Hockey Trivia

BTH

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether your source is correct, or mine (it was before my time), but just for the record, I do have a source. Link

when they shows cournoyer,s penalty shot, they say: unsuccessful....I guess It was as a maple leafs point of view.

when they shows cournoyer,s penalty shot, they say: unsuccessful....I guess It was as a maple leafs point of view.

well i remember that penalty shot I saw it live on tv- it was embarassing Cournoyer had few shifts with Toe Blake anyways he goes in on Bower and shoots and Bower lifts his catching glove like he was picking cherries and in a blase manner catches it -like look kid you gotta do better than that

I looked in my media guide as well and it does in fact say unsuccessful.

But anyways I will ask a question.

How many Hat Tricks did bob Gainey score??

February 27, 1988: Captain Bob Gainey nets the lone hat trick of his 15-year NHL career to lead the Canadiens to a 6-0 win over Winnipeg at the Forum. Brian Hayward collects his fourth career shutout.

As i said he only got one

Next question:

Canada plays Italy on Wednesday(men). Italy tied Canada once- Who was the goalie for Italy?-

Which hall of famers played for Canada- 5 will do

who were the 5 future hall of famers playing for canada

Well that's just guess and opinions. I would say that:

Brodeur

Thornton

Iginla

Nash

Sakic

Lecavalier

Luongo

Heatley

are guys that have a pretty legitimate shot at the Hall of Fame. That makes 8 but like I said, there's no right or wrong answer (unil we find out in 40 years).

Well that's just guess and opinions. I would say that:

Brodeur

Thornton

Iginla

Nash

Sakic

Lecavalier

Luongo

Heatley

are guys that have a pretty legitimate shot at the Hall of Fame. That makes 8 but like I said, there's no right or wrong answer (unil we find out in 40 years).

boy bulis my question was who played in nets for Italy when they tied Canada. In the game for Canada were at least 5 future hall of famers- Who were they? This happened a long time ago- They are now now in the Hall

Was this game even during the olympics?

We've played them 3 times (well, the fourth time just ended). 1948, 1956 and 1994. 1994 has no HOF's and the 1956 game wasn't a tie. 1948 was when we almost skipped the games and sent a bunch of scrubbers to St.Moritz so I can't see any of them being in the HOF either.

Was this game even during the olympics?

We've played them 3 times (well, the fourth time just ended). 1948, 1956 and 1994. 1994 has no HOF's and the 1956 game wasn't a tie. 1948 was when we almost skipped the games and sent a bunch of scrubbers to St.Moritz so I can't see any of them being in the HOF either.

No I was talking about the World Championships and no it was not in the 20's

Edited by Strummerman

boy bulis my question was who played in nets for Italy when they tied Canada. In the game for Canada were at least 5 future hall of famers- Who were they? This happened a long time ago- They are now now in the Hall

Oh.. I thought you meant who ARE the 5 future hall of famers playing for Canada. :)

I have no chance on this question so I'll let someone else answer it.

Hint time- The goalie for Italy was a star with the Concordia Stingers and had a stint with the Nordiques.

As for the future hall of famers for Canada- two are now general managers in the NHL- one is a coach in the NHL and the other two were centers and captain of their teams for many years and all of them are legends and superstars

Edited by Strummerman

guy lafleur maybe?

bobby orr?

o\Orr stopped playing in 1978- nah Lafleur wasnt there, anyways I'm looking for 2 famous centers both won Canada Cups for Canada and were involved in the Cup winning goal.

I think Orr had retired by then.

It's a center we're looking for otherwise I'd say Bourque.

I want a center one of two hall of famers- just found out one has a rock band named after him

o\Orr stopped playing in 1978- nah Lafleur wasnt there, anyways I'm looking for 2 famous centers both won Canada Cups for Canada and were involved in the Cup winning goal.

Daryl Sitler? I think he was retired by then.

Mario Lemieux?

Edited by Peter Puck