(...) "but D. Aebischer Is Going To Be In The Net In 1 Of The 2 Coming Games" - Bob Gainey

bebehabs

hey guys!

so for all of u who is still worrying about *WHO is going to be in the net* and *when Aebischer is going to play his FIRST game with the habs jersey*, i read in "La Presse" this morning :

Le Tricolore affronte le Lightning demain et les Hurricanes mardi, mais l'entraîneur Bob Gainey a refusé d'annoncer si Huet allait obtenir un autre départ lors du prochain match.

"J'ai affirmé hier que je n'avais pas de numéro un, je ne changerai pas d'idée 24 heures plus tard. Mais David Aebischer sera devant le filet dans un des deux matchs."

translation =

Habs is going to play against the lightning monday and against the hurricanes tuesday. but coach gainey refused to tell if huet is going to get another start in the NEXT game.

I said yesterday that i don't have a number one (goalie), and i'm not going to change my mind 24 hours later. But David Aebischer is going to tobe in the net in 1 of the 2 coming games."

---

So i hope that Aebischer will get the start on monday (against tampa) and keep huet to face the canes~ (btw, the canes lost their last 3 games hehe)

Edited by bebehabs

Huet has a shutout streak going and I don't think it counts if he misses a game. So I would play him first. For now, I would say that Huet is the better goalie - he's been playing better atleast which is what counts. Tampa Bay is the more important game (the easier one but if we lose, they pass us) so we should play Huet for that one. Then we start Aebischer vs Carolina where he'll probably get a tough initiation test.

I watched Gainey in an interview (don't remeber where) and he said he likes the idea of a platoon system. He said Huet and Aebby have different playing styles wich can be used against the different playing styles of other teams.

what does Bob do if abbey shuts out the Canes?

I saw that too. I think Gainey said it was good because he could play them against teams that their playing styles work against and that neither of them would burn out and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember. I like the idea of platooning them too but not just for the hell of it. I still think we should ride whichever one's hot. By the way, Roloson has another terrible game in Edmonton. I don't see the importance of them getting a 3rd back-up for a 1st rounder + a conditional pick.

Well I heard the post game interview on CJAD 800 and the reporter asked Gainey if Hut kept this up would he change his mind, and as BeBe reported he said I am not going to change my mind every 24 hours, but if Huet shutsout Tampa he will play against the Canes as well, I do not know how he could not start him. Anyways I am sure David has now seen what Huet can do and this should push him extra hard to bring his A game when called upon.

I saw that too. I think Gainey said it was good because he could play them against teams that their playing styles work against and that neither of them would burn out and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember. I like the idea of platooning them too but not just for the hell of it. I still think we should ride whichever one's hot. By the way, Roloson has another terrible game in Edmonton. I don't see the importance of them getting a 3rd back-up for a 1st rounder + a conditional pick.

Yeah, unless he can keep them in the playoffs and then take them far, I can see this being a bad trade for the Oilers. As for the platooning i think they should both play while theyre hot and switch them up often to keep them sharp.

:hlogo:

i also heard at CKAC that there will be some *problems* with aebi coz roland melançon (habs goalie coach) doesnt like the goaling style of aebi, but this is none of our business :P

yeah, i underdstand that we should let huet get the start vs tampa coz he's on fire and it's a very positive sequence, and if it continues, we could get 2 more points and consolidate our 7th ranking over the bolts.

but why dunt we let him take a LITTLE rest?

well i think there's good reasons if we put huet in the net monday and there is also goos reasons if we put aebi... we'll see :)

Edited by bebehabs

i also heard at CKAC that there will be some *problems* with aebi coz roland melançon (habs goalie coach) doesnt like the goaling style of aebi, but this is none of our business :P

yeah, i underdstand that we should let huet get the start vs tampa coz he's on fire and it's a very positive sequence, and if it continues, we could get 2 more points and consolidate our 7th ranking over the bolts.

but why dunt we let him take a LITTLE rest? i mean, last week, he had some probs with 2 games in 2 nites -- yeah i know we were on the road, but still --

well i think there's good reasons if we put huet in the net monday and there is also goos reasons if we put aebi... we'll see :)

I think Gainey just wanted to get rid of THEO AND aBBY WAS THE BEST he could get. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great deal and Abby is probably abetter goalie then Theo at this point........but as for problems,bcause of the play of Huet thus far, who cares....If Huet keeps it up Gainey will just get rid of Abby next year .........

I see that happening more then anything else..........Hopefully he'll at least be good enough to yeild a great return.......