Game Thread | Tiny Tim Vs. Mr. Shutout | 04//04/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people believe that Jinx crap?

Go Habs

Athletes and sports fans are always superstitious. That is just they way it is (watch a baseball game when a pitcher is throwing a no hitter he sits alone and no one talks to him. Just the way it was is and always will be.

frankly, I am recently getting a little less obsessive about the jinxes and superstitutions, but there is a reasonable reason for the athlete to have some of them:

The big idea of not mentioning the shutout is to try to get oneself thinking about the moment and not focus on what is mostly a meaningless goal (I'd prefer a consistent winning goalie than one who was average but got a disproportionate amount of shutouts).

The easy ritual is so that a player does not need to get stressed about whether he is properly prepared for the nights game... did he practice enough, etc? It's cool, relax, I got my magic underwear on... im good to go.

Why do people believe that Jinx crap?

You should see my collection of lucky underwear.

I'm a goalie éh.

Bonne chance Cristo,

*step on the ice with your left skate first*

Go, Habs, go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Nah, saying shutout isnt a jinx for Huet. He's not like other goalies, nothing phases him, he's always calm.

I've watched all 7 Huet shutout games, and everytime he's closing in on a shutout I start thinking about it, and talking about it.... But he always gets it anyways.

SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT! GO HUET!

Please don't tweak the Hockey Gods noses.

You should see my collection of lucky underwear.

I'm a goalie éh.

Bonne chance Cristo,

*step on the ice with your left skate first*

Go, Habs, go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Always left foot first good call

and put your left skateon first as well

GO HABS GO!

Back-to-Back S-words for Huet and his 4th consecutive vs Boston. Let's see if he can hit 300 consecutive S-word minutes vs Boston. I wonder what the record is for S-wording one team for the most consecutive minutes is. I would imagine that if Huet does it tonight then it would be the record.

Richard Zednik, who hasn't scored in 13 games will be a healthy scratch tomorrow night against the Bruins. Jan Bulis will take his place. TSN ice chips.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Although Bulis will take his spot in the line-up Murray will take his spot on the second line with Kovy and Ribs (team 990, Pat Hickey)

YAY....Zednik is finally finding is rightful place with a splinter in his bum.

Murray to the second line??? THat's an interesting move, but of late everything BG touches turns to gold so let's say a hat trick for Murray???

Can't wait till game time only 29 Hours.

GO SAKU GO

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

Nah, saying shutout isnt a jinx for Huet. He's not like other goalies, nothing phases him, he's always calm.

I've watched all 7 Huet shutout games, and everytime he's closing in on a shutout I start thinking about it, and talking about it.... But he always gets it anyways.

SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT! GO HUET!

If tomorrow does not turn out as you have so boldly predicted...may God have mercy on your soul! I gonna lynch me a Puck7x! :D

If tomorrow does not turn out as you have so boldly predicted...may God have mercy on your soul! I gonna lynch me a Puck7x! :D

I'll help! :D

GO HUET GO!!!

Make that 3.

It has nothing to do with Huet's belief. The Hockey Gods are Omni-Present. :(

On behalf of Canadiens fans, please - Hear my Prayer oh great Hockey Gods - please forgive Puck7x, he didn't mean it. LOL

(Don't pounce on me - I'm being funny)

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

RDS is reporting that ZEDNIK is NOT going to play

Bulis will be in the line uo BUT wont be in the 2nd line with ribs and kovy

coz MURRAY is going to play along with Ribs and Kovy!!!

so : GO HABS GO!! K.O. those gummy bears

Edited by bebehabs

RDS is reporting tha tZEDNIK is NOTgoing to play

Bulis will be in the line uo BUT wont be in the 2nd line with ribs and kovy

coz MURRAY is going to play along with Ribs and Kovy!!!

Thanks BE BE you should have read the last page ;)

Thanks BE BE you should have read the last page ;)

i did!!! :angry::angry:

well i read the first page, then the third page... but not the 2nd one ^^

huh? why ignore?? ignore JMMR??? :X

hey hey! i dunt wanna sound negative, but LAST time that Huet was the *defensive player of the week* in the NHL, the NEXT 2 games were... awful... so just hope this time it's gonna be the opposite! hehe

i HEARD that gainey said that AEBI is going to play THIS WEEK, but NOT against boston...

so... aebi against the sens on thursday? NO WAY!!!

aebi aginst the devils on saturday??? NO NO WAY!!!

?

huh? why ignore?? ignore JMMR??? :X

hey hey! i dunt wanna sound negative, but LAST time that Huet was the *defensive player of the week* in the NHL, the NEXT 2 games were... awful... so just hope this time it's gonna be the opposite! hehe

i HEARD that gainey said that AEBI is going to play THIS WEEK, but NOT against boston...

so... aebi against the sens on thursday? NO WAY!!!

aebi aginst the devils on saturday??? NO NO WAY!!!

?

I remember hearing Gainey say that Aebi would play at least one more game before the season ends. I wouldn't mind seeing him play Buffalo though. We'll see what happens.