Zednik's Injury

habsfan88

Originally posted by habsfan88

Can somebody please give me an update on Zednik's injury? he's been out for longer than i personally expected, and nobody really talks about him....

announcers had him being out at least one more week.

if u read my msg on tonite's game thread, u will get ur answer haha~ from what i read in the newspaper, zednik will start to skate soon but will be back only in 7-10 days~ so... be patient... but i enjoy seeing perezhogin on the first line~ muahahaha~

Originally posted by bebehabs

if u read my msg on tonite's game thread, u will get ur answer haha~ from what i read in the newspaper, zednik will start to skate soon but will be back only in 7-10 days~ so... be patient... but i enjoy seeing perezhogin on the first line~ muahahaha~

Hey, there you are. We missed you in the game thread. Good to hear Zeddy's getting better. I'd rather wait a few more days than rush him back only to aggravate the injury again.

Originally posted by habsfan88

perezhogin is good on the first line, but zednik is a better fit on that line. i wouldnt mind seeing perezhogin with ribeiro and ryder

ummm... the prob with the first line is that kovy and zeddy r not very *friendly*~ they dont like each other much, but saku appreciate both~

pleky fits very well along with ryder and ribs~

but in the end, i guess that the coach will replace zeddy on the first line~ haha

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Hey, there you are. We missed you in the game thread. Good to hear Zeddy's getting better. I'd rather wait a few more days than rush him back only to aggravate the injury again.

yeah yeah~ i was sitting in front of the tv and summarized the readings i went through today (midterms coming tooo soon haha) so wasn't in the action with u guys on the board haha~ i'll be there on tuesday game ;) our next win muahahahaha~

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by bebehabs]

Originally posted by CoRvInA

bebehabs where did u get that info regarding the "dis-liking" between Zed and kov? any link?

yeah i know that their style of play doesn't perfectly compliment the other, but i didn't think there was any animosity between them

If I were Julien, I would be in no rush to take Perezoigen off the first line, even when Zednik comes back...I like Zednik alot, but I don't think he could be a better fit on that line than zoig, who has better speed and playmaking abilities, and could very well be a star in the making. Might be better off putting Zednik on the second line, although Plekanic sure looked good there last night (with the exception of the brutal givaway in the first period). Hmmmm....maybe a second line of Ryder, Plekanic and Zednik, if Ribs doesn't continue to improve his game.More likely, though, would be Zednik stepping into the second line, Plek returning to a line with Begin and Higgens, making the fourth line, once again, the best there is in the NHL. What do you people think?

Have to admit I love this DILEMA Hankhab... I would bet that Zed already thinks he's gonna get sent to the second line.... I can only expect Julien saying

"Zed we need you.. need you to kick some sense into our second line.. cant have our 4th line doing better than the second one!!"

In fact I woulnt be surprised they all get swtiched.

For sure we gotta keep that 4th line (2nd B really) is a Plus.. But like our Defence we need a Sure One And Two! it dont matter as much if it rocks and rolls down in the 4th as long as we can have complete trust as we have on our first line!

I'd rather see the Habs give him extra time to heal for two reasons. First, groin injuries are notoriously difficult to predict how quickly they'll heal, so it's better to be conservative and allow extra time. Second, if Zednik isn't back until Saturday's game, then I believe he will have missed 10 games. If that happens, then I believe the Habs gain a little against the league salary cap, since they won't have to count his salary over that 10 game period, based on the rules of the new CBA.

Would anyone like to calculate how much money that amount to? My best guess is 23-24 days out of the approximately 6 months plus 2 weeks [Oct.5 through April 18] that the players are paid their full salaries for the regular season. Zednik's salary is $1,824,000 this season, so 24 days represents around 12% of the season, or about $223,346 worth of cap room. That may not seem like a huge amount, but when it comes time for the trade deadline, it may be helpful in absorbing a big name/salaried player to add to the Habs roster.

• 2 weeks later...