We Have A New Game

Habsterr

I am sick and tired of all the berating of Gainey.

ENOUGH. Give him and the Habs a break.

We have a NEW NHL. A NEW game. Gainey and all the other GMs had to take educated guesses as to how the NEW game would be played.

He took his shot and missed. Give him credit for that. Fergie Jr. did nothing in Toronto. At least Gainey tried. You all wanted that.

He will regroup and rework the Habs into a very competitive team, now that he sees and knows what the NEW NHL is all about.

Be patient. You'll be happy you did.

Another part the GMs had to guess at was factoring in the year off from the NHL. Some players played, other did not while still others played but in lousy leagues.

So, in the end, between the new NHL and the year off....Lots of guess work and a

CRAP SHOOT.

No wonder a team like Carolina comes out of nowhere to be a top team.

Again, at least Gainey roled the dice. He will adjust and correct now that things have settled and will have the Habs very competitive in time.

Edited by Habsterr

We have a NEW NHL. A NEW game. Gainey and all the other GMs had to take educated guesses as to how the NEW game would be played.

He took his shot and missed. Give him credit for that. Fergie Jr. did nothing in Toronto. At least Gainey tried. You all wanted that.

He will regroup and rework the Habs into a very competitive team, now that he sees and knows what the NEW NHL is all about.

Well put.

It is something most don't think about [the new NHL] but it has a huge impact on the game and team ranks.

Carolina [who is overacheiving in my books] was drafting at 3rd overall, and now they are the best team in the NHL?

That is huge!

umm... fergeson made some moves during the UFA period (however misguided)...

czerk, allison, lindros, etc...

wow one victory in a row and gainey is god again- actually the habs started playing like they did under Julien in the third epriod and voila they they out played the Bruins- they were god awful the first 2 periods

Except they all suck. Ferguson is a bad GM. Was it him that made the Nolan trade?

Either way he resigned Belfour to a huge 2-year contract. Then he signed the brain-damaged duo of Lindros and Allison. He re-signed Belak! Belak played for Coventry during the lockout but he wasn't wanted back because he din't play up to expectations. He didn't make it in a beer league and the Leafs'll take him! I think he resigned Berg too. Czerkawski, like Belak, was benched during the lockout playing in Europe. Ken Klee was never great but with the new rules he's been struggling. Gainey went for Dandy because he's a rocket. JFJ went after a slowfooted depth guy. Atleast Gainey's move had some sense behind it (not to mention that the struggling Dandy can play forward). Let's see now, Khavanov? Another bottom pairing guy. Instead of signing these guys, they should have given Colaiacovo some icetime. Oh yeah - signing Domi for 1.2M for 2 years. Even Leaf fans hate this guy now.

wow one victory in a row and gainey is god again- actually the habs started playing like they did under Julien in the third epriod and voila they they out played the Bruins- they were god awful the first 2 periods

Sorry Strummerman but I wrote this Saturday before the game. I don't jump off and on the bandwagon

Edited by Habsterr

I think with the great play of JP Cote, Dandy should become a forward for a bit.. just to see how it works out for the team and all...

:hlogo:

First, the post didnt say BG was god. It merely stated that so-called fans should tone down the anti-gainey hysteria that seems to be growing here. Second, this post was made BEFORE the second Bruins game and so could not have been a knee-jerk reaction to the win

Forgot to add....

Another part the GMs had to guess at was factoring in the year off from the NHL. Some players played, other did not while still others played but in lousy leagues.

Lots of guess work this year and in the end a

CRAP SHOOT.

No wonder a team like Carolina comes out of nowhere to be a top team.

Again, at least Gainey roled the dice. He will adjust and correct now that things have settled and will have the Habs very competitive in time.

Edited by Habsterr

I agree 1000% all of the moves that Bob made were good "AT THE TIME" I think it was Dolly Parton who put it best I never made a desion that I thoiught was wrong. All decisions are made on the basis of the facts we have at hand. Be patient BOB is not a loser he never has been and he never will be. We are fortunate to have him. And hey at least we can beat Boston and the leafs We will have to wait fot the next cup BUT it is coming...

Edited by habs rule

I think with the great play of JP Cote, Dandy should become a forward for a bit.. just to see how it works out for the team and all...

:hlogo:

All for keeping Cote in there and the 6-7 dman possibility!

I like Cote but I think it is a huge mistake to pair him with Komisarek. Komi needs to be paired with rivet or Markov. The kid needs to learn and he will learn very slow playing with another kid that needs to learn. Even if they play well together.

With the right partner, Komi will grow into a beast.

umm... fergeson made some moves during the UFA period (however misguided)...

czerk, allison, lindros, etc...

My point was Gainey's moves had a purpose in terms of how he thought the team should be made up for the New NHL.

Fergies moves were staus quo moves at best. Older players who just replaced other older guys who had moved on. Not really much of a shot at the New game

Edited by Habsterr