Official MTL-BOS Pre-Season Thread

puck7x

First game (pre-season anyways) of the season...

Our lineup for tomorrow nights game will be TEAM-B

THE "A" TEAM :)

Balej - Koivu - Perezhogin

Dackell - Perreault - Ward

Dwyer - Bulis - Carpentier

Souray - Brisebois

Rivet - Markov

Traverse - Archer

Theodore

Michaud

Fichaud

THE "B" TEAM

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Audette

Hossa - Higgins - Ryder

Sundstrom - Juneau - Zednik

Blouin - Plekanec - Ferland

Dykhuis - Komisarek

Hainsey - Quintal

Bouillon - Beauchemin

Garon

Damphousse

The "A" and "B" teams will alternate exhibition games... With the B team playing the first game.

* - Rosters are correct but the lineups are just educated guesses of mine . (they'll probably be different ...)

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

[Edited on 2003-9-18 by puck7x]

Do we know which one is playing Boston?

I'm guessing 'A' because (a.) It's up first, and (b.) Because we have Ward (for Morrisson) and Dwyer and Carpentier in the lineup.

Also, it's the stronger defensive team , and the goalies... we'll see on the day, although I'm not all smiles with Jose's less-than-stellar play.

Will the game be on radio? I'd like to listen. Got Surfer Network ready, just need CJAD coverage.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2003/9/18 by TheAussiePosse]

Tough matchup against one of the oldest rivalries in the sport.

Stats matchup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teammatch?te...a=bos&teamb=mon

Roster:

http://www.canadiens.com/english/presse/co...dex.cfm?id=1856

Misc:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...916_182608_4172 (Sportsnet airing 16 habs's games)

Feel free to add more links (Pre-game, more stat matchups, etc)

:ghg:

Originally posted by puck7x

Hossa - Higgins - Ryder

Sundstrom -  Juneau - Zednik

I hope to hell this is not the final lineup... Ribeiro & Zednik should never leave each other's side again.

Ribeiro has to continue to look good throughout the pre-season schedule if he wants ANY chance of earning a spot on the team other than the 4th line.

At least go:

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Zednik

Hossa-Higgins-Ryder

Sundstrom-Juneau-Audette

Blouin-Plekanec-Ferland

Let the loser trio of Sundstrom-Juneau-Audette suck and play themselves out of the lineup.

And Ferland is lethal around the net, sadly with Blouin on their line any chance of them (he & Plek) have a good pre-season is about nil.

Hopefully they play around with the lineup so Ferland & Plekanec get a chance to play with better players at least once in a while.

P.S. Puck, did Ferland look smaller than the listed 6'2'' 220lbs to you too? He sure did to me.

Bruins squad for 9/18/03 Vs the Canadiens

Centers- Brian Rolston, Benoit Mondou, P.J. Stock, Patrice Bergeron, Kris Vernarsky

Wingers- Rob Zamuner LW, Martin Lapointe RW, Michal Grosek LW, Ivan Huml LW, Ted Donato LW, Martin Samuelsson RW, Pat Leahy LW, Darren Van Oene LW

Defence- Ian Moran, Sean O'Donnell, Jeff Jillson, Hal Gill, Shaone Morrisonn, Milan Jurcina

Goal- Andrew Raycroft, Hannu Toivonen

Hey guys,

This is my 1st post on this website. I usually post under hfboards.com under the same name. Just got onto this site, and it looks like a cool one.

Wish i was at the game tonite, watching my brother play in his debut as a habs. My dad drove up though. He was pretty excited.

Take care fellas,

Kev

Originally posted by Habs77
Originally posted by puck7x

Hossa - Higgins - Ryder

Sundstrom -  Juneau - Zednik

I hope to hell this is not the final lineup... Ribeiro & Zednik should never leave each other's side again.

Ribeiro has to continue to look good throughout the pre-season schedule if he wants ANY chance of earning a spot on the team other than the 4th line.

At least go:

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Zednik

Hossa-Higgins-Ryder

Sundstrom-Juneau-Audette

Blouin-Plekanec-Ferland

Let the loser trio of Sundstrom-Juneau-Audette suck and play themselves out of the lineup.

And Ferland is lethal around the net, sadly with Blouin on their line any chance of them (he & Plek) have a good pre-season is about nil.

Hopefully they play around with the lineup so Ferland & Plekanec get a chance to play with better players at least once in a while.

P.S. Puck, did Ferland look smaller than the listed 6'2'' 220lbs to you too? He sure did to me.

Dont worry about my lineup , I just jotted down the first lines that came to mind , and Zednik was the last player I noticed , so I jammed him on the 3rd line (though he'll probably play with Ribs) ... Its just a lineup based on the roster , its not an official lineup...

Yeah , Ferland looked about 6'0.5 200lb or so to me. I wonder why he is listed higher...

LISTEN LIVE

www.cjad.com

www.ckac.com

Here is the Bruins roster for tonight , its pretty damn weak ... the sad part is that I heard a Bruins fan say that this team (they split their squads like us) has better defense then their other team.

