Crosby Made Captain?

BTH

I believe that's what the boys on TSN said. Stupid choice, IMO. Assisstant captain is bad enough for a rookie. If it'd true than Crosby will probably break Yzerman's record for the longest captaincy with the same team in history.

I was always a big Recchi fan, but I recently read some stuff about him, and now I don't know what to think. It was written by a guy from the Pittsburgh area. He says that Recchi has been a real ass this season. Says that he often bitches to coaches about the rookies, even though it is the rookies who carry the team. He went so far as to suggest Crosby was given the "A" to prove a point to some of the veterans, namely Recchi.

I don't have a link, and I have no idea how credible the guy is.

Either way, Crosby obviously does not deserve even the A yet.

i dont think an 18 year old rookie is going to have credibility to tell 15year vets how to play this game. the A was a stupid move and the C would be even dumber. Mind you therrien is proving not to be so smart so who knows

I can't see them doing that and frankly it would be doing Crosby a disservice, he doesn't need any more pressure on him than he has now especially with Mario retiring. As it is they expect this 18 yr old to carry the team on his back and that's really too much for a kid his age. Recchi is the guy who should get the "C"

Edited by olematelot

It was announced last night that in a tribute to Mariovnobody will wear the "C" the rest of this season.

That's interesting, the same thing happened here in Montréal with Koivu. Both times Michel Therrien as head coach.

Edited by mathieu30

Therrien's a smart guy when it comes to motivating players. Some players respond well to passion. Some obviously don't.

I don't know about what the vets in Pittsburgh have been doing. A citizen article recently said guys like Odelein and LeClair weren't sticking up for Crosby when he was being beat up because they resented his assistant captaincy. Jealously rears its ugly head as usual.

Dissapointing when you have a team with some great vet's and leaders, and you give the C to Crosby. Yeah i like the kid and thinks hes amazing, but if Peter Forsberg, one of the nicest people in the world says that crosby talks alotta trash and is a punk on the ice, then i dont see him being much of a captain. Leaders are feisty, but Crosby is a rookie and doesnt know the NHL as well as big John and Rechs. I think Pittsburgs putting even more pressure on the kid and needs to give him some space to watch and learn...