Habs Future Lineup

umpalumpa55

Why nuts? Bonk and Sundstrum are considered to be good defensive forwards... Bouillon is in my mind a #4 Dman and Theo is a goaltender that some teams are willing to trade 3 or 4 players for.. plus the draft pick just sweetens the deal some.

:hlogo:

Jay Bowmiester could be the best defencemen in NHL in a few years

Nathan Horton Could be one of the premier power forwards in the game

and well we all know about luongo

If Mike keenan will trade them for a couple of defensive forwards and a #4 dman

Bob Gainey better get on the phone and make that deal before some other gms start to find out that Keenan has lost his mind

Jay Bowmiester could be the best defencemen in NHL in a few years

Nathan Horton Could be one of the premier power forwards in the game

and well we all know about luongo

If Mike keenan will trade them for a couple of defensive forwards and a #4 dman

Bob Gainey better get on the phone and make that deal before some other gms start to find out that Keenan has lost his mind

Thanks brboo

YEah trade a bunch of losers for a power forward who has more goals combined then the players named in the trade and is only 20 with great potential, a future #1 defensman who's played wiht the best in the world and a #1 French Canadian goalie...Yeah I think not.

I can't believe you can even consider this? And the 3rd round pick sweetens the deal? AAHAHHAHAHA

Even if you added a 1st round top 5 pick, this deal doesn't make any sense

I tought Kovalev was for 2 or 3 years. Good thing is will be around 3 more years.

Ribeiro but not Koivu? I can imagine Koivu returning to Finland. And I alo think that a first line franshise player could replace him.

Will Koivu stick around if he is a 4th liner? Will he be effective as a 4th liner?

I believe the answer to both questions is an emphatic no!

As for the future yes it may be bright but I have been hearing that forever in Montreal. For 7 or 8 years the Habs and Habs fans alike have all said 2 or 3 years and we will be a contender. You can never tell how prospects will turn out, I guess all we have the power to do is hope and pray to the Habs gods that at least a few will at least meet expectations.

How can you say that no other in the league can match Koivu's heart and then say he'd ditch us if he was made a 4th liner?

Koivu is currently a good (not great) player. We are talking in 3 years. I think using him on special teams and as a 4th liner is enough icetime for someone of his skills. On the bench he can be like another coach. If we give Koivu first or second line duty in 3 years then we'll be hurting the development of some of our kids. Plekanec will be much better than him and if we won't be competitive unless we find a top line center (use guys like Theodore, Bonk, Ribeiro, Zednik, Bulis, Rivet, Huet and Sundstrom as trade bait for Mr and Mrs X) which will mean Koivu will be demoted to a checking line. Chipchura will be getting set to be our next captain by that point and will begin shaping up as our rock solid third line center. I don't think you can say that Koivu can be fit into any of our top 3 lines (and definitely not our top 2) and that if you want 33 year-old Koivu to get more icetime than you'd have to trade someone like Plekanec, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn or Latendresse. It would be a horrible mistake to part with any of them.

I do not feel I am contradicting myself. Koivu would maybe stay with this team in a 4th line role if the Habs became a powerhouse and were a favourite for the cup but if they are young and still developing with these young players who will still be young in 3 or 4 years then Koivu will want to contend for the cup.

Thanks brboo

YEah trade a bunch of losers for a power forward who has more goals combined then the players named in the trade and is only 20 with great potential, a future #1 defensman who's played wiht the best in the world and a #1 French Canadian goalie...Yeah I think not.

I can't believe you can even consider this? And the 3rd round pick sweetens the deal? AAHAHHAHAHA

Even if you added a 1st round top 5 pick, this deal doesn't make any sense

I dunno,... did u also forget that i had Theo as part of the trade? And theres no need for the laughing, i already knew that id get responses like these or i wouldnt have said it in the first post.