Brian Rolston

Rob Zamuner

Martin Lapointe

Michal Grosek

Ivan Huml

Benoit Mondou

Ted Donato

P.J. Stock

Martin Samuelsson

Pat Leahy

Patrice Bergeron

Darren Van Oene

Kris Vernarsky

Ian Moran

Sean O'Donnell

Jeff Jillson

Hal Gill

Shaone Morrisonn

Milan Jurcina

Andrew Raycroft

Hannu Toivonen

BTW : Tonights habs preseason game is being televised in ALL Cage Aux Sport restaurants in Quebec... I have one right near me , but decided against going tonight , maybe I'll go on Saturday though... (If its also televised)

Game started , habs had a PP , did not score...

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Dagenais - Plekanec - Audette

Ryder - Juneau - Sundstrom

Ferland - Higgins - Blouin

Dykhuis - Quintal

Hainsey - Bouillon

Beauchemin - Komisarek

Garon (start)

Damphousse

1st period almost over , pretty uneventful...

Fight (if you could call it that) at the end of the period between Jeff Jillson and S.Blouin (Whats Jillson thinking? He isnt a fighter) , Dykhuis also gets a penalty on the play...

Refs broke up the fight virtually before it began.

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Welcome to the board, Habfan1084

Just out of curiosity, which habs is your brother?

Its Chris higgins , if he doesnt mind me saying...

btw habfan1084 , I know that on the other board people doubted your relation to Chris , but here on HW you have a clean slate and we give you the benefit of the doubt... I beleive you.

(Plus of course your story checks out through your email addy and your IP , but do not worry , they will be kept private)

[Edited on 2003-9-19 by puck7x]

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

Ok, guys, I need help.

I've been going back and forth on both of the radio sites and I cannot listen to the game. I click on ckac's link and i get the pre-recording about the expos games.

Help would be appreciated  

Thanks.

Nothing that we can really do now , game is almost over...

Dont you live in Montreal? Just turn on 800AM...

0-0 , under 4 mins left in 3rd.

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

Shit!  

No, I don't live in montreal, I'm going to Bishops right now, you think I could get the single from Sherbrooke???  

Ah, well I'll try it again for Saturday night's game.

If you want you can get a Yahoo-ID and Yahoo IM and chat with the rest of us during game-nights , 6 of us chatting right now... we'll keep you up-to-date. Plus one of us can feed the audio through to you.

Just the end, about 30 seconds before we lost in OT.

Beauchemin gets a penalty with 30 seconds remaining?... not smart, although I didn't see the play.

He's gotta feel snake-bitten right now, first the high-stick on Kilger and now the penalty that costs us the 1st game.

Ah well... Kilger sounds like he'll be ok and who cares about pre-season... it'll be fine.

CJ should be pretty happy, he said his main focus was to play good D this year... and we didn't give up a goal in regulation.

Garon seemed or best goalie right now when I went on Monday... I guess Theo is using his experience, he's not peaking too early ;)

As for Higgins, nice to have his bro on board... how did he do tonight?

Personally as I said before I don't see us having much room for him, and I don't want him to make the team only to play on the 4th line like Ribeiro did.

I prefer he gets loads of playing time in Hamilton under the good coaching of Jarvis... get used to the pro game, dominate in the AHL for a while. Then he could be a mid-season callup IF he's done well in Hamilton, AND we've made some room for him in MTL... no 4th line please.

I see him WAY ahead of Perezhogin in terms of NHL readiness... which was a surprise, since AS & Timmins kept talking about how Perezhogin has played with adults and would be ready right away... while Higgins might find the transition from college to pro a little harder (play level but also 80 game sched).

I'm also a big Ryder fan, intense & solid... really has to make the team.

Forget bringing in a star player, if Gainey can just manage to get rid of Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom, Dykhuis... I'll be thrilled.

Ribeiro the best Habs player tonight, yet again... go Mikey!!

Now, time to over-analyse the game.

Was Hainsey any good tonight? Audette? Ferland? Plekanec?

How about our shutting down of the opposition? 24 shots to 19 in our favour.

Will the lines be similar next time?

*shakes head*

Well, at least most of my picks were right.

Habs sound like they were solid. Even with half of our team, we went well enough. However, I'm hoping that we have more heart. Last year, we were second in the league in OTL, which one could attribute to a loss of heart at the end of the game.

And while the entire first line of Boston's was resting (Samsonov-Thornton-Murray), our first line was too (Bulis-Koivu-Audette).

Tomorrow, Ottawa. Lots of skating, but it'll make guys like Brisebois, Traverse and Perreault have to prove their mettle.

[Edited on 2003/9/19 by TheAussiePosse]

From what i saw on the highlights Ribeiro looked like the best player, i really hope he takes the #2 position from Perreault. Zednik and Ribeiro looked like they had some good Chemistry together, hopefully it works out!.

How about the move Ryder put on the Bruins d-man in the first? he almost jammed it in too. Anyone know how he did in the rest of the game?

Even tho im a big fan of him im assuming he didnt do all that well, playing on a line with Juneau and Sundstrom would make anyone look bad (notice who was on the ice for the ot winner?, the so called checkers juneau and Sundstrom). Hopefully he makes the team and gets a chance to prove he can stay.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

:hlogo::can: