simonus

Doesn't he have to clear waivers?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/191685.html

yep~ coz habs want him to see more action~ so hamilton is good for him, since theo seems to be back

i heard that olivier michaud is coming up with the team

I think I've figured this out after getting a little hint in RDS's article.

First of all, Huet is still injured. The thing is that now that Theo is back to top form, our back-up will only play max 5 games or so until Huet comes back.

So Julien doesn't want Danis to waste a year of his development for nothing so he's calling up Michaud and letting Danis play every game in Hamilton.

This way, next year Danis will be a fully NHL-ready back-up instead of a 3rd stringer hwo gets tossed up to the big boys every now and then.

But there isn't any real proof of this. Just my guess because Huet isn't due back for another cuple of months and I trust RDS's article on the Habs (Michaud gets called up) more than TSN's (Huet returns.)

This reminds me of the preseason game in Moncton for those who remember.:lol:

Interesting... I heard that Michaud has been playing some great hockey for Hamilton, so I guess the team feels comfident in bringing him up so that Danis can get some more playing time.

Either way, I like the move, because I feel Danis has some great potential and would surely benefit from some more playing time.

I highly doubt that Huet can be back this early as most have already pointed out... he would certainly need some games in the AHL for conditioning before he gets thrown back into the NHL after being out so long. Sheesh. lol

Originally posted by Begin&Higgins

After Theo stole the show last night, maybe they realize we just don't need a backup anymore, and that Theo will start the remanider of the Games until Huet is back.

GO HABS GO

Haha, funny that you'd say that, I had the same thought when I first read the article.... of course it's unlikely as you never know what can happen w/ injuries... but still fun to think about Gainey/Julien doing such a thing. lol.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Interesting that canadiens.com Doesn't say who'll be the back-up... lol. I wonder if anyone knows...:P

Well, here are the possibilities:

Michaud

Halak

Huet

Heino-Lindberg

Vadim Tarasov:D

Mathieur Garon

Eric Fichaud

Jeff Hackett

Mathieur Dandenault

Raitis Ivanans

RDS just changed its article to make it, well, more confusing. It now states that Danis was sent down to play some games this week with the Dogs and Huet, who practised today, will be backup on Thursday. Then the article says Danis will be back in Montreal on Saturday and they will take a decision on Huet at that time. It also says that Huet would then be sent down for a conditioning stint and that, since the Habs now have 24 men on the roster, Ivanans has been sent down (currently on waivers).

I think I understand from this that Danis was only sent down to play games this week with the Dogs and if, by Saturday, Huet is judged completely fit to return, Huet will be sent down for conditioning while Danis stays up during that time. But if this is the case, don't see where there is 24 men on the team as Danis and Huet will be alternating between the Dogs and the Habs. I give up:)

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I cannot believe everyone forgot about Patrick Roy making his comeback with the Habs this week :):):):)

Kidding...Just kidding...Stop throwing stuff at me.  Ouch that hurt, who threw the Zamboni??????  grrrrr.....

it's part of a deal to get his jersey retired.

Originally posted by Rooster

RDS just changed its article to make it, well, more confusing.  It now states that Danis was sent down to play some games this week with the Dogs and Huet, who practised today, will be backup on Thursday.  Then the article says Danis will be back in Montreal on Saturday and they will take a decision on Huet at that time.  It also says that Huet would then be sent down for a conditioning stint and that, since the Habs now have 24 men on the roster, Ivanans has been sent down (currently on waivers).

I think I understand from this that Danis was only sent down to play games this week with the Dogs and if, by Saturday, Huet is judged completely fit to return, Huet will be sent down for conditioning while Danis stays up during that time.  But if this is the case, don't see where there is 24 men on the team as Danis and Huet will be alternating between the Dogs and the Habs.  I give up:)

thats so weird! I thought once a player was brought back on the roster the team had lost their option of sending him down for a rehab stint without waivers. Also, if Danis and Huet are exchanged, how do we have 24 players on the roster? Also, if Ivanans is on the IR, doesnt he not count against the roster?

