Just To Stir The Pot....

johnnyhasbeen

Here's a bold idea.

Bone the season!!!

Finish low, draft high

At or close to trading deadline let Theo and Kovelev go for 1st round picks

Take 3 of the top 30, one of top 6 (yes we could bone it that bad) picks.

Draft is thick this year, Ottawa,Philly are both too strong for us in the east. (hate to say it but it is true)

remember my butler is a Flyer fan and the wife from Ottawa....

Just a thought, not a good one, but these are dark times we live in.

Bob, well, a friend who liked to crash on coach so much we gave him a title and tasks. Also a Browns fan, one of the few teams to beat my Bears.

GO BEARS

Here's a bold idea.

Bone the season!!!

Finish low, draft high

Draft is thick this year, Ottawa,Philly are both too strong for us in the east. (hate to say it but it is true)

This post is absolute bull####. Nobody with any class or respect for their team, fans, other players and NHL would even think of something like tanking.

This post is absolute bull####. Nobody with any class or respect for their team, fans, other players and NHL would even think of something like tanking.

I gotta agree. Back in November just about every Avs fan wanted to tank the season for a good pick and it was really depressing. Being a fan means you want your team to win no matter what. Through thick and thin and all that.

Did I say I didn't want them to win, if you think your blood is more red,blue white then mine it is only through ignorance, ie you don't know me. I posted an idea, and stated it wasn't good, so before Kaos challenges my class, which I am sure I have more than enough of, he should have read the final line, so don't jump on your high horse and wave fingers at illussionary enemies my friend, you will end up like Napoleon, more than slightly bonkers. Trust me, I want them to win, not tank the season, I threw this idea out for discussion, and if anyone else wants to make a personal attack at me, come to NS, or any April Wine gig, drop the gloves and get down to it, like Nilan of old I will oblige, otherwise stick to the topics. Remember, only cowards attack other men anonomously.

Oh, and by the way, it wouldn't be the first time a team ditched for draft picks, so as for nobody with respect....What you talking about, this is pro sport, which means big business, not gentlemens hockey, which may or may not have standards of conduct.

But here, you want the cup this year, ok

Trade, Perezhogan, Locke, Higgins, Komoserek, Chipchurra, Emelin, Latendresse,Plekanek and\or kostitsyn. We will have a dynomite, though old team in return, and have a good shot at the cup this year. Then we can rebuild over the next 5-7years. I am not in the office with Mr Gainey, but as an educated hockey fan I can tell you those are the players the other teams want from us, not Ribs, Dags, Sunny, or any of the other middle carreer guys on the squad. Nobody is about to give us a francise player for a struggling goalie. It wont happen.

I entered this season with my eyes open and feet on the ground. We would fight for the last playoff spots. We still can but only if the team plays like they did coming out of training camp. Otherwise we will draft early . If the front office throws the only good part of the current francise away, that being our young talent, we are no better than the Leafs, and if that is what you want, I would rather you became a Leaf fan.

johnny i agree there are far too many personal attacks. I may not think that tanking the season is the answer but I can see why you say it. Having eric johnson would be something. However this team is not that far away from being really good. we spent 5 years getting to this stage now is not the time to change direction. Bob will get it done. Far too proud and far too talented not to. have faith

Okay, with the coaching change maybe we will get back to hockey. As I said. If we play like we did coming out we will make the playoffs. If Jose gets hot he will steal a round or 2 then who knows.... Believe me, I haven't given up, threw an idea in the pot to get reaction. Got one. 5 Days no smokes and bad hockey makes Johnny touchy.

Okay, with the coaching change maybe we will get back to hockey. As I said. If we play like we did coming out we will make the playoffs. If Jose gets hot he will steal a round or 2 then who knows.... Believe me, I haven't given up, threw an idea in the pot to get reaction. Got one. 5 Days no smokes and bad hockey makes Johnny touchy.

Sorry but where did u guys get the source for Theo returning to the net!

Sorry but where did u guys get the source for Theo returning to the net!

Nothing stated here about when he will return, but I don't think for a second he has played his game here.

Do you?

Anyhow, the point of this post was,"Stir the Pot" I did, Jullien went away, never believed in the RB+w I think anyway, good coach but not a habs. That's my story and I am sticking to it. 5.5 days no smokes.

The only problem with a plan like that is that there's no guarantee that you'd get those two extra first rounders. I've noticed that in recent years, teams have begun holding on to their first rounders, and second round picks have been more freely moved around.

I'd also have a major problem with ANY team pulling a Penguin act and tanking it, especially in February or March with the playoffs still in reach. Entering Saturday's game, we were still in 9th spot.

Nothing related but ... to stir the pot a bit too tell me if the SportsNet Spaghetti incident goes on even to the stats they write up or these rooks are actually making more than the max allowed? look up Higgins and AK 46

for example

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=8962&hubname=

Nothing related but ... to stir the pot a bit too tell me if the SportsNet Spaghetti incident goes on even to the stats they write up or these rooks are actually making more than the max allowed? look up Higgins and AK 46

for example

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=8962&hubname=

Those look to be the right numbers as reported on NHLPA website. Hoe the heck does higgins make 400,000 more than Begin?

Here's a bold idea.

Bone the season!!!

Finish low, draft high

Yeah or i have an idea. Play hard win a few games, and make the playoffs. nobody gave them a chance against boston either of the years they knocked them off.

I can't believe you would even suggest tanking it

and we have enough prospects in the system to keep us going for a while.

He said that the idea was a bad one but it still shouldn't ever be considered. The real problem I have with the post is where it says trade Theo and Kovalev for 1st rounder. Unless we get a top 5 pick, we won't draft anyone better than Kovy in the first round. Great idea to gain nothing except putting our development back 14 years. It makes me angry when people say "why don't the Canadiens trade someone to get better?" to be told that they don't have much trade bait. They then will go on to tell you "Well, who's good on the team?" Ryder, Koivu, Kovalev. "So trade them." What is the point of making a trade if you're going to trade your best players? Some people are idiots. (Of course I'm not talking about the guy who made the opening post of this thread - he just said something that made me go out on a rant.:))

Bulis, you got the point of the post :wacko:

I posted this when most on here were calling to trade everyone and anyone, oh except Rollie :lol:

I wanted to rant, and knew others did too. Threw a left field, man if things don't turn around we are doomed, post out there. Those were dark days, no smoking, no wins. But since I quit smoking 8 days ago the Habs are winning so I think it will stick this time.

I would never expect or want the Habs to do this and would be disappointed if the did. It was just heading that way in a hurry, without intention. Gainey saw what was happening and has reacted.

All will be Good

The keys to Habs success: lots of sex, but no smoking afterwards!

I knew that! I knew that!

Why didn't I say that first? Sheesh.......

Forget those old boxing managers theory that it's best not to have sex during all of the direct training for a fight because women, you know women, they sap the very life force out of us... they weaken our sense of purpose by a sense of false satisfaction... evil things that they are.

Well anyways, can you imagine our boys not being able to 'communicate' with their wives while training for the next 'fight'. Good grief! The next 'fight' is always a day or two or three or four off. On top of that, those

'fights' last from mid-september (training camp) to at least mid-april (last game of the regular schedule) and could last... hold on to your shorts... till... the... middle... of... JUNE!!!! AAAAACCCHHHH...... just to think of it shrivels up my 'communicator'. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: