Rivet Playing Hurt

zumpano21

Listening to the post game show on CKAC, they made a great point.

Rivet has only played about 15 minutes per game for the last couple of games (roughly) while Souray and the other vets are up around 25.

Is he hurt and not letting on to the media?

Listening to the post game show on CKAC, they made a great point.

Rivet has only played about 15 minutes per game for the last couple of games (roughly) while Souray and the other vets are up around 25.

Is he hurt and not letting on to the media?

Rivet only have 5 shifts in the last half of the game tonight. After we got ahead 4-1 Gainey seems to have rested him.

mmm before when Komi was playing 10 min max per game I would have jumped to put in a 7 dman in this situation

But Markov is also hurting... I would be cautious with the leafs I would put a 7 dman if either Markov or Bouillon are still hurt...

Great little battle that he had going with OVechkin last night. Did you see that one shift where Rivet steamrolled him behind the net, Ovechkin came back and knocked him down, play wne the other way, came back, Ovechkin lined him up again, Rivet stood his ground and dropped him. Great work by the cameramen to catch it. Good solid hits.

Great little battle that he had going with OVechkin last night. Did you see that one shift where Rivet steamrolled him behind the net, Ovechkin came back and knocked him down, play wne the other way, came back, Ovechkin lined him up again, Rivet stood his ground and dropped him. Great work by the cameramen to catch it. Good solid hits.

Souray was the one who steamrolled Ovechkin behind the net. Ovechkin went after Rivet twice once knocking him down and a second time getting a shot to the head. Coincidentally, Ovechkin didn't play again until half way through the 3rd period. I think Hanlon sent him a message to pick his battles before he gets hurt. There are other guys on the team that can do the dirty work.