Zednik & Plekanec Going West

Psycing

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Canadiens RW Richard Zednik, who has a bruised thumb, skated with LW Tomas Plekanec, who is recovering from a knee injury. Both players will be on the charter flight this morning as the Canadiens prepare to open a six-game road trip Thursday night in Calgary. - Montreal Gazette

(Got this from TSN's Ice Chips)

This should give Gainey (& Carbo) some very interesting line-up options.

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Plekanec - Kastitsyn

Bulis - Bonk - Murray/Ribs

Higgins - Begin - Sundstrom

In my mind, these would prove to be some good lines, once everybody is 100% healthy. The PP-unit of Bulis-Bonk-Ribs has done well the past couple games, and I'd like to see them iced as a regular unit.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

(Got this from TSN's Ice Chips)

This should give Gainey (& Carbo) some very interesting line-up options.

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Plekanec - Kastitsyn

Bulis - Bonk - Murray/Ribs

Higgins - Begin - Sundstrom

In my mind, these would prove to be some good lines, once everybody is 100% healthy. The PP-unit of Bulis-Bonk-Ribs has done well the past couple games, and I'd like to see them iced as a regular unit.

I doubt the injured players (especially Plekanec who had a more severe injury) get full icetime.

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik/Bulis - Ribeiro - Kostitsyn

Bulis/Zednik - Bonk - Sundstrom

Higgins - Begin - Plekanec

That's my guess, with Murray and Ferland being scratches. I'm thinking one of them might play over Kostitsyn because we'll need grit against the Flames.

I doubt the injured players (especially Plekanec who had a more severe injury) get full icetime.

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik/Bulis - Ribeiro - Kostitsyn

Bulis/Zednik - Bonk - Sundstrom

Higgins - Begin - Plekanec

That's my guess, with Murray and Ferland being scratches. I'm thinking one of them might play over Kostitsyn because we'll need grit against the Flames.

Plek playing against the F-lames the hardest hitting team in the west? I doubt it! Sat maybe! Zedkick should be playing though!

Thank God, Marchment's gone! That guy was an assassin on skates. If Plekanec doesn't play then my "official" lines are:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev

Bulis-Bonk-Ribeiro

Zednik-Higgins-Murray

Sundstrom-Begin-Ferland

I guess these would be them. We keep the first line, use a second line with actual chemistry, promote hot players like Higgins and Murray while keeping a tough and strong line-up. The first line is the weakest line but they make up for that in skill.

I agree with putting Ferland in there..he had a good couple of games, and has actually thrown his body around a fair bit, something sorely lacking this year with the habs. I'd like Begin with Higgens and Zednik, and Murray centering the 4th line.

I agree with putting Ferland in there..he had a good couple of games, and has actually thrown his body around a fair bit, something sorely lacking this year with the habs. I'd like Begin with Higgens and Zednik, and Murray centering the 4th line.

Dont underestimate Bubbles lack of vision ...he put Begin in the fourth line cause that 4th line is gonna need all the experience we can put! 3rd and 4th lines are gonna have to be the cussion lines to receive and give pounding ... lets cross everything we can cross those Caddle lubbers in Calgary are no brokeback mountain cowboys!!

(p.s. havent seent he movie so I dont know how Broken in they are )

Its just that New Jersey and Atlanta keep winning. We have games in hand but they are only good if you win them. This road trip could be the make or break point of the season for them. I think they will beat calgary tonight. Then the Sched. gets much tougher. But at least we end it with an easy one vs the leafs :)

Its just that New Jersey and Atlanta keep winning. We have games in hand but they are only good if you win them. This road trip could be the make or break point of the season for them. I think they will beat calgary tonight. Then the Sched. gets much tougher. But at least we end it with an easy one vs the leafs :)

I dont know I too think we'll beat the F - Lames and too the Canucks but at what price? ... i fear some injuries will be the cost for those 4 points ... then we'll be facing TO with Tough Yet Injured roster! Im trying not to be pessimistic but nevertheless this 6 game war path will reflect what our level of play is! I for one would play very cautiously against Calgary for starters ( keep that head up and watch out for those crazy caddle #@ckers!!! Then we can unleash the beast against the rest of the 5 squads! KILL EM ALL!

Edited by CoRvInA