Begin On Crutches, Aebischer To Play Sens

les_glorieux

The Montreal Canadiens look like they'll have to make do without forward Steve Begin, who arrived at the Bell Centre on crutches on Sunday.

Begin sprained his left knee late in the first period of Saturday's 3-2 loss to New Jersey when he fell awkwardly after taking a slash from Devils defenceman Ken Klee.

Begin was helped off the ice, putting no weight on the knee, and taken to hospital. He had an MRI on Sunday and will see a doctor on Tuesday.

Netminder David Aebischer will get the call in net for the Canadiens against Ottawa on Monday. He turned aside 44 Ottawa shots in a 5-3 victory over the Senators on Thursday night.

yeah~ bégin wont play against the sens, he will meet the doctor on tuesday, but AT LEAST, he said that he felt much better than yesterday and that he will keep on being optimistic and keep on smiling~~ :D :D

aebi to start against the sens~ YEPPPPP~ good opportunity for him to prove himself AT the bell center, since his last game at montreal (against the penguins) was not very sharp~ since he played a niiiiiiiice gamae against the sens last thursday... i think he's confident enough to play well against them again~ is emery going to start? haha~

do we know how many of ottawa's top defencemen are back?

because that could make all the difference...

(bloody NJ, they KNOW that we don't stand a chance against Carolina... why won't they stop winning?)

well even if we end up the season with the SAME total of points as NJ, they will be at the 6th position anyway coz they already won 3 of the 4 games (the 4th to be the last game of the season), so i GUESS that we will finish 7th and tampa 8th~ which means we'll surely face the sens in the playoffs (if they can't catch up the canes hehe)

well even if we end up the season with the SAME total of points as NJ, they will be at the 6th position anyway coz they already won 3 of the 4 games (the 4th to be the last game of the season), so i GUESS that we will finish 7th and tampa 8th~ which means we'll surely face the sens in the playoffs (if they can't catch up the canes hehe)

I think its looking more and more like Montreal will end up in 8th. ITs a very tough final five games with Ottawa, New Jersey and Buffalo all on the radar. Tampa has two relatively easy games against Florida and Washington, and two tough ones against Carolina. Its going to be close.

As for Ottawa, I would imagine that Redden would be back. I don't think he was injured, I think he missed time due to personal reason? Death in the family maybe?

I think its looking more and more like Montreal will end up in 8th. ITs a very tough final five games with Ottawa, New Jersey and Buffalo all on the radar. Tampa has two relatively easy games against Florida and Washington, and two tough ones against Carolina. Its going to be close.

As for Ottawa, I would imagine that Redden would be back. I don't think he was injured, I think he missed time due to personal reason? Death in the family maybe?

At least there's no Johan Hecht to worry about :D

At least there's no Johan Hecht to worry about :D

And here I was thinking we'd have no reason to thank :puke: Darcy Tucker... :puke:

I know, it was hard to say that in a positive light...

Before the Sens game last week they mentioned it on RDS why Redden wasnt playing. I heared something with him and his wife. Dunno what cuz my french sucks!

I thought I heard there was something to do with his grandmother