HWL GM Recruitment

bombTHEice

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what was it about the Draft that made Calgarys GM quit?

:hlogo:

He hasn't officially quit yet, but he claims that he sent in a picklist for the draft, yet it wasn't used. However, Revvv and the other guys say that they didn't get it.

It is possible to create your own team, it's just INCREDIBLY difficult. I doubt stream or anyone would want to do that. I've tried before with an offline league I was doing on my own, really hard. I just gave up.

Yeah, you'd have to re-program the entire game pretty much. You'd need to change the scheduling, add teams to the dropdown menus, enter more picks into the game, etc. Sounds like a big headache.

If there's enough interest and more people are willing to take on responsiblities (ie Commishes & simmers), perhaps we could open a second league?

I got a krazy idea awhile ago for 2 leagues. They would do everything around the same time, but once the playoffs are done, and 2 Stanley Cup champions are crowned. The SC champs in both leagues would face off for the HWL cup in a 7 game series.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do (programming wise...).

You'd actually have to have 2 seperate save files going, basically 2 seperate leagues. The part that makes it a bit more difficult it evening up the skill on both sides. Plus, you don't reallllly want to have the same player names on both sides either. The 2nd League I figure would look much more like a bush league, but it would be evened out and realistic like the HWL in other senses.

Anyway, just a krazy idea from teh Hippie. This probably isn't the place for it, so if it produces some discussion maybe a Mod should split it... lol.

it'd be awesome to try and add teams to the game.

unfortunately, I think the game doesn't allow that unless you're a programmer

I thought I saw a program on the fhockey website which was something like an expansion draft file. Im not sure what exactly it does and it could be nothing but certainly interesting to at least check out. If we could add expansion teams to the league it would certainly be a way for us to spread the talent level out across the league better while getting some of those people on the waiting list involved.

Just a thought....

I thought I saw a program on the fhockey website which was something like an expansion draft file. Im not sure what exactly it does and it could be nothing but certainly interesting to at least check out. If we could add expansion teams to the league it would certainly be a way for us to spread the talent level out across the league better while getting some of those people on the waiting list involved.

Just a thought....

try it and make me a report :P B)

seriously, I'd suspect that it's a "fantasy draft" program when you start a new league.

Just a thought....

Even though this is basically shooting myself in the foot, isn't the exclusive nature of the league part of it's charm?

Then again...I think we can all agree that there should be a Hamilton team. I'm just throwing out a suggestion here, but how about the Hamilton Trizzaks? B)

Even though this is basically shooting myself in the foot, isn't the exclusive nature of the league part of it's charm?

Then again...I think we can all agree that there should be a Hamilton team. I'm just throwing out a suggestion here, but how about the Hamilton Trizzaks? B)

We just finished a vote, no moving or re-naming the pro teams. :P

that you drafted.

Two Finns. Mikael Niemi, future stud d-man, at 10th OA and Miika Hollo, passer extraordinaire, at 31st OA. ^_^

what if they were the Hamilton Sniper Trizzaks?

I'd be forced to petition for the New York "Finlanders" as my official name. :king: