Avalanche

zumpano21

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Amazing how someone plays better when they dont have a whole arena booing them.

Didn't stop Lindros from scoring a pair.

So you judge a players career on two goals?

Ah! No. But It just goes to hsow that Eric Lindros gets booed EVERY game EVERY time he touches the puck by EVERY fan in the building. Are you telling me that if he played in an empty building he'd be a great player? The two goals are because here is where he gets booed most yet he scored twice on us and was the best player on the team.

Sorry about that Bulis_the_Habbie I thought you meant because Lindros beat Montreals favorite ex-whipping boy(Breezy) and scored two goals. My mistake.

Quebec fans can go overboard as the Lindros not wanting to play for Quebec was so long ago it shows how child like some fans are. Now if they were Booing him because it might take him off his game, power to the fans. Although on some guys this does not work out that way...

By the way, your hero, Ehrhoff, made a bonehead play and injured his own goalie, Vesa Toskala. He collided with him and slid him from the crease hard into the boards behind the net.

Yeah, and Blake skated over Roy's hand back in 2001. Put him out for 2 weeks. Whats your point? People make mistakes.

7-0!? I thought the game ended at 4-0. The Oilers must be tired out. I never expected them to well but you can't tell from just one game. There have been many blowouts so far and many against good teams. I'm not sure Edmonton's record but I'm quite sure it's above .500.

7-0!? I thought the game ended at 4-0. The Oilers must be tired out. I never expected them to well but you can't tell from just one game. There have been many blowouts so far and many against good teams. I'm not sure Edmonton's record but I'm quite sure it's above .500.

3-4-1

If this keeps up....3-5-1. And they won their first 3 games.

Amazing how someone plays better when they dont have a whole arena booing them.

Didn't stop Lindros from scoring a pair.

it's a little different when it is your home fans doing the booing.

since we're talking about the Avs, am I the only one who thinks that lacroix is not a good GM. in fact, since the blake trade, can anybdy tell me about a good trade he has done ?!

People were talking about that a couple of pages back. There was the Konowalchuk trade.

Remind me, what was traded for Blake? I was like 9 back then.

Deadmarsh, Miller and our 1st round pick for Reinprecht and Blake. I'm pretty sure we had a little bit more but thats the jist of it.

Lacroix is a great GM, he makes the same amount of good and bad decisions as any other GM. Avs fans are shitting on him for not keeping Foppa and Foote but even at best, it was a longshot. Lacroix has never steered us wrong and I wouldn't want anyone else leading this team.

Awesome win by the boys tonight, I think this one has potential to be a defining game. We blew another multiple -goal lead but were able to recover from it. Wolski gets another and Brisebois gets the winner. Brisebois is on a 3 game goal-scoring streak and 4 game point-scoring streak. He's been excellent on the PK and awesome on the PP. So far he has exceeded all expectations I had for him. The change of scenery has done him good.

And Edmonton's slide has hit 6 straight losses. Also, has anyone noticed the increased amount of interference with goalies? It's not even getting called that often. The Oilers were all over Aebischer tonight but this time, god bless him, he managed to keep his cool. Guess Q had a talk with him.

[Edited on 2005/10/26 by jetsniper]

The Oilers were all over Aebischer tonight but this time, god bless him, he managed to keep his cool. Guess Q had a talk with him.

yeah I was very surprised when I saw what he did. If you talk with him you think that he can't do any harm to anyone but I guess that last season in Switzerland changed him a little bit. he had a really hard time there and was treated like shit...

Anyone catch highlights tonight? Bertuzzi got what was coming to him, lmao. And May tried to fight his old team, props to him. Solid effort overall, I think we were still feeding off the momentum of the late Oilers win. And the fact the mother canuckers are our biggest rival. Bertuzzi's gonna get this kind of reception whenever he's in Denver for the rest of his career. He screwed up huge opportunities twice and got pasted twicec. Sakic got himself a beauty too, swiped it out of mid-air for the first goal.

And Wolski got sent back to Brampton on Wednesday o_O. The kid looked great, I saw no need to send him back to the juniors. Ah well, I know what to expect from him next season. I say he's a lock for Canada's junior team in December. Aebischer looked confident for most of the night too which is good news since he's been pretty unstable for the past week, week and a half.

Originally posted by jetsniper

Anyone catch highlights tonight? Bertuzzi got what was coming to him, lmao. And May tried to fight his old team, props to him. Solid effort overall, I think we were still feeding off the momentum of the late Oilers win. And the fact the mother canuckers are our biggest rival. Bertuzzi's gonna get this kind of reception whenever he's in Denver for the rest of his career. He screwed up huge opportunities twice and got pasted twicec. Sakic got himself a beauty too, swiped it out of mid-air for the first goal.

And Wolski got sent back to Brampton on Wednesday o_O. The kid looked great, I saw no need to send him back to the juniors. Ah well, I know what to expect from him next season. I say he's a lock for Canada's junior team in December. Aebischer looked confident for most of the night too which is good news since he's been pretty unstable for the past week, week and a half.

Personally, Berts penalty was not enough for me, but thats me. He should have been thrown out of the league! But he was fined and his crime is done so time to move on. Funny how Avs fans forget about the Draper hit by Lemieux. Should have been booed and kicked out of the league also.

But on to better things, the Avs were a scoring machine last night. Goaltending looked better, defence was OK and forwards looked good. (I only saw from mid 2nd period on). Wolski sent down was a mistake he was playing good. I think the Avs are trying to save money like every other team. It must be tough for Av fans to deal with not having a superstar in every position.:)