114 Decibels

Jean

man I was at the Bell Centre yesterday and I can tell you guys.. all that cheering was marvelous

114 decibels according to the newpaper.. and I have no trouble believing it.. I tought the roof was gonna explode from all the noise!

BTW a plane taking off makes a noise of 120 decibels

BTW a plane taking off makes a noise of 120 decibels

114 decibels at the Bell Centre. Hmm. Maria Sharapova yells at the volume of 101.2 decibels. No kidding.

Was it really that high? Sounded like whispers on cjad internet feed.

TV and radio really doesnt make justice to the ambiance in the arena. You have to be they're to realise how crazy it is :)

Take my word for it :)

i guess it depends where you measure from...

Yes indeed. I was in the 300s personally (cheaper section) and the people in the 100 and 200s were cheering a lot less than us common folsk were. i'm sure the 120 decibles bareeer could have been broken if you took the measurement in the middle of the 300 section. On another hand, the noise on level 100 wasnt even at 100 deciblels.

But I have to be fair : some of them were cheering like us, just not nowhere near as many.

But we need both type of fans, we won't be able to pay the million$ in salaries to the players if every ticket is sold $38 like mine afterall. ;)

Maria Sharapova?!? HA!

Monica Seles was way better. She made me watch Tennis with her yelling.

*Tock*

AAAAHHHHHH-HE!!!!!

*Tock*

*Tock*

AAAAAHHHHH-HE!!!!!

*Tock*

*Tock*

AAAAAHHHHH-AH!!!!

Crowd: "Oooooooohhhhhh"

*Seles win the play*

Crowd: *Applauds"

Early 90's Women's Tennis, Gotta Love It!

Makes you wonder how she sounds like in intimity, you know....

AH-HI AH-HI AH-UH AH-HI AH-HI....

Edited by Phil Parent

Well I've been on other forums and they clearly say Montreal is the REAL hockey town not pathetic Detroit or as I like to call it "the toilet". ;)

Or stupid Toronto who have been trying for years to steal that "world's greatest hockey town" title from Montreal.

We have always been and will always be the greatest hockey city in the world. It's just hilarious to see Maple Laffs journalist put in their articles that their the great hockey town and that the stupid Maple Laffs nation actually believes it. Start by winning a Cup more often then every ? (I was gonna say 40 years, but it's not like they're about to win won next year anyways :P ) to be claimed as "hockey town".

Message to Laffs nation, go anywhere in the world except Toronto (US, Europe, etc.), and Montreal is known as the greatest hockey town in the world, and the Habs the greatest team in the world. I know, it's hard to accept for your small pathetic egos, but it's a fact.