GP G A PTS PIM

Sergei Kostitsyn- London Knights OHL 40 20 38 58 46

Maxime Lapierre- Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 44 7 13 20 67

Jaroslav Halak- ECHL 5-2-1 0.939% 1.74gaa

Yann Danis 2006 AHL allstar

Kyle Chipchura P.A Raiders - WHL 36 13 21 34 45

Sergai Kostitsyn is going to be a 20+goal scorer guarenteed in the future, but hes way to young and inexperienced, so he wont make the habs for another 1-2 seasons. His older brother is a good player with great vision for the game. My boy Tomas Plekanec is going to be a solid 2nd-3rd line centermen for the habs in the future which will help them. Koivu we cant talk about just yet seeing as he hasnt signed, but talks are underway, and he is a leader on and off the ice and loves montreal and playing with Kovy, so he'll sign and stay on the top line. I cant see Sundstrom returning to the habs, seeing as we have way to many up and commers. Locke deserves a chance to make the team seeing as he works harder than Santa Claus on christmas eve game in and game out. Chipchura is going to be a great asset for the habs with his great leadership and strong play up the middle. Our goaltending situation is solid for the next while, Price-Danis-Huet-Lacek-Heino-Lindberg are all solid goalies, so if the habs end up trading Theo, we have younguns' who can step it up. Price is having a brutal year, but hes playing on a team with no defencemen. Boullion will lead the team over the next few years and will get the A soon enough with his leadership. I hope Murray stays because hes a future Steve Begin, with a little better stick work. Maxime Lapierre is a 6'2 center whos ready for the big league and has proved it with his play with Hamilton this year. Defence wise the habs are big for the future. Cote-Archer-O'Bryne are all big boys that will step up the much needed strenght of the habs defence.

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev

Locke-Plekanec-Ryder

Latendresse-Higgins-Bulis

Murray-Begin-Chipchura

Markov-Komisarek

Dandenault-Benoit

Bouillon-Streit?

Danis/Price

Halak

Trade#2

To Panthers: Niklas Sundstum / Radek Bonk / Francis Bouillon / Jose Theodore / 3rd Round Pick

To Habs: Nathan Horton / Jay Bouwmeester / Roberto Luongo

:king:

Why nuts? Bonk and Sundstrum are considered to be good defensive forwards... Bouillon is in my mind a #4 Dman and Theo is a goaltender that some teams are willing to trade 3 or 4 players for.. plus the draft pick just sweetens the deal some.

:hlogo:

The last thing that team needs is defensive forwards. Right now they need some franchise players to build around...*checks*...Ah yes, they appear to be Horton, Bouwmeester, Olesz and Luongo. Why would Keenan trade the entire future of his franchise for a couple aging defensive forwards, a medicore aging defenseman and a struggling goalie?

It just makes Florida older with no real direction at all. Keenan might as just hand his pink slip in after he announces this trade. Obviously it would look good for a Habs fan but the funny thing is trades have to work two ways. And holy crap, Florida gets immensely worse here. Might as well move to another city while they're at it.

If Theodore is worth 4 guys, you're gonne get a decent 2nd line player, a back-up goalie and a couple crap prospects. His market value is totally shot at this point.

I don't like really speculating as to the future Habs. You're just asking for disappointment that way. Players get traded, some are cut, some just plain never make it, and sometimes the guys you least hear of make it. Case in point? Hull Olympique Michael Ryder.

And as for guys never making it or just getting a ticket outta town, the long list includes such "notables" as Hossa, Hainsey, Ward, Chouinard and so forth..

@ch_nl:

Kovalev was signed this past summer for 4 years. And why Ribeiro but not Koivu?

And Ziggy Palffy signed for how many years? 3?

You never know till it happens/

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev

Locke-Plekanec-Ryder

Latendresse-Higgins-Bulis

Murray-Begin-Chipchura

Markov-Komisarek

Dandenault-Benoit

Bouillon-Streit?

Danis/Price

Halak

:king:

I really hope Dandenault does not have a future with the Habs. He has been brutally soft in D zone coverage and has not improved as the season has gone along. I know it's really easy to sit back and criticise someone's take at the future team but if you look at the first 9 players which of those guys is going to hit anybody on the ice save Koivu.

And Ziggy Palffy signed for how many years? 3?

You never know till it happens/

He asked how many years Kovalev was signed for and then I said 4. I can see the connection between our "conversation and your post. :wacko: