Plekanec Trade-bait?

habzz22

Take this for what it's worth cause it's from Eklund...but...interesting none the less!

Tomas Plekanec 03/06/2006 @ 09:20 PM

I recieved an anonymous tip that the Canadien Forward was about to be moved...Someone in the press box up here just noticed a trainer pull him off the bench and he just went up the runway...take it for what it is worth...the tip came from a new source, and I am only reporting it because Plekanec looked at the trainer and looked confused......hard to tell, since we are hundreds of feet away, but this is very suspicious...this deadline is getting interesting...

I don't believe it. RDS reports that Plekanec suffered a shoulder injury in the Flyers game. They also mentioned that Bouillon suffered a hand injury and both are doubtful for tonight's game against Toronto. Possible replacements are Streit for Bouillon, and Murray or Sundstrom [both healthy scratches] for Plekanec.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199682.html

Possible replacements are Streit for Bouillon, and Murray or Sundstrom [both healthy scratches] for Plekanec.

It's not going to happen, but if Plekanec is injured I would like to see Kostsitsyn back in the lineup. I liked the line they had for a short while with Kostsitsyn, Bulis (center), and Zednik. Last time he was called, Kostsitsyn was often one the best players for Montreal despite his limited ice-time.

More likely, we'll see the return of Streit and Sundstrom in the lineup. I'm not sure Gainey is ready to "promote" Bonk back to the 3rd line, so I'm guessing the third line will end up being Sundstrom-Bulis-Zednik.

What happended to the Sundstrom that used to score 40-45 points on the 3rd line for San Jose not so long ago? I'd like to see this guy back; his line with Scott Thornton and Mike Ricci was so effective back then.

Well, I don't beleive this rumour considering the circumstances. Although with the saying, you have to give something to get something holding true, Plexs is good bait.....If it gets us Selami or Jokinen, I would understand the sacrifice. especially for Jokinen........I hate to think what Plex may become, Oh the chances teams sometimes need to take.

This sucks because I wasn't going to talk trade untill thursday.......It's like quiting smoking.......

Is there a patch I can put on to help with trade deadline addicts......

Right now I hope the Canadiens don't make any trades. Ribeiro has played amazing the last two games; his line with Kovy and Z Hog is spectacular. If the Habs could get Jokinen and Plex had to be traded it would be a good deal as long as Jokinen signed a long-term contract with the Canadiens. But I believe it highly unlikely that Montreal will acquire Jokinen.

Right now I hope the Canadiens don't make any trades. Ribeiro has played amazing the last two games; his line with Kovy and Z Hog is spectacular. If the Habs could get Jokinen and Plex had to be traded it would be a good deal as long as Jokinen signed a long-term contract with the Canadiens. But I believe it highly unlikely that Montreal will acquire Jokinen.

well lets sign him for 5 more years with two great games...little to late, his weak on the puck and as a big mouth, he would of been trade by now but no one wants him, hopfully with these two AMAZING games we can get more then a bag of pucks back in return. montreal well not trade for jokinen.

Plekanec has been invisible lately but he still has loads of skill, loads of potential and a great work ethic. He's a keeper unless we get a big name back. I wouldn't trade Plekanec for Jokinen because Jokinen is only a rental and we don't have a great shot at the Cup with or without him. It would be a waste of a prospect unless we can land another miracle and resign Jokinen like we did Kovalev. We're rebuilding so trading a good prospect for a rental would definitely be a bad move.

I couldn't care less than Plekanec and Bouillon got injured. Neither have played their best hockey lately and I'm really eager to see Streit play. Sundstrom looked alright the last tim eI remember seeing him play. Murray gives a hundred cents on the dollar. Never a bad choice either.

Does a deer or a moose licence include shooting Ekl too?

Hmmm.... I'll have to look into that.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Two words about Plek moving....... HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hlogo:

Please take your "Eklund rumours" and post them in the trash.

Nothing personal, but this is just ridiculous (e4).

:lol:

I agree 100%