St. Louis Blues

Lord Chronic

Look before all you jump on me for bringing up more trade speculation, hear it out. It's ovbious changes must be made in habs Land. Everybody is screaming for a power forward and a top 2 defencemen. I honestly believe St. Louis could be the answer. The team is struggling and is quite apparent to begin a rebuilding phase. The targets...Keith Tkchuck and Eric Brewer. Now the question is what would St. Louis need in return to make this deal, and remember with theo being out it could probably work with the cap.

I would trade anybody on our roster except Koivu, Kovalev and Markov.

How does either Zed or Bulis + Komisarek or Souray+ a prospect and a first round or second round pick sound?

Maybe NOT EXACTLY the deal i would do but something along those lines. Keep in mind that although Tkchuck is vastly overpaid this year, he has a club option for 3.6 next year.

Thoughts and opinions? Would St. Louis go for something like this?

Look before all you jump on me for bringing up more trade speculation, hear it out. It's ovbious changes must be made in habs Land. Everybody is screaming for a power forward and a top 2 defencemen. I honestly believe St. Louis could be the answer. The team is struggling and is quite apparent to begin a rebuilding phase. The targets...Keith Tkchuck and Eric Brewer. Now the question is what would St. Louis need in return to make this deal, and remember with theo being out it could probably work with the cap.

How does either Zed or Bulis + Komisarek or Souray+ a prospect and a first round or second round pick sound?

Maybe NOT EXACTLY the deal i would do but something along those lines. Keep in mind that although Tkchuck is vastly overpaid this year, he has a club option for 3.6 next year.

Thoughts and opinions? Would St. Louis go for something like this?

I won't jump, but here are two facts:

1) Brewer will not move, he is Pronger's legacy

2) Tkachuk is totally repulsive. Yes he's a PF, but he's not healthy this season and earns 9M

I won't jump, but here are two facts:

1) Brewer will not move, he is Pronger's legacy

2) Tkachuk is totally repulsive. Yes he's a PF, but he's not healthy this season and earns 9M

Actually i believe it's 7.6 (i'll admit still grossly over paid) but the season's almost over and with theo out i think it's dueable. remember next year he is only 3.6 mil.

Repulsive? i guess you find bertuzzi repulsive too. Bottom line is they are big , mean , can score in bunches and are exactly what the Habs need. Tkachuk has actually been on fire as of late.

You may be right about brewer, however nobody is untouchable....ask Joe Thornton or Wayne Gretzky.

How about Barret Jackman? promising young Dman

Actually i believe it's 7.6 (i'll admit still grossly over paid) but the season's almost over and with theo out i think it's dueable. remember next year he is only 3.6 mil.

Repulsive? i guess you find bertuzzi repulsive too. Bottom line is they are big , mean , can score in bunches and are exactly what the Habs need. Tkachuk has actually been on fire as of late.

You may be right about brewer, however nobody is untouchable....ask Joe Thornton or Wayne Gretzky.

How about Barret Jackman? promising young Dman

Repulsive because of his UFA status, his multiple and weird injuries this season and because of his humongous contract.

HOWEVER, I agree that he's an awesome player... and NO! Bert is not in any way repulsive compared to Tkatchuk... just go read the list of injuries he's had this season :mellow:

How about Brewer and Jackman? Of course!! How about Ovechkin too, or Crosby, or Phaneuf... everyone can be had... :mellow: St-Louis is rebuilding and these guys are at the core of the rebuilding process. They are the wall to put in front of Schwartz and the guys who will feed the puck to Kessel or Toews.

Repulsive because of his UFA status, his multiple and weird injuries this season and because of his humongous contract.

HOWEVER, I agree that he's an awesome player... and NO! Bert is not in any way repulsive compared to Tkatchuk... just go read the list of injuries he's had this season :mellow:

How about Brewer and Jackman? Of course!! How about Ovechkin too, or Crosby, or Phaneuf... everyone can be had... :mellow: St-Louis is rebuilding and these guys are at the core of the rebuilding process. They are the wall to put in front of Schwartz and the guys who will feed the puck to Kessel or Toews.

in Theory could the Pens trade Crosby for the remainder of the season (if the Habs make the Playoffs) to the habs and then get him sent back after wards when the trade ban gets lefted? again Im just talking in theory could it be doen on paper?

i have to imagine such a trade would be invalidated. I guess you are talking about the habs officially renting crosby?

geez i happen to think that is a great idea. Old Sammy would be proud. Forward thinking.

