Hainsey and Komisarek to end up in the AHL

Habby1197

Just watching RDS... Demers says that the opening night D will look like this.

Bouillion-Brisebois

Souray-Quintal

Markov-Rivet

Komisarek will be sitting that night or might already be in the AHL...

Expect Traverse or Dykhuis to be back as the 7th D-man if one isn't claimed...

Originally posted by Habby1197

Bouillion-Brisebois

Souray-Quintal

Markov-Rivet

I dunno if I beleive it. I think CJ was just using those pairings in practice because it made sense from a LD/RD standpoint... He played Hainsey and Komisarek togehter because they fit , and he let Quintal be the RD with Souray the LD...

I cant see Bouillon making this team , he hasnt done much since camp began , and I would NOT say he has been better then Hainsey and Komisarek.

Bouillion-Brisebois

Souray-Quintal

Markov-Rivet

No way.

Markov is the teams #1

Markov Rivet

Bouillon Brisebois

Souray Quintal

That sucks Souray and Quintal are so slow it's not even funny, they are tough and somewhat physical, but speedy players will make them look bad if the league continues to crack down on obstrucion.

I hope this is not true because it would be ridicoulus. Looking at this years roster I cant see us finishing even in the top 25

look at our freaking lines for gods sakes(injuries):

Marcel Hossa -- Mike Ribeiro -- Donald Audette

Jan Bulis -- Yanic Perreault -- Michael Ryder

Niklas Sundstrom -- Joé Juneau -- Andreas Dackell

Grdie Dwyer -- Chris Higgins -- Jason Ward

How the hell are we supposed to win, were even weaker then last year and two years ago. We wont score a goal. I say play the kids, mold this team while its young, then target Ovechkin. No pain, no gain. If we do this successfully we'll be set for years because wed be full at every position.

Originally posted by montreal

Markov Rivet

Bouillon Brisebois

Souray Quintal

That sucks  Souray and Quintal are so slow it's not even funny, they are tough and somewhat physical, but speedy players will make them look bad if the league continues to crack down on obstrucion.

Maybe what Breezy's been missing is a solid D on his left side. Who knows, Souray might put a spark back in Breezy's game, and we could have a quality 2nd PP unit.

That would also work, as we could put the speedy Bouillion with Quintal, to make up for his mistakes if he pinches and screws up.

However, I'd rather Komisarek play in the AHL than be 7th D. I also remember something said by either Julien or Gainey about how Komisarek will definitely start the season in Montreal, and how he is definitely a starting defenceman.

And think about it, who would you rather have on the ice: Bouillion or Komisarek?

Bouillon may be small, but the guy has a lot of heart, he gives 110% everytime hes on the ice and even though he's smaller then almost everyone that he goes into the corner with he never backs down.

But I would still rather for komi to play. We have to face it, montreal is going nowhere this season and Bob Gainey will do little to improve the team this year. He'll likely let the Young guys like Hossa, Ribs, Ward, Ryder, komi, Hainsey and maybe even higgins later in the year play a lot and see how they develop and see what he has for next year.

When the Collective Bargenning Agreement is finally settled Gainey will go to work and Start the new Era of Montreal Canadiens Hockey.

:hlogo:

:ghg:

Montreal... I was just listing the D pairings... not in any order. I think I know Markov is our #1 d-man.

Well you listed the opening night lineup, which I implied to be the opening night roster line for line.

Originally posted by puck7x

I cant see Bouillon making this team , he hasnt done much since camp began , and I would NOT say he has been better then Hainsey and Komisarek.

Well I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, but from what I've heard Bouillon has indeed been better then Hainsey & Komisarek.

Just about every hockey "expert" I've heard has been saying Hainsey has been pathetic & Komisarek looks lost a lot of the time.

On the other hand, I've heard positive comments about Bouillon.

From what I've seen of all 3 in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if Bouillon made the team. I LOVE the way he can carry the puck out of the zone with his great speed, which is a crucial part of the game we've have so much problems with.

That said, he has his limitations, but can do the job on the 3rd pair... just keep him out of key situations.

I wouldn't be shocked if Komisarek & Hainsey ended up in the mimors, they've both had disappointing camps. If the team's new policy is truly to keep the players who perform best... these two don't belong here right now.

I'd favor bringing back up Dyke or Traver and sitting him in the press box while the kids got their act together in Hamilton.

I've been screaming for them to let the kids play but if they're not ready, they're not ready.

Can't wait to comment on something I've actually seen with my own two eyes... let's start the season already.

Originally posted by Habs77

Well I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, but from what I've heard Bouillon has indeed been better then Hainsey & Komisarek.

Just about every hockey "expert" I've heard has been saying Hainsey has been pathetic & Komisarek looks lost a lot of the time.

On the other hand, I've heard positive comments about Bouillon.

From watching 2 exhibition games vs the leafs I'd disagree with the "experts" , Bouillon was not better then the other two. In fact Bouillon made a few errors resulting in goals during those games , I dont know what all this crap about Hainsey is about , in another thread I hear you can his and Komisarek's camps "miserable" , and now you call him (his play) "pathetic"? , while I realize he hasnt been our best player , pathetic/miserable are STRONG words... Beleive me , if he played THAT bad he would of stood out and I would of mentioned it (from watching 2 days of practice and 2 exhibition games).

Habsaku said:

"I hope this is not true because it would be ridicoulus. Looking at this years roster I cant see us finishing even in the top 25

look at our freaking lines for gods sakes(injuries):

Marcel Hossa -- Mike Ribeiro -- Donald Audette

Jan Bulis -- Yanic Perreault -- Michael Ryder

Niklas Sundstrom -- Joé Juneau -- Andreas Dackell

Grdie Dwyer -- Chris Higgins -- Jason Ward

How the hell are we supposed to win, were even weaker then last year and two years ago. We wont score a goal. I say play the kids, mold this team while its young, then target Ovechkin. No pain, no gain. If we do this successfully we'll be set for years because wed be full at every position."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are missing Zednik and Koivu in those lines and obviously they won't miss much time, if any at all. To state that the team will not even be in the top 25 because of those lines is ridiculous. Throw our top 2 scorers back into the mix and everything changes.

I believe the top couple lines are shaping up to be:

Bulis-Koivu-Audette

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

These 2 lines seem fairly set right now. With Koivu's injury we haven't seen it play together much but from everything I've heard this seems to be the plan.

I can see the last 2 lines being:

Sundstrom-Perreault-Ward

Ryder-Juneau-Dackell

I think Perreault needs a good playmaker and defensive guy on the wing. Sundstrom is very capable of both of those things. Ward brings some grit and skill to the line.

When Kilger comes back he takes over Ryders spot...or if Juneau/Dackell is traded the line can be shuffled with Kilger sliding in at C or LW and Ryder can play RW if Dackells gone.

Our D for the season(barring any trades) will probably be:

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Brisebois

Bouillon-Quintal(obviously this pairing could suffer the most changes if Hainsey or Komi proves they belong)

A Brisebois trade will immediately open the door for Komisarek...so I don't see Brisebois moved unless Komi is ready to step in and play with a lot of minutes. I believe our defense is a very big weak link in our game. Our forwards don't help much and our d-men are more workman-like than anything(Markov is the only exception)

There is no reason to rush Komisarek, Hainsey, Higgins, Perezhogin or Plekanec right now. Ward, Hossa and Ryder are all essentially rookies so they should be given their shot now. All 3 of them have spent a lot of time in the AHL too so they need to be given a shot now. All 3 of them have proven they've earned it as well. Combine to that Ribeiro is still relatively inexperienced, especially as a 2nd line player, and we have enough rookies on the squad.

Originally posted by Zowpeb

)

A Brisebois trade will immediately open the door for Komisarek...so I don't see Brisebois moved unless Komi is ready to step in and play with a lot of minutes.  I believe our defense is a very big weak link in our game.  Our forwards don't help much and our d-men are more workman-like than anything(Markov is the only exception)

What are you talking about , Markov the only exception? What? What about Souray? He's been an absolute animal since camp started , looked great in the inter-squad scrimmgages , looked good in pracitce , and looked great in exhibition , playing with a real edge to his game...

What does this guy have to do to prove his worth? I know Souray has always had the "pussy" label on him , but he doesnt deserve it anymore.

Originally posted by Zowpeb

)

A Brisebois trade will immediately open the door for Komisarek...so I don't see Brisebois moved unless Komi is ready to step in and play with a lot of minutes.  I believe our defense is a very big weak link in our game.  Our forwards don't help much and our d-men are more workman-like than anything(Markov is the only exception)

What are you talking about , Markov the only exception? What? What about Souray? He's been an absolute animal since camp started , looked great in the inter-squad scrimmgages , looked good in pracitce , and looked great in exhibition , playing with a real edge to his game...

What does this guy have to do to prove his worth? I know Souray has always had the "pussy" label on him , but he doesnt deserve it anymore.

My problem with Souray is that he's slow, doesn't clear the crease at times, and could be more phyiscall. Plus his shot isn't accurate.

But who knows what the "new" Souray will do, cause he's been out of action for a long time. Perhaps he will play a more physical game now that his injuries are behind him, or he may have a lot of rust to shake off.