Originally posted by simonus

RDS just changed its article to make it, well, more confusing.  It now states that Danis was sent down to play some games this week with the Dogs and Huet, who practised today, will be backup on Thursday.  Then the article says Danis will be back in Montreal on Saturday and they will take a decision on Huet at that time.  It also says that Huet would then be sent down for a conditioning stint and that, since the Habs now have 24 men on the roster, Ivanans has been sent down (currently on waivers).

I think I understand from this that Danis was only sent down to play games this week with the Dogs and if, by Saturday, Huet is judged completely fit to return, Huet will be sent down for conditioning while Danis stays up during that time.  But if this is the case, don't see where there is 24 men on the team as Danis and Huet will be alternating between the Dogs and the Habs.  I give up:)

thats so weird! I thought once a player was brought back on the roster the team had lost their option of sending him down for a rehab stint without waivers. Also, if Danis and Huet are exchanged, how do we have 24 players on the roster? Also, if Ivanans is on the IR, doesnt he not count against the roster?

Me knows. That's why I give up trying to figure this out from inconsistent media reports.

So this would be more like a conditioning stint for Danis... lol! Omg... what are the chances of Michaud still getting a call up and that Huet actually isnt ready?

I've heard of other teams returning players to the minors for a few days, then calling them back up for the NHL teams next game. It's a way to shave a few days of payroll to stay under the cap (or further under the cap, in Mtl's case, so that there's more room for a future transaction). Not saying this is what's happening here, but it could be.

It's like that. You're right. Danis will start a couple of games in the AHL. Huet completed his first full practice with the habs on wednesday? Danis will be back with the team on saturday. Huet is healthy? Injured, bla, bla, bla. Michaud is staying with the bulldogs and Halak is actually playing well in the ECHL, after a brutal start coming in relief after the icedogs starter got pulled. Like I said a couple of weeks ago: Danis (the kid) needs (AHL) icetime. Boy oh boy, if he keeps on developing, pwff. Thanks Bob. On top of al this, Théo ordered a coffee on St Catherines today?? Confusing? If you want me to explain all this in dutch, drop me a line.

[Edited on 9-11-05 by mathieug]

RDS just changed its article to make it, well, more confusing. It now states that Danis was sent down to play some games this week with the Dogs and Huet, who practised today, will be backup on Thursday. Then the article says Danis will be back in Montreal on Saturday and they will take a decision on Huet at that time. It also says that Huet would then be sent down for a conditioning stint and that, since the Habs now have 24 men on the roster, Ivanans has been sent down (currently on waivers).

I think I understand from this that Danis was only sent down to play games this week with the Dogs and if, by Saturday, Huet is judged completely fit to return, Huet will be sent down for conditioning while Danis stays up during that time. But if this is the case, don't see where there is 24 men on the team as Danis and Huet will be alternating between the Dogs and the Habs. I give up:)

The announcers on the Hamilton game just said that Danis will be recalled to Montreal tomorrow and will be the backup Thursday so he was just sent down to get an extra game (he is playing goal (quite well) tonight).

Danis was spectacular in his first game back in Hamilton! 35 saves for a 2-1 win over Binghamton. Danis was first star in a game that the Bulldogs CLEARLY had no business being in. They were badly outplayed. It's good that they sent him down to get a few more games in.

Now if we could only get Kostitsyn scoring. The announcers said that he had been invisible the last 5 games and had been demoted to the 3rd line. Ah well, hopefully he can regain some confidence.. he's still young.

ok to make it clear (finally hehe), i read in la presse this morning that danis is going to be back to montreal this weekend (which we all know) and HUET is going to hamilton to play few games (to get him back in action and see if he will need more time to recover)

what gainey wanted to do at the begining is danis in hamilton and bring michaud to back up theodore, but then huet said that he is able to play (doctors giving him the green light to do so), that's why gainey changed his plan and didnt call up michaud to back up theo

:)