Parrish Traded?

EasternGuy

Hey guys, my regular forum is down so I thought I'd come and visit. :)

I'm a good friend of Habitforming (Godbout) for the ones who don't know me. :hlogo:

According to RDS main page, Mark Parrish has just been traded early Tuesday morning but the team is still unknown .

I have searched everywhere, even the Islanders main site and haven't seen anything, only RDS.

Question is, why did RDS get the scoop and no-one else? :huh: Is he coming to MTL?

Here is the article; click here - RDS.ca

p.s I did a typo in his name but am not sure how to change it. "two r's" in Parrish.

Edited by simonus

I would certainly have no problem with Parrish coming to Montreal (depending on who is given in exchange of course)

If the Islanders are trading in-conference then they must consider their playoff hopes nullified.

Depend on whom went the other way.

Heard something about that Plekanec was upset last night and I hope that it's not because he was traded to the Islanders.

My first reaction was that it has to be the Canes replacing Eric Cole.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/199685.html' target="_blank">

p.s I did a typo in his name but am not sure how to change it. "two r's" in Parrish.

Fixed that -- good point re: why does RDS have the scoop if it's true that is.

The Senators being involved is another possibile reason why RDS might have something no other media does. We'll see soon I guess...

Depend on whom went the other way.

Heard something about that Plekanec was upset last night and I hope that it's not because he was traded to the Islanders.

...didn't Pleks get hurt in the game last night?

BTW, I just heard the same thing from Christian Gauthier on Montreal's ckac radio. He's also saying that the team is unknown.

Wonder if he just got that from RDS. :unsure:

BTW, thanks for the edit. :D

Sure, welcome to HW! Hope you stick around!

Either RDS is the only one to get the scoop because Parrish is coming to Montreal; or because Parrish is traded for a Quebec-born player (closer to the RDS staff).

I always sorta liked Parrish and think he was burried in NYI.

News changed: http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/199685.html

"Contrary to what has been reported on a website, right-winger Mark Parrish hasn't been traded yet"

WTF? "That website" is themselves, its RDS!

Edited by KoZed

If eklunds says it..it must be true :lol:

I just don't see why ottawa would need him, havlats coming back in a few weeks

carolina would be a good fit for him..or maybe the flyers

Montreal could probably use him. I think he's a bit overrated, but we don't have enough guys that are willing to go to the net and collect garbage goals. If that happened, although it won't, I'm guessing he would take Perezhogin's place on the second line with Ribeiro and Kovalev.

Breaking up ZHog and Kovy would be a bad choice, actually all three of those players ZHog Kovy and Ribs all seem to really enjoy playing with each other. Furthermore they seem to have great chemistry and can hold the puck deep in the opposing teams zone creating numerous scoring chances.

Breaking up ZHog and Kovy would be a bad choice, actually all three of those players ZHog Kovy and Ribs all seem to really enjoy playing with each other. Furthermore they seem to have great chemistry and can hold the puck deep in the opposing teams zone creating numerous scoring chances.

I agree. The top 2 lines should be kept intact. I just mentionned what I think Gainey would do if he acquired Parrish, not what I would like him to do.

Adding another second liner won't do it. If there will be an offensive upgrade I hope it's first line materal.

That would be great indeed, but at this time, it's too late. Teams that believe they'll make the playoffs will hold on to these guys, and other teams will demand ridiculous compensation in return to rebuild their team, in Montreal's case probably first rounders, Komisarek, Higgins, Kostsitsyn, Perehogin, ... The Blues won't let Tkachuk for any combination of Sundstrom, Zednik, Bonk, and 4th-9th round picks, especially since they got a 1st rounder for Weight.

Sweeeeeet.

Just read on a few sites that P.L is heavily involved with Parrish talks alongside Detroit. I'd love to get him, not only do we get someone who can really help us out but we beat out the Dead Things too. Of course it would really suck on the other side of the spectrum should Detroit be the team to pick him up. I think they have more to offer then we do.