Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

i got to use my winter toy (my toro single stage snow blower) today...

there was so little snow this year that i use any opportunity to take her out... even three inches of snow'll do :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

GO :hlogo: GO!

SNow? lol

I'm in spring mood now. It was 26 C today (80 F)

Now if could stay like this the rest of the year that would be awesome and I wouldn't hate this place that much but of course it will probably be in the upper 30's by the end of April. That wouldn't shock me, it's been getting a lot hotter a lot quicker then it's suppose to be the last couple of years.............................. and we've been in a drought for over a year now.............. can't wait for those mass crop failures........................mean while the hummer dealership is expanding....

oh cool

so which is better? 360/PS3/Wii

Hard to tell right now, ask me in a year. The PS3 definitely has potential, theres no denying that but it's library is terrible. That should be fixed this fall though, what with MGS 4 and FF XIII both coming out.

I'd give the nod to 360 right now but it's had a year's head start so it's still a little unfair. Have to let Nintendo and Sony get their feet under them first.

I dunno if Sony can stop the bleeding though.

Forcing consumers to buy the Blu-ray player was a mistake IMO. Then Sony wouldn't be losing money (or as much) on every console and they could get it back on software sales but now they've even had to drop the price on software. EGM interviewed Peter Moore (brain behind the 360) and asked why they didn't just package in the HD-DVD player instead of selling it seperately and his reasoning made a lot of sense. He said that they realized they were making something that plays games and consumers were buying it to play games. He didn't want to gouge the consumer for something they didn't necessarily want but wanted to have the option open in case that was a feature they liked.

SCEA needs to ditch Jack Tretton as CEO too because he is so out of touch with what gamers wants are, it's insane. His interview last month just pissed me off a lot.

I just see a lot of bizzarre moves by Sony.

The Wii comes out so they rush this motion thing on the controller, but when activated the vibrator on the controller doesn't work? lol

PS3 seemed rushed

no universal backwards compatibility and if it is compatible the sound might not work.

Little things like this plus the astronomical price and game titles leaving, made me jump ship.

The controller they have now is a lot better then that boomerang shit they had before. And the backwards compatibility is actually a lot better then Microsoft's. MS is taking forever on their updates, I still can't play X-Men Legends II!

Not that it matters because Microsoft never developed a way to get your Xbox saves onto your 360.

Oh, I don't think anyone will die during this generation. Sony's failing right now but they aren't doomed. They need a better mind at the helm to get them out of this mess though, worked well for Nintendo.

I'm just thinking what the next generations are going to be after this one.

better graphics? Have we reached our limit?

Or will everyone go the Wii route?

You'll definitely see an expansion of the motion-sensing and we definitely haven't reached the limit on graphics. I don't know if that will be the focus though with the success of the DS and Wii, proves gamers really don't think about graphics first. But there will be a move ahead on graphics, theres always the possibility of playable CGI games (even I have to admit, that would be sweet. If the first Killzone trailer was in-game....awesome).

It's hard to predict right now but I see a lot more focus on innovation and less on power.

You'll definitely see an expansion of the motion-sensing and we definitely haven't reached the limit on graphics. I don't know if that will be the focus though with the success of the DS and Wii, proves gamers really don't think about graphics first. But there will be a move ahead on graphics, theres always the possibility of playable CGI games (even I have to admit, that would be sweet. If the first Killzone trailer was in-game....awesome).

It's hard to predict right now but I see a lot more focus on innovation and less on power.

That's what I see as well. When I was a young pup, I dreamed of the day where my movements determined the game play. The Wii makes my dream a reality.

I see the industry moving away from buttons and more into interaction.

I think the industry epecially Sony and to a lesser extent Microsoft have started to realize that they've moved away from the most important part of the gaming industry. The gaming experienced.

The Wii is to the gaming industry to what Nirvana was to rock music.

Aye, the only problem is the Wii's third party developers are having a hell of a time making a decent controlled game. Red Steel, Far Cry, Super Swing, Cooking Mama. All games with high expectations, all games that suffered large flaws.

The one area where Microsoft has a leg up on the competition is online play. Thats where I see gaming headed, a lot more innovation and a bigger focus on online play. And Xbox Live is the premier place to play. I always laugh when people complain you have to pay. $50 bucks a YEAR. A year. Thats $4.17 a month. Who can't afford that?