Danis' New Mask

The-Habby2919

I was just wondering if anybody had and pictures of Yann Danis' new goalie mask, Ive only seen a glimpse of it and it looks nicer than his old one.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I also find it very interesting that the 'highlighted' structure on the right-hand-side is the ORATOIRE SAINT JOSEPH.

It may be that it's simply an outstanding structure but it could also be indicative of Danis' faith. If it is, it's a beautifully artistic way of expressing it. It's also a refreshing expression in a world which either hides or throws away such things.

I'm not Catholic but I can still appreciate a quiet but unashamed statement of faith.

Well said shortcat, I agree completely.

Too many times people are harassed for displaying their faith in public, and I commend Danis for doing so.

Then again, he might just think it's a nice looking building, and having been there, it is pretty awesome.

Originally posted by ~moeman

http://www.wjdpro.com/Pro_Mask.html

That's strange... I don't see my mask. It's the one that says "J'aime la maternelle".

Oh well. Life goes on. ;););)

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by shortcat1]

A horizontal move for FOZZY BEAR, this time to the south pacific.... da, daaa, daaa, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, da, daaa, daaa, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, da, daaa, dada, dadaaa, dada, dadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Well on a related subject.... Theodore was sporting a shiny new mask tonight. Anybody know why he updated? My guess would be that he is celebrating his tenth year with the habs because of the Xs on the sides of it.

ohhhh~ just had a look on this thread hahaha~ hey~ nice site~~~~~~~ interesting :D

but hey~ there's the olympic stadium on danis' mask but not even the BELL CENTER or FORUM's image on it~~~ ;) haha~

EDIT : ummm.. or izzit the bell center one of those buildings ?

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by bebehabs]

Originally posted by bebehabs

ohhhh~ just had a look on this thread hahaha~ hey~ nice site~~~~~~~ interesting :D

but hey~ there's the olympic stadium on danis' mask but not even the BELL CENTER or FORUM's image on it~~~ ;) haha~

EDIT : ummm.. or izzit the bell center one of those buildings ?

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by bebehabs]

I don't see the Bell Center anywhere in there. Anyways, the Bell Center is a very non-descript building. The helmet seems to highlight outstanding aspects of the Montreal skyline.

Again, the prominence of l'Oratoire St-Joseph, it's superior and separate positioning seem to indicate a specialness of importance - a statement of faith or just an appreciation of an outstanding architectural highlight of the city... I don't know.

Nice pics, puck7x.

Theodore got a new mask!? Anybody have the pics?

And I think he was just trying to show some of the attractions in Montreal, that's why he's got l'Oratoire up there. I don't know what those buildings are though. Just downtown I guess.

ahhhhh i recognized one of the building > LA PLACE VILLE MARIE (it's the triangle top one)

PlaceVille-Marie.jpg

which means those buildings are around the bell center haha~ good good~~~ :D

Originally posted by shortcat1

Again, the prominence of l'Oratoire St-Joseph, it's superior and separate positioning seem to indicate a specialness of importance - a statement of faith or just an appreciation of an outstanding architectural highlight of the city... I don't know.

i think this is reading a bit much into it. Geographically, the Oratory is a bit separate from other stuff.

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by shortcat1

i think this is reading a bit much into it. Geographically, the Oratory is a bit separate from other stuff.

True enough. I don't think I'm necessarily 'reading a bit much into it'.

I'm just throwing ideas as to why it stands out like it does. The ORATOIRE isn't that very separate from other stuff, it's pretty close to the other buidings. The Olympic Stadium is separate both in location and design and, for that matter, the cross atop the mountain. There are many other older buildings in Montreal that would make it that the ORATOIRE isn't that very distinct.

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

Well on a related subject.... Theodore was sporting a shiny new mask tonight. Anybody know why he updated? My guess would be that he is celebrating his tenth year with the habs because of the Xs on the sides of it.

i think the Roman numerals on the sides of Theo's new mask(LX) represent the number 60...his jersey number. They pointed it out in the RDS broadcast of the Habs/Leafs game yesterday, looks pretty cool too.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

I love that mask, and i do recognize the buildings from my visit to montreal. Allthough i havent seen the olympic stadion, unfortunate.

The buildings look familiar but I have no idea what they are. I don't think they're anything special, just a scene from downtown Montreal.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

I love that mask, and i do recognize the buildings from my visit to montreal. Allthough i havent seen the olympic stadion, unfortunate.

The buildings look familiar but I have no idea what they are. I don't think they're anything special, just a scene from downtown Montreal.

Hence my point about the ORATOIRE ST JOSEPH. It probably has more meaning than just an add-on.

I think he just wanted to show Montreal on his mask. He plays for Montreal so his mask says "HABS" and has pictures of popular places in Montreal: The Olympic Stadium, L'Oratoire St-Joseph and downtown Montreal. Maybe he should have added a bagel stand and maybe a freshly hot poutine.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Maybe he should have added a bagel stand and maybe a freshly hot poutine.

aaaaaaaaaaargh dunt talk about poutine... i wanna eat one now :?- muahahahahahaha i'll get one this week ahhhhhh~~~~~ *piggy me***

well at least, there's canada and quebec flags on his mask :D

lol I didn't notice that...

That's pretty sick that he has the Saint Joseph's Oratory on his helmet as I live right next to it!!..Literally 20-30 metres away lol...I can see it outside my window right now....

As for theodore's helmet yep the Roman numerals indicate his number (60)...

pretty cool

• 1 year later...