Hockey Trivia

BTH

Ah! Norstrom is so close! I have no idea who this can be though. I have a feeling that he was a Devil for some reason.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! Norstrom is so close! I have no idea who this can be though. I have a feeling that he was a Devil for some reason.

Nope the answer to part 2 was never a devil.

Time for another hint: Although this guy was never a habs, among the 5 teams he played for are the two

most hated current habs rivals. In fact the 2 goals that book-ended his streak were scored with these 2 hated teams.

Also this guy too was traded at one time in a deal with an ex-habs defenceman going the other way.

Edited by Peter Puck

Okay, time for another assist (so to speak). As I said, the guy who is the answer to part 2 played for 5 teams. I already said that Toronto and Boston were 2 of these teams. The others were: Anaheim, the Islanders and the Kings.

Ken Baumgartner.

YES!!!

Most consecutive games without a goal: Ken Baumgartner 238 games (between 95-96 and 98-99). In 95-96 he was a Leaf. He was traded to the Ducks and after the 97-98 season signed as a free agent with the Bruins.

He also achieved the impressive feat of playing 93 straight games (between November of 1991 and April of 1993) without scoring a single point. I am unsure whether this is a record. It's hard to imagine anyone beating it.

Over his career he had 14 goals, 43 assists, 747 games giving 0.076 pts/game.

On Jan 30, 1986 he was traded from Buffalo with Sean McKenna and Larry Playfair to Los Angeles for Doug Smith and ex-habs defenceman Brian Engblom.

Mont Royale's turn to pose a question.

YES!!!

Most consecutive games without a goal: Ken Baumgartner 238 games (between 95-96 and 98-99). In 95-96 he was a Leaf. He was traded to the Ducks and after the 97-98 season signed as a free agent with the Bruins.

He also achieved the impressive feat of playing 93 straight games (between November of 1991 and April of 1993) without scoring a single point. I am unsure whether this is a record. It's hard to imagine anyone beating it.

Over his career he had 14 goals, 43 assists, 747 games giving 0.076 pts/game.

On Jan 30, 1986 he was traded from Buffalo with Sean McKenna and Larry Playfair to Los Angeles for Doug Smith and ex-habs defenceman Brian Engblom.

Mont Royale's turn to pose a question.

You should have stated that playoff games included- anyways rob zettler had a worse goal per game average- he had 5 goals in 583 games for a .008 average

You should have stated that playoff games included- anyways rob zettler had a worse goal per game average- he had 5 goals in 583 games for a .008 average

I think I was pretty clear. I said "record for consecutive games". Also when Kozed suggested Daneyko I pointed out he scored in the playoffs to snap his streak. When marky_and_komi suggested Darren Langdon he also pointed out that Langdon had scored in the playoffs.

As for Zettler, he had 5 goals and 65 assists in 583 games for a 0.12 pts per game average which is better than most of the guys who were suggested. His goals per game average of 0.0086 is also not as bad as these four other guys who were discussed:

Halsko: 0 (159 games)

Komisarek: 0 (118 games now)

Gordie Dwyer: 0 (108 games)

Brad Brown: 2 in 341 games = 0.0059

Edited by Peter Puck

nobody...it never happened

Incorrect.

Remember we're talking penalty shots, not the shootout.

Bonus question: who was the last habs to attempt a penalty shot vs. the Leafs (it is somewhat more recent than the answer to the original question, as it was unsuccessful... although neither one is recent).

Edited by Mont Royale

yvan cournoyer missed dec 20th 1973 against ed giacomin

still looking for the 1st par t of your question

Edited by marky_and_komi

Okay I'm going to guess:

successful shot by Lafleur.

miss by Oleg Petrov.

Nice try!

yvan cournoyer missed dec 20th 1973 against ed giacomin

still looking for the 1st par t of your question

Giacomin played for the Rangers in '73. He never played for the Leafs. But, I'll give it to you, because Cournoyer is the correct answer! The Roadrunner tried but failed to beat Johnny Bower on Mar. 24, 1965.

The last (and only) successful penalty shot by a habs against the Leafs pre-dates this.

You are correct, sir!

The Rocket scored on good ol' Turk Broda (remember him?) in Montreal on January 19, 1950.

Your go.

in the habs media guide, it says the richard has failed to score...in the two editions that i have, it says the same thing

Edited by marky_and_komi

I think I was pretty clear. I said "record for consecutive games". Also when Kozed suggested Daneyko I pointed out he scored in the playoffs to snap his streak. When marky_and_komi suggested Darren Langdon he also pointed out that Langdon had scored in the playoffs.

As for Zettler, he had 5 goals and 65 assists in 583 games for a 0.12 pts per game average which is better than most of the guys who were suggested. His goals per game average of 0.0086 is also not as bad as these four other guys who were discussed:

Halsko: 0 (159 games)

Komisarek: 0 (118 games now)

Gordie Dwyer: 0 (108 games)

Brad Brown: 2 in 341 games = 0.0059

but over 500 games which is more like a career zettler is numero uno

so who's asking next???

Edited by Strummerman

I looked in my media guide as well and it does in fact say unsuccessful.

But anyways I will ask a question.

How many Hat Tricks did bob Gainey score??

Edited by JMMR