Ivanans fighting in Hamilton

HABZRULE

Looks like he's had 2 fights in 2 games. I still have not heard how well he did but good to see. Perhaps it's time to bring him back up. Any one else feel like we need some muscle?:/)

I don't know if he's supposed to be fighting or not, if he play in Montreal he will have to do so without a visor. I'm praying that they call him up again. I'm tired of seeing games where our boys stay out of the corners and seem to back down from any physical confrontations(with the exception of Souray-only because he actually dropped the gloves with Gary Roberts....even though there was no scrap)

I would not mind seing an enforcer in the lineup.

The habs can not afford to get picked on with all their current injuries, a little procetection goes a long way even if he only plays 3 min a game.

Originally posted by habschris

They could also use a big tough D man. Another player like Begin wouldn't hurt either.

First of all, he is a forward, not a defenceman. Second, he has half the hockey talent of Begin and not nearly as much heart.

Originally posted by HABZRULE

I don't know if he's supposed to be fighting or not, if he play in Montreal he will have to do so without a visor.

Why would playing in Monreal mean that he isn't allowed to wear a visor?

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Is he now injury free and can be brought up without losing him?

If he's playing , he must be injury free. As for waivers, who would claim him? He's tower of a man, but with little hockey skills. Plus, fighting and physical play is on the decline, so a player with his skills is less valuable.

I think it sucks how much the game has sped up, as it has taken a lot of the physical play out of the game. There are so few good, hard body checks these days. Hockey has always been a combination of speed, skill, and physicality.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

If he's playing , he must be injury free. As for waivers, who would claim him? He's tower of a man, but with little hockey skills. Plus, fighting and physical play is on the decline, so a player with his skills is less valuable.

I think it sucks how much the game has sped up, as it has taken a lot of the physical play out of the game. There are so few good, hard body checks these days. Hockey has always been a combination of speed, skill, and physicality.

Guys play injured quite a bit. Some dumb dumb might claim him just like the dumb dumb in Columbus who takes our prospects.

You are right about the checking. This is a great feature of hockey. One thing I have noticed recently is that checking is making a comeback. This is why I like Bulis as he never lets up and hands out some nice bodychecks. Problem is Refs keep giving him penalties for clean checks.

grrr...

[Edited on 12-1-05 by Fanpuck33]

don't know anymore... would I preffer a guy who plays 3 minutes and intimidate but cant shoot nor score and anything else or I want a guy who is on the ice cnat skate cant score but can shoot and perhaps repeat succes on

ShootOuts?

Don't know!

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

YOu make a good point Corvina, but I think Ivan The Terrible might be helpful on the powerplay believe it or not, just stick him in front of the net. He'll either draw penalties or drive goalies nuts...Nobody will be able to move him. Dags is good in the shootouts but i'd rather try and win in regulation

:clap::clap::clap: YES!

It seemed to me that only Kovalev wanted to stand in front of the net or crash the net consistantly. Even if Dags wanted to stand in front it would help. Too many long shots from the point right at goalies who see the puck all the way.

Ivanans doesn't have to clear waivers and even if he did, no one would claim a rookie enforcer who can't fight. He's about the least likely player in the league to be claimed off waivers. His resume is embarassing.

Anyway, I'm in favour of calling him up because our guys are playing too soft and a big body might help. I wouldn't even mind if they played him more than 3 minutes a game.

Haha, it's so true.."Rookie enforcer who can't right"

If you think about it, all he really did was goad Chara into a fight and get smoked.

Did he even fight anyone else?

But yeah, heck, call him up..Better than big bad Dagenais.

Why, Ivanans and vandermmer don't even play in the NHL. Colton Orr can. This team is way to soft. waive Dags, there is your money to play for Orr. Someone elde picked him up anyway, it's a mute point. The point is this team needs some toughness. A 4th line of Bulis Ribiero and Dags doesn't really so much.

Yeah, but what the team really needs is guys like Begin who are gritty enough in the corners and with hits, etc..and especially can play everyday. Enforcers simply can't. And with our weak penalty killing (asofar), we cant afford stupid penalties.