why did they switch?

les_glorieux

why did montreal switch from koho (?) to reebok? The symbol on the back of the jerseys looks horrible and now they're all wearing those dumb looking helmets with the little holes in them to let the air it.

[Edited on 10/7/2005 by les_glorieux]

Originally posted by les_glorieux

the helmets look stupid too though

Yeah but if they work better by lessening sweat buildup or whatever, I'd say it's worth looking stupid for. After all, looks aren't everything. During WWII the Soviets had butt-ugly tanks, but they were arguably the best in the war.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

the helmets look stupid too though

Yeah but if they work better by lessening sweat buildup or whatever, I'd say it's worth looking stupid for. After all, looks aren't everything. During WWII the Soviets had butt-ugly tanks, but they were arguably the best in the war.

I agree that style, especially appearance in these matters, doesn't count for much of anything. I remember Mats Naslund's helmet. At the time, it was a weird looking helmet compared to what most others were wearing. Must have been good though.

As to the Russian tanks being butt-ugly. Yes, that's right. As to them being the best (even arguably), I doubt it. I do believe the Germans had that hands down. What made the Russians dominate, in the end, was that there were more resources to make more tanks. It was a matter of attrition, in the end. But this isn't hockey.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

In previous seasons, teams wore both CCM and KOHO jerseys depending on if they were home or away. Both brands were owned by a company called The Hockey Company. They owned the NHL contract to supply teams with official jerseys.

Reebok recently purchased THC, and they're now transitioning the Jofa brand into RBK equipment. At the same time, to help get their name out there, they're putting the Reebok logo on the jerseys.

This wasn't a montreal decision, but rather an NHL decision.

Player equipment, such as helments, sticks, gloves, and skates, are sponsored based on individual players matching with individual companies.

Originally posted by Makh2o

In previous seasons, teams wore both CCM and KOHO jerseys depending on if they were home or away. Both brands were owned by a company called The Hockey Company. They owned the NHL contract to supply teams with official jerseys.

Reebok recently purchased THC, and they're now transitioning the Jofa brand into RBK equipment. At the same time, to help get their name out there, they're putting the Reebok logo on the jerseys.

This wasn't a montreal decision, but rather an NHL decision.

Player equipment, such as helments, sticks, gloves, and skates, are sponsored based on individual players matching with individual companies.

Ah, alright then. I thought it was league-wide for RBK but now that I think about it, thats pretty stupid. I guess Aebi just has a deal with RBK.

As to the Russian tanks being butt-ugly. Yes, that's right. As to them being the best (even arguably), I doubt it. I do believe the Germans had that hands down. What made the Russians dominate, in the end, was that there were more resources to make more tanks. It was a matter of attrition, in the end. But this isn't hockey.

One argument to counter your comment found in Wikipedia Online Ency.

During the winter of 1941–42 the T-34 again dominated German tanks through its ability to move over deep mud or snow without bogging down. German tanks simply could not move over the same terrain the T-34 could handle. The German Infantry, at that time armed mostly with 37mm and 50mm towed antitank guns, had no effective means of stopping T-34s. Only the poor level of Soviet crew training and the ineptness of Soviet commanders prevented the T-34 from achieving greater success.

For more info we could create a lounge for it (sorry for taking this space admin)

:bow:

why did montreal switch from koho (?) to reebok? The symbol on the back of the jerseys looks horrible and now they're all wearing those dumb looking helmets with the little holes in them to let the air it.

[Edited on 10/7/2005 by les_glorieux]

Pics?