Sleeping Flames Acquire Huselius

BTH

The Flames traded Steve Montador and AHLer Dustin Johner for Kristian Huselius. This is pretty stupid for Calgary because they could have claimed him off waivers.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The Flames traded Steve Montador and AHLer Dustin Johner for Kristian Huselius. This is pretty stupid for Calgary because they could have claimed him off waivers.

Maybe it's a salary unload? Or there's some kind of deal going down perhaps.

Great move by the flames. Huselius assisted on the first Calgary goal tonight right away.

I hope that Huselius will have the same development in Canada that Näslund had.

• 4 weeks later...

Huselius. One of my favourite players. He has showed some numbers in Calgary.

Since Calgary traded Steve Montador and Dustin Johner to Florida for Kristian Huselius he has 12 points in eleven games.

And when the Red Wings won tonight the three stars selections where all swedes. Don't think that it has ever happend before.

Maybe he's trying to show up Mad Mike Milbury?

I trust Sutter meant that the salary dump was on Florida's part. Huselius's salary is $1,216,000.00 compared to Montador's $760,000.00.

As Huselius being hot, that often happens when a player is traded to a new team. Later, the player goes back to old habits. I hope, for Calgary's sake that this won't happen but we'll see.

On another note, there were comments on RDS TV about Huselius going to Florida (during the Florida/Montreal game). The announcers (Jacques Demers, I think) mentioned that this was a good move by Florida because Huselius is a negative influence in the dressing room. He's not a real team player. Again, we'll see.

Huselius is doing wonders in Calgary since he was acquired. The flames record is 8-3-1. 17 of a possible 24 points. He himself has also 14 points 8 of them on the power play since joining Calgary.

Huselius bad influence in the dressing room?

Are you sure?! The common toughts about him are the opposite. Huselius works hard and are always first on the ice and last off when it's practice.

Huselius is a european. He is also Swedish. Mike Keenan doesn't like either one.

Realize that Kristian Huselius had the lead in the Swedish Elit Leauge during the lock-out before he moved to Switzerland. He was WAY ahead of players like Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Forsberg, Marcus Näslund and Marian Hossa. It was Huselius who dominated.

Mark my words, this will be a steal for the Flames. No doubt about it. Huselius has always had the talent but he's lacked commitment, either from himself or from his coaches. Heck, what better support from a coach can you get when he puts you on a line with Iginla?

Huselius bad influence in the dressing room?

Are you sure?! The common toughts about him are the opposite. Huselius works hard and are always first on the ice and last off when it's practice.

Huselius is a european. He is also Swedish. Mike Keenan doesn't like either one.

Realize that Kristian Huselius had the lead in the Swedish Elit Leauge during the lock-out before he moved to Switzerland. He was WAY ahead of players like Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Forsberg, Marcus Näslund and Marian Hossa. It was Huselius who dominated.

Yeah, I don't think Huselius would be like that. You just have to look at the guy who traded for him and his philosophy. He always makes sure he knows the exact history of the guy he's getting.