Did The Bolts Just Lose Their Playoff Spot?

Tony

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158841&hubname=

Canadian Press

3/16/2006 4:15:10 PM

TAMPA, Fla. (CP) - Veteran goalie Sean Burke of the Tampa Bay Lightning is out indefinitely after sustaining a broken finger in practice Thursday.

The Lightning recalled Gerald Coleman from Springfield of the AHL to backup starter John Grahame.

Burke's right index finger was placed in a splint Thursday. He will be re-evaluated by the Lightning medical staff next week.

Burke is 11-9-3 this season with a 2.92 goals-against average and a .892 save percentage.

Coleman, 20, went 13-17-3 with the Falcons this season with a 3.54 GAA and .890 save percentage.

The 6-4, 205-pound goaltender spent the past three seasons with the OHL's London Knights, helping them to capture the 2005 OHL championship and the 2005 Memorial Cup.

Wow that's going to hurt the team. It's not bad enough the Bolts had to go with two decent goalies, now they got a decent goalie and a no name farmer (no name in the NHL that is).

This could be the break the Trashers need.

Edited by Tony

And Burke had just started gaining some confidence back. Grahame is still crapping the net night in, night out. We are now guaranteed a playoff spot.

Gotta agree with BTH here... I think this ensures the Habs a spot in the playoffs!

... Unless of course Grahame gets hott and manages to lead the way.... now that'd be surprising!

Better yet... maybe Gerald Coleman (the goalie called up to back up Grahame) will win the starting job and lead the Lightning to in and through the playoffs!

I hope TB misses the playoffs.. it would be great to see the team who won the cup because it was fixed(You Suck Fraiser.) and then come back the next season and miss the playoffs.

I love how Flames fans blame that whole series on Fraser. Totally ignoring the fact they choked in Game 7.

I came to hate the Lightning during that series though. I hated seeing Richards and St.Louis's smug little faces all the time. I hope they do miss the playoffs. The Stanley Cup in Florida is wrong.

Tampa plays tonight, they host the Flyers, let us hope for a rout in favour of Hitchcock's Boys.

I can definitely see it happening. What I'm worried about is that Atlanta passes us but Ottawa/Buffalo doesn't pass Carolina so we have to play them. Or that Atlanta doesn't pass us but some other team does pass Carolina. I feel that we can take down any team in the East but Carolina.

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to add this... WITHOUT naming anyone... that please STOP JINXING IT!!! Tampa has gone 4 and 1 after the goalie broke his finger NO MORE HELP PLEASE!!!

:angry:

Sorry Corvina,

I never really jinxed the Habs though I did not say anything was going to happen just that if it did it would be good for the Habs.

HAHA You know Im joking JMMR .... I just keep wishing night after night for those Bolts to LOSE and it aint happening!!! :)

It was Bulis!!!

What did I do now? No matter what I say Tampa Bay sucks and will finish behind the Habs in the standings. And Grahame will start sucking any day now. Oh, and Huet stays healthy.

What did I do now? No matter what I say Tampa Bay sucks and will finish behind the Habs in the standings. And Grahame will start sucking any day now. Oh, and Huet stays healthy.

Send me a pm, I want to know where you live.

I'm coming to hit you.