2022-2023 Lions de Trois Rivières

alfredoh2009

I couldn't find a thread on this season for the Lions3R

Some news here:

Rumour that he is after the Drummondville Voltigeurs job in the QMJHL

I think the reason there isn't a thread for them is simply that there isn't much of anything to follow.  From a Habs perspective, there's Vrbetic and, well, that's it.

From the list of players in the second post, the ones that are under contract in Laval with no direct ties to the Canadiens are Galipeau, Beauregard, Dube, Parker-Jones, Francis (recalled today), Stapley, McKay, Centorame, and Desrosiers.  

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think the reason there isn't a thread for them is simply that there isn't much of anything to follow.  From a Habs perspective, there's Vrbetic and, well, that's it.

From the list of players in the second post, the ones that are under contract in Laval with no direct ties to the Canadiens are Galipeau, Beauregard, Dube, Parker-Jones, Francis (recalled today), Stapley, McKay, Centorame, and Desrosiers.  

I am not sure, but should Galipeau be on the Habs fans radar? He seems to have good stats, second in points.

I think Parker-Jones was the one training camp PTO to get a contract.

Stapley doesn't seem to be doing well so far.

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am not sure, but should Galipeau be on the Habs fans radar? He seems to have good stats, second in points.

I think Parker-Jones was the one training camp PTO to get a contract.

Stapley doesn't seem to be doing well so far.

Galipeau was a sought after QMJHL free agent a few years ago but turned down Montreal's AHL contract offer to sign with Boston's AHL team and let's just say he didn't do well.  He was on an ECHL deal with Trois-Rivieres last season and did well enough to get an AHL deal (I believe two-way) this season.  But that's as far as it goes.  He's 25 and isn't much of a defensive defender but, as he was in junior, he's good in the offensive end.  With all the depth the Habs in the system defensively, they can't afford to waste an NHL contract on an ECHL defenceman.

Dube was also a rookie camp tryout that eventually got a two-way deal.

I was expecting Stapley to push for a regular spot in Laval this season, not struggle in the ECHL.  Perhaps not signing him was the right move after all.

• Upvote 1