Best News Of The Season

johnnyhasbeen

Habs have the toughest opponent of the three teams in the hunt still - and the Devil's are on a mission.

So they too might be on the outside looking in when the playoffs start. :(

So there will be no gloating just yet......

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read an aritcle in a Swedish newspaper about why the Maple Leafs missed the playoffs.

It was a translation so the excuses where made from Toronto.

It was the new rules fault!

With the old system the Maple Leafs would have clinched the 8th spot in the east ahead of Tampa Bay. My eyes was wet since I cried after all the laughs but at the same time I feel sorry for them. They wan't so much but hasn't done much right in the last 30 years or so.

Mats Sundin won't play in the World Championship. The first time ever he says no to Tre Kronor. It could mean two things.

1. Mattias Norström, captain of the LA Kings turned down the offer to play for Sweden in the world championship because he feels he needs to be in LA to sort things out after the Kings terrible play after the Olympics. Does Mats Sundin feel the same way about his Leafs?

2. He won't come back to the stinking Leafs until they have cleaned up. The can not afford to sign McCabe?! Why not? Because most of their players are overpaid? Mats Sundin has won it all but the Stanley Cup and his getting older. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere.