Chipchura To Hamilton?

gohabsgo252006

huet is a UFA next season..how many UFAs have you see sign for only a year. if montreal goes beyond the 1st round, expect huet to ask around for something like 3years/11.5.

I do not believe Gainey will pay more than 2.5 per for Huet unless the Habs make the finals.

Exactly.

Hopefully Aebischer is history. I can't imagine why BG would keep him and not Danis. Even if they have to give him away, the $2 million in salary savings can be helpfull elsewhere.

Vokoun's first game with the Habs was abyssimal

Garon's first 10 games or so were TERRIBLE

Some of Theo's first games were nightmarish...

GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE

3 games don't make or break a career.

he will get a chance but I strongly believe that one of the three main goalies will be gone by next year...so far, aebischer is the most tradeable of the bunch and since huet's playing over his head right now, he's the one you need to take into next season.

I'm sure BG will be agressive into signing huet at the end of the season. If he succeeds, look for either danis or aebicsher to be gone on draft day

he will get a chance but I strongly believe that one of the three main goalies will be gone by next year...so far, aebischer is the most tradeable of the bunch and since huet's playing over his head right now, he's the one you need to take into next season.

I'm sure BG will be agressive into signing huet at the end of the season. If he succeeds, look for either danis or aebicsher to be gone on draft day

I just hope that Gainey doesn't give a very hefty, long-term contract to Huet after this season, no matter what happens in the playoffs. Too many GMs screw themselves and jeopardize the their organization's future by giving up way too much for players after a career year:

Tampa Bay is paying almost franchise-player money for St-Louis, who really has never done anything fantastic with the exception of last season. That's in addition to paying franchise-player money to Lecavalier just for his potential, which he's never yet come close to realizing. Calgary and Montreal overpaid Iginla and Theodore after their career seasons. They have followed with good season aftar but neither came even close to the amazing performances back then.

At least these players (except Theodore this season) are still good and very useful players. They're overpaid, but they can still help you win. Other GMs didn't have that luck, and signed ordinary players to huge contracts.

I'm not saying Huet would be a bust next season, but I would just not offer a player a huge contract until he has performed at a very high level for a few consecutive seasons. Offer Huet a decent salary (1.5M-2M) for 2 seasons, and if he's the real deal, THEN he can hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, owners are stupid (they went into a lock-out for over a year because they couldn't manage their money, and I'm sure they'll find a way to screw themselves up again despite the new CBA), and somebody will probably give Huet 5M.

IF, as you say, Huet is playing over his head, why would you want to take him into next year? That makes no sense.

Huet is probably the best of the three, only becuase Danis is unproven. Aebischer is adequate, but is better off elsewhere as Montreal needs to develop Danis at the NHL level. Dump Aebischer and his salary for whatever you can get, maybe a draft pick and move on. Huet and Danis for next year

Agreed. Huet and Danis will be the two goalies in MTL next year, unless Danis isn't quite ready and Gainey brings in a veteran backup.

Huet will be less expensive than people think, unless something very, very pleasant happens in the playoffs. GMs aren't stupid: they saw what happened with Theodore and Khabibulin after they were given fat contracts. The market price for goalies won't be as high as it was last summer, at least I don't think it will be. Either way, Huet will definitely be cheaper than what we were paying Theodore, or what we would be paying the likes of Luongo.

Briung Huet back - I'm 100% sure that he's going to be a Top 10 goalie in the league for another 3 or 4 years (and I think Gainey agrees, too) and by that time Price will be ready to take over.

IF, as you say, Huet is playing over his head, why would you want to take him into next year? That makes no sense.

Huet is a great goalie but you have to agree that 7So in 2 months is a bit extraordinary

It's always like that :lol:

Carbonneau and jarvis will absolutly love CHipCHura. It seems like a perfect match.

I remember seeing chipchura in a tournament near montreal two years ago. I didn't thought that the guy was so big until I saw him on the ice. he never looked out of place. not much speech but lot's of smarts.

we got a perfect third line center

chip, chip, chip churaaaaaa !!

Huet is a great goalie but you have to agree that 7So in 2 months is a bit extraordinary

That doesn't answer the question. If you say he's playing over his head, then why would you bring him back? You would try to trade him or let him go in UFA

Yes I think all the shutouts will probabbly never happen again, but he's seems to be showing he's a #1 goalie

That doesn't answer the question. If you say he's playing over his head, then why would you bring him back? You would try to trade him or let him go in UFA

all I'm saying is that I think huet is #1 goalie material. Yes I hope that we sign him back. see him going elsewhere without getting anything back would break my heart.

I think that If huet's signed by draft day, aebicher will be traded....hopefully for a early/ middle 1st rounder or a couple of 2nd rounders

I think that If huet's signed by draft day, aebicher will be traded....hopefully for a early/ middle 1st rounder or a couple of 2nd rounders

Either way Montreal needs to deal either Huet or Aebischer. Danis needs time in the NHL next season and I'd rather see Aebischer or Huet delt, than Danis lose for nothing, or wasting away in the AHL again next year if resigned

Danis will not play in the AHL next year and he will not be traded since he's a gainey's signee. I'm sure he knows he's ready and they know it