Can't Win With That Goaltending

jackp

They started pretty well tonight but 3 soft goals out of the first 4 goals, just killed us. Only the 3rd goal was not Theo's fault. And for people who say the team has no heart, if you've ever played, you know exactly how soft goals take the mickey out of you. Gainey better do something about the goalie situation, or this season (and any future one with Theo) is lost...

- Jack

Yeah I'll agree with you about soft goals taking there toll, but as well untill Rivet got into the dust up with Adams I haven't seen one Canadien player do anything, ie fight/hit/big goal... that has energized this team in any game.

THis isn't all Theodore's fault and he shouldn't be totally to blame.

Congratulations for Rivet for trying to start something tonight. He should be the captain of this team. NOw Montreal is pretty close to rock bottom. They need somebody else to step up and delivery that crushing bodycheck, or pop that big goal, but you know what...its probably not going to happen. Because with players like Bonk, Bulis, Higgins, Sundstrom, Begin, Streit, Bouillon, and Murray, there all too small, or unskilled to provide the talent or physical play or both that is necessary to bring that element to the game.

This team is soft and lacks heart and skill...with the exception of a few.... and that is very dangerous in todays NHL, and its Killing them

Just trade Théo (if somebody is interested in him anyways) - he's a waste of 5 million. We can't wait anymore that this guy might return to a good form, just get him out of goal. It's ridicilous how this guy is flying around the crease, just awful to watch. :puke:

With the new equipment rules and ice sizes not all goalies are making the adjustment. Theo is one of them. He is too small, too flighty, and a sieve to boot. Man one of the goals last night not sure which, shot from the point. He was in the back of his crease on his knees before the shot was taken. I saw the replay with the point view and I could have scored in any of the corners myself. They were wide open. He is a terrible goalie KNOW. I know he has been great in the past and I was a big supporter through his early developement years, but he has to go. I would even prefer Lalime at this point of time. Well maybe not lol. But Kolzig would be great.

how about the 2 goals huet let in they were horrible. I've said it a million times, there are way more problems on this team than just the goaltending. the simple question is will this team improve with a different goalie? I still maintain regardless of who's in nets this team is soft, not willing to pay the price and has a very weak defensive corps(especially with /Markov out). even if we trade Theo at his low value...the results will be the same even if you have Patrick Roy in nets.

Exactly habzz22, other people on this board don't seem to get it, it makes no difference who is playing in net when you score 1 or 2 goals a game, and hang your goalies out to dry all night. Hasek couldn't win on this team. It's time people start calling out other high priced players who don't show up like Rivet, Souray, Koivu, Kovalev, etc.

Some people on this board would like to blame everything but goaltending. THe goalie gets hung out to dry because he lets in 3 soft goals within 10 minutes then the team falls apart. They don't want to play for THEO anymore because he's shit.

Talking about the two goals given up by Huet, I don't know if you watch the games, one of them was a nice shot and if you want to call that roofjob weak, fine, the other one he had sourray sitting on his head, when the goal was scored.

Watch when Huet starts the next game and doesn't give up a softie off the bat what happens, the team plays with more confidence and will win a game

how many threads do we need on theo bashers?

how many threads do we need on theo bashers?

are the people who run this forum not paying attention?

lets start a new thread I think we should find a new #1 goaltender. oh Our guy is theo SORRY

Some people on this board would like to blame everything but goaltending. THe goalie gets hung out to dry because he lets in 3 soft goals within 10 minutes then the team falls apart. They don't want to play for THEO anymore because he's shit.

Talking about the two goals given up by Huet, I don't know if you watch the games, one of them was a nice shot and if you want to call that roofjob weak, fine, the other one he had sourray sitting on his head, when the goal was scored.

Watch when Huet starts the next game and doesn't give up a softie off the bat what happens, the team plays with more confidence and will win a game

I'm all about accountability and could care less if Theo or huet gets the starts. My point was that it really doesn't matter who is in nets because the team is playing with zero confidence right now. And yes I was watching the game , thats why I said he let in 2 bad goals i.m.o, and just as when Theo goes down early and a shot whizzes by his ear I call it a bad goal. My opinion is that the team has many more weaknesses than goaltending thats all, the defence needs to be upgraded and we need to get tougher up front. Not to mention ourso called star players have to earn their $$$ including Kovalev,Koivu,Zednik,Souray,Rivet,Bonk. I dont see anyone lynching Kovalev and Koivu for not showing up on this road trip? why not? They've been nowhere to be seen!

At this point i dont care if they throw zednik in nets. this is becoming sad. We are becoming a laughing stock. I am a huge Theo fan and will never bash him but we need to do something to stop this foolishness. Still alot of time left in the season so we gotta start winning now.

The reason to blame the goaltending is that it's an easier fix than the defence or forwards. Just replace one guy.

I'm a anti-theo hater (That'd make me a theo lover then?), I just think we need to be more patient, drop the dead weight in the forwards positiong, and carry on with the season. NO ONE is going to take on Theo's contract, and I do not think Huet is ready to be a starter, the same reason you are all blasting Theo (Oh, he just had one good 1/2 season), is what Huet falls under..he's only had a good FEW games.

As an aside, I'd like to say it sickens me to see the lack of support, ALL teams go through bad times...why all the angst? Some might call it passion, and most Canadiens fans have it...but when has focusing on the negatives ever produced results.

Bring on the flames :)

Bar

What about Danis, I honestly think that if Bob does not want to deal Theo send him to the minors for a few weeks. Maybe now maybe during the Olympic break but Theo needs confidence and Theo needs a shutout. I know shutouts are down big time in My NHL but seriously he should have a had a few by now.

how about the 2 goals huet let in they were horrible. I've said it a million times, there are way more problems on this team than just the goaltending. the simple question is will this team improve with a different goalie? I still maintain regardless of who's in nets this team is soft, not willing to pay the price and has a very weak defensive corps(especially with /Markov out). even if we trade Theo at his low value...the results will be the same even if you have Patrick Roy in nets.

Regardless, if you score 2-3 goals, it should be enough, with a goalie who has a goals against below 3, like every other number 1 goalie.

Oh, Habschris, yes Hasak would win on this team, check out his stats from Buffalo with a defence half as good as ours.

Rebound control is non-existant in Theo's game this year. It is a matter of him finding what I used to call the zone when I played nets. Its a comfortable head space you get in and all pucks hit you, find your glove or ring off a post. Goaltending is 75% mental I found. Even though I played better physically in my teens and twenties, I was way better in my 30's, although my knees were going, I could focus easier and didn't let a bad one get to me the same. Had to play more positionally, due to slowness and stiffness, focus more on rebounds to the corrners etc. I told the wife that Theo is finding the anti-zone. That is a bad place were every puck you know you have goes off the tip of your glove and in, rebounds land on opponents sticks, off the post and in, d-mans skate, etc......oops 5 goals already? Know that place myself and it is bad. He probably won't snap out of it this season without a trade. New surroundings equal different head space.

Honestly? I think he needs to smoke a spliff before the game and get into the zone.

:unsure:

I think smoking a spilff is what he may have already tried have you watched the last two games ;).

I wonder if BG will start him for a third straight game.

I was positive he would start him against the Canes but I think now is Huets turn.