GAME#42 Anaheim vs Habs 7:00pm Jan 27 2022

GHT120

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would definitely keep him as part of the new core: Pitlick-Evans-Lehkonen would be a great 3|4 line for years 

That would be an expensive 4th line ... they would (IMO) have to be the 3rd line.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I don't see why they couldn't be that.

Didn't say they couldn't ... at least during a rebuild, then see how they develop and where the team is down the road.

Right. As the rebuild progresses, roles and assignments will evolve. The key question is which players Hughes and Gorton want to keep for the rebuild, whether for the building stage or the contending stage.

In the meantime, I have already said that I like the current Toffoli-Suzuki-Lehkonen line, and it appears that Ducharme does as well, as he hasn't broken it up yet. It's not a traditional top line in character, but much more like the first line we had for the past few years with Tatar, Danault and Gallagher. Not that I expect to see those guys (or what's left of them) playing together next year.