SUNNYD Missed in the PK?

CoRvInA

Now that Zed is coming back we just need SunnyD to pop back up on the special teams..

zednik's line placing aside... can you say that we missed Sundstrum or not?

I think our PK felt it! and arguably on even teams.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Rooster

I think our PK did all right last night.....or rather Philly's PP wasn't much better than ours.

I am also amazed that Montreal can skate rings around Philly. That was unbelievable. Sunnyd is missed as he is a good defensive player. Killing so many penalties the guys were tired and he might have helped to prevent a goal by being in the lineup. Extra bodies can help when tired out.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I think our PK did all right last night.....or rather Philly's PP wasn't much better than ours.

I am also amazed that Montreal can skate rings around Philly. That was unbelievable. Sunnyd is missed as he is a good defensive player. Killing so many penalties the guys were tired and he might have helped to prevent a goal by being in the lineup. Extra bodies can help when tired out.

True enough. He's VERY good at what he does. Montreal's doing well with him.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by ch_nl

When did Sunny became SunnyD?

Excellent question. I don't know myself but I am assuming it is meant as a great compliment. SUNNYD = Sunny Day. I believe almost everyone likes a bright sunny day as it makes us feel good.

Just like Niklas Sundstrom being a +1 overall in 7 games, playing great defensively and adding 1 power play goal and 3 points. Not bad at all. I know some people here don't like him as much as I do, however he knows his job and does not try to do too much in most games. Yes he makes dumb plays once in a while but everyone on the Habs have made dumb plays this year.

With the type of offensive pressure Montreal puts on other teams bad plays are going to happen. I can live with it and hope the team can now stop taking bad penalties.

[Edited on 2005/10/27 by Howie_Morenz]

While the Habs did limit the Flyers to 5 shots on goal in 8 PP attempts, they did allow 2 goals. So, the penalty killing was doing well in one sense, but the end result wasn't great. On the 2nd goal Bouillon skated away from the front of the net to leave Richards all alone to score.

Oh I've benn using SunnyD cause of that Orange beverage that kids love on TV ! Yeah I know too much TV !!! SunDstrum I think the habs call him Sunny and I call him SunnyD

I think we could've used Sunny tonite against the Sens, he does well against fast teams defensively, can hang with their skating, and doesn't panic. With his calm demeanor on the ice, maybe some of those long PK sessions due to stupid penalties don't happen......

Originally posted by redondo

I think we could've used Sunny tonite against the Sens, he does well against fast teams defensively, can hang with their skating, and doesn't panic. With his calm demeanor on the ice, maybe some of those long PK sessions due to stupid penalties don't happen......

that's true. he's a talented, experience, mature player. he's a solid presence for our team in that aspect of the game. he'll be back... he'll be back.