I believe he is not a UFA untill after next year so you are looking at picking up a small portion of his salary this and paying him 3.6 mill next but the $ against the cap are the average of his contract so even though you would only pay him 3.6 I think he would actually count as approx 5 mill against the cap and he does have a no trade contract so this deal is unlikely to happen but is very interesting for talking purposes.

in Theory could the Pens trade Crosby for the remainder of the season (if the Habs make the Playoffs) to the habs and then get him sent back after wards when the trade ban gets lefted? again Im just talking in theory could it be doen on paper?

Dean McAmmond

11-Mar-03: Colorado Avalanche traded Dean McAmmond to the Calgary Flames for a 5th round selection (Mark McCutcheon) in 2003. deadline deal

01-Oct-02: Calgary Flames traded Derek Morris, Jeff Shantz and Dean McAmmond to the Colorado Avalanche for Chris Drury and Stephane Yelle.

2003-04 Calgary NHL 64 games

2002-03 Colorado NHL 41 games wasn't allowed to play for CGY after he was traded

2001-02 Calgary NHL 73 games

So maybe that "crosby fantasy" would be illegal too.

No chance of this happening.

Brewer is going no where. St. Louis will build around those three young d-men., Backman, Barret and Brewer.

And I wouldn't want Tkachuk anywhere near the Habs dressing room. Cancer, overpaid, loudmouth and quite honestly, Montreal has enough overpaid, injury prone players on there roster

Does that include the only consistent scorer on the team this season, Michael Ryder?

I'd actually be open to trading Kovalev if the deal was right.

Does that include the only consistent scorer on the team this season, Michael Ryder?

I'd actually be open to trading Kovalev if the deal was right.

My only untouchables are Markov and Koivu

along with Kids like Latendresse, Chipchura, Kosty, Price and Komi (who has the Leclair syndrome, give me lots of icetime with the right guy, and I'll be the best... let it happen with us this time!!)

I like Plek, Perez, Bulis, Rivet, Souray, Cube, Kovalev, Ryder

but I could trade any in the RIGHT DEAL (not any meaningless swap, e.g. Bulis for a Solid Dman)

I wouldn't mind trading Zed, Dandy, Bonky (although if you guys have your eyes opened, you've noticed that he's stepped up his game since his return from injury... still overpaid though), Theo, etc

I just wanna see him gone : Ribs

yeah, that's what I wanted to illustrate with the McAmmond example.

and I imagine if your an UFA at the end of this season because no trade is involved you can go back to whatever team you like! Thinking about Selanne now again! LOL

Edited by CoRvInA

No chance of this happening.

Brewer is going no where. St. Louis will build around those three young d-men., Backman, Barret and Brewer.

And I wouldn't want Tkachuk anywhere near the Habs dressing room. Cancer, overpaid, loudmouth and quite honestly, Montreal has enough overpaid, injury prone players on there roster

You know, as much as i like Ryder i would let him go for the right price/deal. Other gm's aren't stupid no one's gonna take Ribs and Bonk for marquee players. i think it's going to take giving up either Zed, Ryder or Souray to get a signifigant deal done. Like i said i really do like Ryder, but he is also horrible defensivly and not a great passer.

You know, as much as i like Ryder i would let him go for the right price/deal. Other gm's aren't stupid no one's gonna take Ribs and Bonk for marquee players. i think it's going to take giving up either Zed, Ryder or Souray to get a signifigant deal done. Like i said i really do like Ryder, but he is also horrible defensivly and not a great passer.

I don't want him passing, I want him shooting the puck. Thats what goal scorers do. And Ryder is a goal scorer. We have too many guys on this team who are not goal scorers either cause they refuse to shoot and are just to inept... Bulis, Bonk, Zednik (struggling), Begin, Ribeiro ect., ect., ect.

If the price's good for ryder he could go. other than power plays, he doesn't bring much. no grit, no speed, no D

he's a scorer, mind you a good scorer, but I wish he'd gave us more.

the way it's going, is stats will be lower than last year's.

well since he's our only potent scorer, we'd need another scorer in return or a helluva good D

I know that the initial knock on Ryder was his skating, but I think in the past year, he's really improved that. I've seen him move by defensemen without much effort. And I know he's not a power forward in the strictest sense, but he's not shy about working along the boards and in the corners, and he'll go into the corners. He could use work on the defensive side, but he's not alone in that regard. He'll never be confused with Adam Oates, but then again, I don't think they're looking for him to set up guys. They want him to shoot.