Higgins, Komisarek Article

kaos

That would be nice. I loved watching him in Hamilton during his time there. The guy is really a nice hockey player to watch. He's probably one of my favorite Habs, and I've enjoyed following his career. It'llbe interesting to see how it turns out.

Hopefully the comparisons to Jere Lehtinen prove true. I could handle 30 goals and a few Selke Trophies, how about you?

Higgins is enigmatic. He started the season playing like a grinder and now he plays like a scorer. I prefer him in the role of a goal scorer thats for sure but its good to see he doesnt shy away from traffic.

Komisarek finally gets it going for good. He knows his role and he does it well now. Crash-bang-pass (sometimes shoot)

Well I think that comes with the fact that he played mostly as a 3rd and 4th liner at the beginning of the season and now is playing mostly 1st line minutes.

Shows how versatile he is. Not what an enigma he is.

Higgins is really tough to gauge. We really only know two things, 1. he isn't an elite player, but 2. he's better than a 4th liner.

So he's somewhere in the middle there. 3rd line grinder? 1st line plug? Dependable 2nd liner

Who knows? He's a rookie, he hasn't fully defined himself. But I gotta say, I like the current definition.

Higgins is really tough to gauge. We really only know two things, 1. he isn't an elite player, but 2. he's better than a 4th liner.

So he's somewhere in the middle there. 3rd line grinder? 1st line plug? Dependable 2nd liner

Who knows? He's a rookie, he hasn't fully defined himself. But I gotta say, I like the current definition.

A near 20 goal rookie year indicates to me that he is probably atleast developing into a solid 2nd line forward, and with his defensive capabilities, he's a strong two way player. I see no reason this guy can't be the next Jere Lehtinen (although he gets to play with Modano), and couldn't be a Bob Gainey type guy who could play the two way spot on the top line, a goal scoring roll on the second line or go both ways on the thrid line.

Chris is definitly not a 4th line player. I project him playing 2nd line minutes at least

What about Komisarek then? He was an Isanders fan!

well... he is supposed to be great friends with higgings, right? And right now higgins is the big ticket in the duo, so lets say komi stays in mtl to stay with his friend. B)

Not that it necessarily counts for much, but prior to graduating from "prospect" status on hockeysfuture.com, they had Higgins listed as an 8, which is defined as the following:

8 - First line forward / No. 2 defenseman / No. 1 goaltender -- players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential. Think Patrik Elias, Keith Tkachuk, Mattias Ohlund, Adam Foote, Sean Burke, Olaf Kolzig.