Aftermath Of Souray's Fight

lazy26

Am I the only one who things that Bob should sit Souray down and say:

" Hey Pal, I appreciate what you are trying to do for the team by fighting but we need you on the ice and I dont want you taking anymore risks with that wrist by throwing punches. We have other guys to do that stuff."

I mean Souray's wrist injury was career threatening and required several surgeries; he should NOT be fighting.

PS: Kerplunk, Goodbye, good luck and good riddance! I don't know why such an ardent Flames fan would want to hang around here anyway.

Well under different circumstances this might be a possibility but with the Canadiens defence struggling and Markov out I don’t think it is a good idea.

As for Kerplunk it's too bad HW is losing some diversity in the habs talk thread, but lets not lower ourselves to his level and bash him.

"I'm not going to change the way I play. It's no secret. I'm a physical player. I've had fights. It's part of my game. It always has been." - Sheldon Souray

Well under different circumstances this might be a possibility but with the Canadiens defence struggling and Markov out I don’t think it is a good idea.

I didn't mean sit him down as in bench him. I meant sit him down for a heart to heart chat. No matter what Souray says(Thanks M) he shouldn't be fighting more than one or twice a season if that.

BTW, saw a picture of Souray and the bleeding rag doll in the Gulf News today. We're lucky he wasnt suspended because the picture clearly shows that his brace does go down over his hand.

This guy, KERPLUNK, has the nerve to lecture us on class and behaviour after posting this in the Cal-MTL game thread:

"But hey what can you expect from a team lead by a washed up 5"11 fin."

:nono: :angry2:

HW is better off without all of these whiners who have to tell us why we're so bad before they go away. Its like the endless super-villian speeches in the comic books...just go already!

I agree with you 100%.........As far as I knew....this place was a Montreal Canadiens site.....therefore it should be for habs fans only......we don't need f*cking morons like KERPLUNK running around here....who is going to allowed to join next????...maybe a bunch of stupid Leaf fans???........I think its about time for puck7x & sakiqc to think about who they really want posting on this site(Habs fans or fans of other teams).....I'll tell you guys right now.....if these idiots are going to be allowed to post here then I won't be around for much longer.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

I didn't mean sit him down as in bench him. I meant sit him down for a heart to heart chat. No matter what Souray says(Thanks M) he shouldn't be fighting more than one or twice a season if that.

BTW, saw a picture of Souray and the bleeding rag doll in the Gulf News today. We're lucky he wasnt suspended because the picture clearly shows that his brace does go down over his hand.

He wouldn't be suspended for it, b/c he is in need of the brace. The rule was put in place for such other items that actually have an intent to injure, tin foil, tape, surgical gloves. Things that are not required, but are used for that purpose. The brace falls in as a technicality so the refs made the right call, but Sourray would not be suspended for it.

I'm not a fan of the way the rule is written anywas, because Sourray is allowed to fight but if he cuts someone he'll be thrown out of the game.

kerplunk is an idiot and boy don't we feel bad that the jerk left. how will we ever recover? Souray should not be our enforcer. If he breaks that wrist again he could be finished. ferland or murray or damn near anybody else can handle that aspect of the game

Wow alot of negative responses towards Kerplunk.

He's a big Flames fan and a majority of the people here are big Habs fans.

He's just defending his favorite team, makes sense no?

He's not defending his team. He's bashing the Habs and he doesn't explain himself or have any real eason. He won the game so he went after the only thing they lost - a fight - and argued how McCarthy can kick Souray's ass and how Souray should have been suspended when he doesn't know the rules of the game. Then he tells us that it's us who don't know the rules and says he hates the habs - all because he speaks without knowing what he's saying. And I also tries to rip me off in the HWL. :) What kind of positive response does he deserve?

Wow alot of negative responses towards Kerplunk.

He's a big Flames fan and a majority of the people here are big Habs fans.

Exactlly!!!!! This is a Habs site......not a Flames site.

He's just defending his favorite team, makes sense no?

"But hey what can you expect from a team lead by a washed up 5"11 fin."

^ thats ok with you???? Its not ok with me and it sure as hell doesn't look like he's defending his team here....does it?

Edited by Spider-Man NL

:lol: ok ok looks like I'm starting to raise a few eye brows of my own here.

I'm not surprised by his comments regardless of which team fan he is. Hell, I know plenty of Habs fan who call Koivu washed up and a piece of garbage.

With what happend to Souray, he shouldn't of dropped the gloves on a night where his team depended on him. Plain and simple, if he knew about the NHL rule that cost him a game misconduct then he got REAL lucky he avoided a suspension.

I agree with you 100%.........As far as I knew....this place was a Montreal Canadiens site.....therefore it should be for habs fans only......we don't need f*cking morons like KERPLUNK running around here....who is going to allowed to join next????...maybe a bunch of stupid Leaf fans???........I think its about time for puck7x & sakiqc to think about who they really want posting on this site(Habs fans or fans of other teams).....I'll tell you guys right now.....if these idiots are going to be allowed to post here then I won't be around for much longer.

Spidey, don't get so bent out of shape over one moron. Remember NE ILLEGETIMI CARBORUM EST which loosely translated means " Never let the Bastards grind you down!"

Plain and simple, if he knew about the NHL rule that cost him a game misconduct then he got REAL lucky he avoided a suspension.

Read the thread for the rules on why he shouldn't have gotten suspended. He should never have fought though.

All I gotta say is that Souray won the fight. It was a punch not an elbow, almost knocked down Mccarthy but it did stagger him. After that Souray didnt try and hit him again cause of the blood. Souray has a great punch and is real strong. I think he could go for the heavyweight championship of the NHL if he was less talented. As for the bandaged wrist that is nonsense. He should have been given a major if the bandage had scratched Mccarthy which wasnt the case. The rule is stupid

Edited by Strummerman

I only saw Zednik fight once or twice (he won) but with his strength, he can probably become one of the league's heavyweights. He's one of the strongest players in the league and probably THE strongest in comparison to his size. He wears a visor though, so he's not allowed to fight. I think that instead of the Habs turning a young energizer into an enforcer we should just use Ivanans. Not only is he a tank (unproven fighting skills though) but he's crazy fast which is good because he fits into our system. I'd like to see him get another chance but I know he never will.