Wassup With Krex?

CoRvInA

Mike's just fine. He played 0'00" -AGAIN- last night. I have no idea why CJ isn't playing him. Let's hope he's allowed to skate with the team during practice.

20/12 Ottawa: 8'16"

23/12 Washington: 3'54"

26/12 Atlanta: 6'26"

28/12 Tampa: 0'00"

30/12 Florida: 1'43"

31/12 Carolina: 0'00"

I don't understand it either. :?- It may have something to do with the Higgins incident. :?- It may be that he's not feeling well. :?- It may be another example of Julien's reluctance to put the young ones in full-time (see Perezhogin, Higgins & Plekanec's ice-time records). :?- :blink::wacko:

I'm not a qualified, experience coach and/or I'm not a fly on the wall in the dressing room, the offices of Julien, Gainey & anyone else responsible for deciding who plays and how much. so, I can't really make a good or appropriate judgement on this matter. I can only express my opinion, for what that's worth.

K REX is struggling. He was struggling when he was playing bigger minutes and Julien is just trying to shake this team up and give some other players a chance. The defence core is playing terrible that includes Markov in the last couple of games. The Canadiens play the Penguins on Tuesday with Therrien behind the bench, this will be a very tough game the Pens will come out flying I wonder what Julien has in store for that game.

Komisarek isn't the only guy who is struggling. It's simply ridicilous that a players sits the whole 60 minutes on the bench ... :puke:

Komisarek needs to play, either it's in the NHL or the AHL but he simply has to see some ice-time. It seems like he's the future of our d-corp, we don't really have that much depth there.

I only hope that we will see some changes soon - I always liked Julien but I don't understand what he's doing with the future of the team. Maybe its really time for a coaching change or a trade as it seems like the wins at the beginning of the season were only a fluke.

I don't understand it either. :?- It may have something to do with the Higgins incident. :?- It may be that he's not feeling well. :?- It may be another example of Julien's reluctance to put the young ones in full-time (see Perezhogin, Higgins & Plekanec's ice-time records). :?- :blink::wacko:

I'm not a qualified, experience coach and/or I'm not a fly on the wall in the dressing room, the offices of Julien, Gainey & anyone else responsible for deciding who plays and how much. so, I can't really make a good or appropriate judgement on this matter. I can only express my opinion, for what that's worth.

Oke i havent been online much the last week, my computer broke(still is). I tried to follow as much as possible. But was there an incident between Chris and Mike? I think i missed it in another thread!

Oke i havent been online much the last week, my computer broke(still is). I tried to follow as much as possible. But was there an incident between Chris and Mike? I think i missed it in another thread!

Yep they dropped the gloves during practice.

The two were serious as they traded jabs with their sticks before they started throwing punches.

"I guess I started it," Higgins said. "I gave him a little slash and then he cross-checked me and, if I hadn't given him another shot, it would have ended there."

"These things happen in hockey all the time," said Komisarek, who appeared to be embarrassed by the incident. "We were both working hard and things got a bit out of hand."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...2d-517757e2cf8d

Komisarek isn't the only guy who is struggling. It's simply ridicilous that a players sits the whole 60 minutes on the bench ...

Komisarek needs to play, either it's in the NHL or the AHL but he simply has to see some ice-time. It seems like he's the future of our d-corp, we don't really have that much depth there.

I only hope that we will see some changes soon - I always liked Julien but I don't understand what he's doing with the future of the team. Maybe its really time for a coaching change or a trade as it seems like the wins at the beginning of the season were only a fluke.

I did not read you complaining when Streit saw the entire game from the best seat in the house the middle of the bench.

The Habs can not send him to the minors he would have to clear waiver so if you think its a good idea that the Habs pay half of the rest of his salary while he plays in Pittsburgh or Columbus or St. Louis let me know

The wins at the beginning of the year were not a fluke in my opinion the team was for the most part healthy and everyone was contributing. Maybe a coaching change or big trade is in order but I just want this team to win as we all do, that includes me you most members on this board Julien and Gainey. Go habs Go

I love habsworld.

Edited by JMMR

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with Mike?

Does anyone have any information on his current status?

Scratched against the Sens & Avs.

His last 5 games:

12-28-2005 Lightning 0:00

12-30-2005 Panthers 1:43 3 shifts

12-31-2005 Hurricanes 0:00

01-03-2006 Penguins 7:37 9 shifts

01-05-2006 Devils 12:41 16 shifts

Fudge. Just when souray was improving.

the defense has really reeked last few days. all the markov rah rah bandwagon has died off now i take it..

flippin hell, montreal's gotta play komisarek and let him develop. jeez we have barely any solid bluechip defensive prospects as is. and the one we've got the powers that be won't play. Great, and then we wonder why so many Habs draft picks don't work out?

Fudge. Just when souray was improving.

the defense has really reeked last few days. all the markov rah rah bandwagon has died off now i take it..

flippin hell, montreal's gotta play komisarek and let him develop. jeez we have barely any solid bluechip defensive prospects as is. and the one we've got the powers that be won't play. Great, and then we wonder why so many Habs draft picks don't work out?

Couldn't agree more

Yeah Souray out hurts. But I am not sure how long he will be gone. We should all pray to the powers we believe in for his speedy recovery.

But possibly a blessing in disguise maybe the extra time for Krex and Streit will help them improve to where they should be playing a more consistent role when Souray is back.

Yeah Souray out hurts. But I am not sure how long he will be gone. We should all pray to the powers we believe in for his speedy recovery.

But possibly a blessing in disguise maybe the extra time for Krex and Streit will help them improve to where they should be playing a more consistent role when Souray is back.

Souray wants to come back Saturday. If not, it will be the game after that...his injury is just a sprain.

OK thank K THE C

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT INFO please

RDS my friend.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/195586.html

At the bottom of the article. Basically it says that its a hyperextension of the left knee and that it doesn't hurt him. Its just that his knee was unstable last night and did want to return because didn't want to hurt the team with bad plays.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

i don't know about the haircut but, as far as i understand, the new coach WILL make a difference.

gainey said that his focus will be to develop his prospects and that would seem to include developing komisarek also. he is a super prospect. he's a potential #2 defenseman so i expect that he will be given the opportunity to grow towards that.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

i don't know about the haircut but, as far as i understand, the new coach WILL make a difference.

gainey said that his focus will be to develop his prospects and that would seem to include developing komisarek also. he is a super prospect. he's a potential #2 defenseman so i expect that he will be given the opportunity to grow towards that.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Absolutely ... in any case wherever they end up developping the prospects is the key becuase in the end it build the team either from within or through trades!

• 1 month later...

«Pour la première fois de sa carrière, Komisarek parvient à maintenir le même niveau de jeu durant une longue période.

Il avait déjà joué de cette même façon en séries il y a deux saisons. Mais ça n'avait pas duré.

On espère seulement que nous voyons en ce moment son véritable niveau. C'est pour ça qu'il a été un choix de premier tour au repêchage.

Dans son cas, c'est surtout une question de confiance. Il joue plus parce qu'il joue bien et il joue bien parce qu'il joue plus. Il forme un bon duo avec Markov.»

-Bob Gainey, La Presse, 02/03/2006

Komisarek played 16'53" against the Isles and was a +1. In his last 11 games he's a +2.