Sept. 29th - Montreal @ Toronto

Westcoasthabsfan

Originally posted by Westcoasthabsfan

any predictions on this one?

Dunno , since not sure what rosters we'll see (from both sides) , but I'm thinking that after our GREAT performance on Saturday and Gaineys inspirational (I consider them to be that) post-game comments , we'll come out strong and get a win.

im gonna say 4-1 habs!

Since im gonna see this one on tv, Souray, Ryder, Ribeiro and Theo better be in the lineup, they're the guys im lookin forward to seein most!

It seems like forever since the habs have released anyone.

Are they soon gonna make the next cuts?

:ghg:

Originally posted by Bonavistaman11

im gonna say 4-1 habs!  

Since im gonna see this one on tv, Souray, Ryder, Ribeiro and Theo better be in the lineup, they're the guys im lookin forward to seein most!  

It seems like forever since the habs have released anyone.

Are they soon gonna make the next cuts?

After Tuesdays game CJ will make cuts , he wanted to keep a BIG roster for the 4 games in 5 nights deal , but after Tuesday we should see some cuts.

Players left at Camp:

Goalies: Theo, Garon, Damphousse

D: Quintal, Komi, Hainsey, Dykhuis, Souray, Breezer, Bouillon, Rivet, Traverse, Markov.

Forward:Higgins, Perreault, Carpentier, Koivu, Ward, Zednik, Dackell, Kilger, Dagenais, Blouin, Dwyer, Plekanec, Sundstrom, Bulis, Perezhogin, Juneau, Gratton, Ribeiro, Ryder, Hossa, Audette, Ferland.

I think thats it.

Obviously Damphousse will be cut, and as for forwards i'd say Carpentier, Dagenais, Ferland, Perezhogin, Plekanec, and Gratton are gonna be cut for sure. As for the rest of the guys they'll have to fight it out.

On D, Souray, Quintal, Rivet, Markov, and Breezer (as long as he's ll around) are gonna be playing so that leaves one spot open. Komi will probably get the position, and Dykhuis will stick around as the 7th.

I cant see them keeping Hainsey up as the 7th d-man, theyd rather for him to be playing.

First, here's the goal summary:

1) TOR Nieuwendyk (Colaiacovo) 13:20 PPG (1st)

2) TOR Domi (Stajan, Belak) 14:41 (2nd)

3) TOR Stajan (Colaiacovo) 10:41 (3rd)

4) MON Plekanic (Dagenais, Perezhogin) 18:00 (3rd)

Now, the lineup for tonight's game:

Dagenais-Perreault-Audette

Hossa-Plekanic-Perezhogin

Ryder-Juneau-Ward

Carpentier-Higgins-Ferland

Traverse-Brisebois

Dykhuis-Hainsey

Bouillon-Komisarek

Garon

Damphousse

Like the last game, I'll edit this post to show the scoring summary.

FINAL SCORE: 3-1 Toronto

3 STARS:

1) Belfour

2) Stajan

3) Perrott

EDIT: Editing scoring summary

[Edited on 2003/9/30 by dlbalr]

Habs lose 3-1 ...

Player of the game for the habs was forsure Tomas Plekanec (and he scored our lone goal) , he was one of the only habs to do ANYTHING tonight , he was always being creative , always moving around... much like the inter-squad scrimmages he carried his line (With Perezhogin on it again) , ... M.Garon was also pretty good , If Damphousse or someone else was in nets we would of lost 6-0 or more...

Oh well , just exhibition... We iced a really poor lineup tonight (No Zed , Bulis , Markov , Ribeiro , Theodore , injured-koivu , Souray , Rivet , etc)

With a roster 2/3 full of rookies, what can you expect?

Garon played well (missed the 3rd goal).

1st was a deflection, 2nd was a crease scramble, neither really his fault.

Sounds like Theodore's game a few days ago.

We scored with less than 2 minutes remaining. Plekanec from Dagenais.

2nd goal - Domi from Stajan

3rd Goal - Stajan from Colaiacovo

Three Stars:

3 - TOR - Nathan Perrott

2 - TOR - Matt Stajan (sp?)

1 - TOR - Ed Belfour

"What do you mean, biased?" - Toronto Radio Station

SOG - 35-25 for Toronto

CJAD's Mover-and-Shaker of the game was Benjamin Charpentier. Good fight, crashing the crease, smart plays when playing.

BTW, this is the first game we've lost by more than 1 goal.

EVERYONE, except for Plekanec and Garon sucked!

This game was bad to watch. The Habs lienup was full of Rookies and in my my mind neither proved that they should stick. But anyway i guess they just all had a bad game.

Carpentier got pound, typical habs tough guy..

We need an enforcer bad.. Souray is the tough guy now but i wouldnt want to see him fight often, cant afford to lose him to another injury.

The offense if also looking bad, our leading scorer has three points. (Ryder and Ribs)

All the sports shows like TQS & Pulse news were saying after the game about how the Habs might be worse than even they expected... citing tonight's result.

What a bunch of idiots, at least TSN got it right... tonight's lineup was more like the Hamilton Bulldogs than the Montreal Canadiens.

I swear, the standard isn't very high to apply for sports analyst job... it's not even funny.

P.S.

- On the replay of the 2nd goal, looked to me like Hossa didn't try hard enough to prevent Domi from getting to the puck.

- Komi looked bad once again, so I repeat the question... will he be in Hamilton any time soon?

I wonder.

- Plekanec can play, if the Habs shy away from him because of his size... he's at least making himself a more valuable commodity on the trading market.