Character Game

AccuHab

So, we heard lots yesterday about how this was to be a character game for the Habs. The question is, did they succeed in proving their character?

My thoughts are that they did and them some...

They lost Souray and played with five D the rest of the night - Markov, Komi, Boullion, Dandy and Rivet played like warriors.

Bonk, Sunny and Murray were dominant at times and we got scoring from all four lines.

The players, to me, seemed unrattled when the Canes were flying and were a calm bunch throughout.

Character game? Damn straight. These guys showed it last night.

:hlogo:

So, we heard lots yesterday about how this was to be a character game for the Habs. The question is, did they succeed in proving their character?

My thoughts are that they did and them some...

They lost Souray and played with five D the rest of the night - Markov, Komi, Boullion, Dandy and Rivet played like warriors.

Bonk, Sunny and Murray were dominant at times and we got scoring from all four lines.

The players, to me, seemed unrattled when the Canes were flying and were a calm bunch throughout.

Character game? Damn straight. These guys showed it last night.

:hlogo:

Agreed! :)

They were more calm than I was! :lol: So they definitly showed character!

I would definitely say that was a character win.

They blew a 3-0 lead. Lost one of their top d-men for essentially the whole game.

Suffered 2 lucky goals by Carolina and still led 5-4 with a minute and a half to go.

That alone would have been a character win.

This is a potential backbreaker for the Canes and a huge confidence boost for the Habs.

They deserve to be exactly where they are, and I do not think Carolina can play much

better. They have 2 even strength goals and 1 was a fluke deflection and the other

came 1 minute in to game 1 over 8 periods ago.

YEah they showed some character.

They stole 2 games in another teams building

They gave up the first goal early in the first game, then stormed back to blow out Carolina.

They got out to a fast start in game 2. Then when things started to fall apart, giving up a three goal lead, they held on and won in OT. They could very easily have folded and settled for a 1-1 split going back home.

So this team needs to win the most pivital game 3. Even if they lose game 4. Game three is the most critical and Montreal needs to show up and shut down Carolina. Can't afford another 6-5 game

I forget during which game I was watching last night that they popped the stat on the screen that the team that wins Game 2 of the series (since they've gone to the 7 game format), goes on to win the series 75% of the time.

Go Habs!