Who is the best game announcer today?

riker

Originally posted by SoCalHab

Where is the "None of the Above" choice?

My 2 favorites are:

The guy for the Thrashers (JP Delacamera?)

and

Bob Cole of the Kings.

Oops... should have thought of the "None of the Above" selection... :guru:

Will make sure to do it next time... it was my first poll!:D

None of the above would be my choice.

I really enjoy the announcer for Pittsburgh (he beat him like a rented mule)

The worst must be the Yotes announcer all he ever says is the players names it is almost as if he is listing the players for daily attendance. If you were blind you would have no idea there was even a game being played. I like announcers who know their hockey even if I don’t agree with their decisions.

John Davidson is a great colour guy.

I do really like John Davidson, he's great.

Dick IRVIN was always my favourite though, I remember sneaking a radio into my room so i could listen to him on the radio, after my bed time when i was a kid... Those were the days.

Now, I'd have to say Chris Cuthbert is probably my favourite on that list and it's not because of Elisha, but she doesn't hurt either.

WORST: Glenn Heally, Bob Cole and THe Panthers tv crew (Brutal)

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

I do really like John Davidson, he's great.

Dick IRVIN was always my favourite though, I remember sneaking a radio into my room so i could listen to him on the radio, after my bed time when i was a kid... Those were the days.

Now, I'd have to say Chris Cuthbert is probably my favourite on that list and it's not because of Elisha, but she doesn't hurt either.

WORST: Glenn Heally, Bob Cole and THe Panthers tv crew (Brutal)

I also like JD and Sam Rosen, and yes, Denis Potvin is a sad excuse for a color guy, but have you ever heard John Garrett of TB? Him and the drone that does play-by-play are right up there with those 2 homers from Carolina with those irritating voices and limited hockey knowledge.

I am affraid I dont know by name any other than Pierre Houde.

What I can tell thought is......whenever I have the chance to follow one of our game on a different channel than RDS I take it.

The fluid nature of the Canadien or North American English could well be..... a little more suite to the up-tempo pace of a hockey game,....maybe,.. but mostly I feel, CBC or TSN and SportNet seems to have a better conceptual approach to how the whole thing should be done.

Basically,...they get out of the way and let the Action Speak....a clear prevalant role is given to the announcer over the analyste guy...and this analyste guy better be to the point if he dares making comments while the puck is on.

The other channels are just plain better '' dancing partners '' ,...they know something about '' the flow '' and letting the game transpire into your living room......in comparaison, RDS offer a stiffed reproduction cumbersomelly overplaying their stuffs and even worst.....not only do they keep filling the full image with bright red annoying statistics but they are invariably late in clearing that image in time for when the puck get dropped for most of the game. Come on RDS would you just get out of the way !

• 2 weeks later...

That Pittsburgh guy is hilarious.

"Slap gramma from her chair, I needa siddown!"

Chris Cuthbert as PBP man is excellent. I'll always love Dick Irvin. Danny Gallivan. Ah, those were the days. It was actually worth it to watch the CBC.

Buffalo fella is good as well, and I miss the La-la-la-la-la-la-la-lafontaiiiiiiiiiiine! That was awesome.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the guy from Pittsburgh is hilarious.

Also for me, I'd have to sat Peter McNabb, Jim Hughson, J.D, Chris Cuthbert and another guy from CBC. Forget his name.

And who I absolutely hate, hate, hate would be Glenn Healy (pompous douchebag), Pierre McGuire (stated he hated the Avalanche back in....oh...1999-2000. Haven't forgiven the asshole since then) and Peter Maher (He just annoys the crap out of me. He annoys all the Flames fans I know too). And anyone who works for Sportsnet West. They're so biased, it's not even funny.