Pens @ Habs (Oct 16th , 7:30PM)

puck7x

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

Penguins @ Canadiens

Thursday October 16th , 7:30PM

RDS , CJAC , CKAC (regional snet?)

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

Habs probable lineup.. (Same at last 2 games)

Ryder - Perreault - Audette

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Bulis - Juneau - Dackell (edit :) )

Ward - Begin - Sundstrom

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Quintal

Hainsey - Brisebois

Theodore

Garon

The only one change might be Garon starting instead of Theodore , I mean we are playing the pens... And our next 2 games after this one are tough ones that Theodore has to start.

Pens news : Abid will play for first time this year tomorrow , McKenna wont play ... Caron will start for pens.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2003-10-15 by puck7x]

[Edited on 2003/10/16 by Habby1197]

Hmmm , looks like the roster will change tomorrow , heard on RDS that Begin could play tomorrow , and was practicing on 4th line...

The line was...

Ward - Begin - Sundstrom

Guess that means Higgins will be sent down shortly. If he hasnt already.

If I was Julien I wouldn't take any chance againts Pittsburgh and I'd start Theodore. It's really important to win another to create a good streak and give a good mood in the locker room.

At this moment of the season, if Julien put Theo on the net, it's a clear message they have a playoffs as the #1 priority.

Theo is able to play 70 games. We don't have to develop Garon, we have to win.

Instead, my strategy would be to play Garon againts a top club. That would give a better rest to Theo, and give a better challenge to Garon.

I hope we start Theodore in this game...

We have a tough schedule the rest of the month and need to make sure we win the easy games...

1-0 Habs after first period.

Not the best played period , habs started strong but then later in the period the pens had some long stretches of pressure and puck-control in the habs zone, habs were making all kinds of errors... But then towards the end of the period we calmed down and started to control the game again , and got a Markov PP goal...

Markov from Perreault and Ryder ...

Shots after 1 : 14-5 Habs

2-1 Habs after 2....

Straka scored PP goal for pens , from Morozov and Mario

Zednik scored goal for Habs , from Ribeiro and Hossa (with 2.5 seconds left)

We played like garbage in the 2nd , pens are out skating us , beating us to the puck , getting a cycle game going in our zone ... Our defensive zone breakouts are all being intercepted... Really a garbage period by the habs...

But hey , still leading...

Shots after 2 : 19-15 habs

Habs win 4-2...

Outshot pens 33-22 (Still have outshot the other team in every game this season) ..

Ribeiro 3 points ,

Wasnt our best game , but we still won... We dominated the 3rd (which is a nice change from last year when the 3rd period was our weakest)

Another great game (except 2nd period)

The powerplay is looking real good, both lines are passing the puck great and seem to always set up perfect and create a chance for a goal. Ribeiro was awesome in the game, the kid has real great vision and offensive skills.

I thought Begin was a good addition to the lineup, he added a lot of grit, good 4th liner. Ward also had a good game, his best by far this season.

Now there's a big question, Koivu will most likely play against the leafs. What will be done with the lineup?

Something will be done at center and it might not be good for the team at the moment. Both Ribs and perreault are playing good and juneau seems to have a lock on the checking center position.

Hopefully whatever happens will benefit the team and the habs will come out with the win against the leafs.

i remember a comment that someone wrote when koivu went down with the injury against Ottawa, saying that the Habs played better without koivu. hey, maybe it's true.

but i still like our Captain and best player!

:ghg: