habs vs sabres

prabby

1st period over 1-0 habs

goal by hossa assisted by souray and ribero!

theo is rocking tonight!!!!!!! if it wasnt for him it would be like 5-1 now!!!!!!!

shots: 14-7 for buffalo!!!

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

First, the goals so far:

1) MON Hossa (Souray, Ribeiro) 13:32 (1st)

2) BUF Brown (Tallinder, Zhitnik) :40 (2nd)

3) MON Souray (Hossa, Zednik) 16:33 (2nd)

4) MON Brisebois (Ryder, Bulis) PP 10:55 (3rd)

Now, the lines:

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Bulis-Perreault-Ryder

Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell

Dwyer-Ward-Ferland

Souray-Rivet

Markov-Komisarek

Bouillon-Brisebois

Theodore

Damphousse

EDIT: Updating scoring summary...

[Edited on 2003/9/28 by dlbalr]

Souray killed (not literally) Dumont with a hit from behind (crosscheck) , Dumont on ice for awhile... Then got up and was very wobbly...

Then Pyatt tried to defend Dumont and Souray gave him a few punches :)

Hope Souray doesnt get suspended for the hit.

oh... Habs win 3-1 ...

3 STARS

1)Ribeiro

2)Theodore

3)Brisebois

Where is Souray?!!! He got 2 points! And was physical.

[Edited on 2003-9-28 by puck7x]

Souray got a 2, a 5 and a game misconduct.

But since the league is reviewing it (and it's only preseason), he should get off lightly.

Remember, he was hit from behind as he hit Dumont, which altered the hit to become a hit to the head (potential concusion).

Oh well, Habs won, now I'm unhappy.

I was hoping for a perfect preseason - winless.

But one can't be picky.

Wow , did you hear Gainey after the game?

When asked about the fans who boo'ed Brisebois : "We dont want those people at the game , we dont need those people at those game. Those people are jealous , and sad"

Media is going to have fun with this , some fans wont like his comments too.

Personally I give a big :/) to Gainey! YOU TELL THOSE PRICK FANS!

I'm sick of all this "we paid a crapload of money to get tickets , we have the right to boo" BS ... Well , some people pay alot of money for tickets to the ballet , are they allowed to boo the performers? Nope , they'll be asked to leave.

Originally posted by puck7x

3 STARS

1)Ribeiro

2)Theodore

3)Brisebois

Where is Souray?!!! He got 2 points! And was physical.

My thoughts exactly... the stars were crap tonight.

Ribeiro did well, and I'm a fan of his, but he wasn't the first star tonight. He did do very well tonight, 3rd star is between him & Hossa.

Souray was the first star without question, Theo did save our asses with some fine goltending, and then Hossa finally had a good game and had 2 points... which should have been recognized.

I think the media picking the stars have their own agenda... only francophones chosen, boosting Ribs to shame the Habs into giving him a shot (which I don't mind) and a sympathy vote for Breezer because of the unfair booing, he played well but no star.

Still the good news is we had more players who did well than we had stars to give out... that's why we won and that needs to continue.

I really like Souray's comeback so far, maybe he can inspire Rivet to come back from the dead.

And will Komisarek make the team?... With the kind of tight defensive games we can't afford many miscues like he tends to make a little too often. That will cost us a lot of 1 goal games. (yeah I know, can't be worse than the mistakes our vets make all the time... it just happen the Habs tend to be a lot more understanding about it with the vets)

With us already having 3 vets at right D, the question has to be asked... although I know 99% of fans will revolt at the mere suggestion he could use more time in Hamilton. Just asking.. ;)

I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, just heard, so I'll refrain any judgement until the season starts.

I rather he stayed, but I suspect he might be sent down until the Breezer situation is resolved.

[Edited on 28-9-03 by Habs77]

Originally posted by puck7x

Wow , did you hear Gainey after the game?

When asked about the fans who boo'ed Brisebois : "We dont want those people at the game , we dont need those people at those game. Those people are jealous , and sad"  

Media is going to have fun with this , some fans wont like his comments too.

A lot of us don't like Breezer, ok maybe all of us ;) , but this senseless booing is just so stupid.

Gainey is right on, so refreshing to have a guy like that tell it like it is. My god is that good to see.

Boivin will be pissing in his pants right about now trying to spin this... what a twit.

Those fans ARE morons...

Gainey's exact words were... "those fans are gutless bastards", he called them "yellow" & "jealous". He asked them to stand up and stop hiding like cowards amongst he crowd.

He said they didn't need those fans, didn't want them to buy any more tickets.

Amazing, I love Gainey so much right now he could trade Theo for Cujo tomorrow and I'd still like him.

:king: