79]

Yeesh, doesn't sound like the best trade for you guys. I always thought Thibault did decent for you guys but I was also 10, couldn't judge a player as well back then.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

jetsniper, how has the lines looked for the Avs this year?

So many changes there it is hard to keep up. I am a Habs fan first but the Avs grew on me when Patrick and Mike were traded there for a bucket of pucks, and a Christmas card.

I hear this wolski guy made the team and looked good in preseason.

I really like the D-Men there : BOUGHNER, BLAKE, VAANANEN, SAUER, SKRASTINS and LILES. This is going to be a solid defence. Too many people are writing the AVS off because of the changes. Just like Montreal, "Canadiens are too small". I think if I hear one more comment like that I will puke on that persons shoes. :hockey:

Yeah, as soon as Forsberg left, people were starting to write us off. Foote is obviously the bigger loss but I was also unsure how he'd adapt to the harsher penalty calls. I meant to check the Blue Jackets game to see how he did. He was really, really grabby, especially in front of the net. Lots of hands to the back of the head, he was great at clearing space for Roy and Aebi.

Our defense is solid but Brisebois and Vaananen seem to be having trouble with penalties, they're still thinking its the old NHL. I was glad Wolski had a good pre-season, there was a lot of talk about him making the team early since he wasn't expected until next year. And I'm glad he beat up that douche who went after his girlfriend, it allowed him to drop to us in the draft. He was floating around a bit against the Oilers, wasn't jumping into the play quickly but I think it was just nerves.

We've still got a strong team that can contend for the division (although I don't have my hopes up). My favorite signing was Brunette, I loved him in Minnesota (until he scored the last goal ever on Patty). I also liked the Leschyshyn signing but he retired a couple days ago. Sakic looked, oh man, he looked good. I think he could contend for the Art Ross and if we manage to win the division, he'll be a Hart canidate. For some stupid reason, I don't own a Sakic jersey:o Player of the night though was Aebischer, it's apparent that Roy is a great teacher and I'm glad he became a coach. You'll see some good goalies come out of Quebec now that hes there.

What this team comes down to is coaching and thats the reason we lost to Edmonton. Quenneville was implementing a Dump and Chase method and thats why Edmonton kicked our ass in the shots count. It was 31-16 I think. So to sum this big long post no one will read up, I think the Avs still got a great team. Foote and Forsberg were big losses but we went through the entire 01-02 season without him and won our division and I don't think Foote would've been good for the new rules anyway (not that I wanted to see him go, Footer was amazing). I could still go on about them but this is a Habs site so I'll just stop now :)