Lines against the Sabres

huzer

More juggling! Looks like these will be the lines:

Hossa-Ribs-Ryder (wasn't that an AHL line at some point last year?)

Zednik-Perreault-Audette

Bulis-Junuea-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-Sundstrom

Begin reinjured his shoulder against the Oilers, so it looks like he's back on the shelf.

I'm just hoping that it helps putting a few players back at their natural position. Ryder has always played his off wing (RW), Kilger a C, I would like to see them try a few games with Hossa back at C.

The Habs have made every effort, it seems, to take every center they have and turn them into LWs...Higgins, Hossa, Bulis, Kilger, Chouinard,. Playing Robidas on his off side defensively killed him in Montreal. I know C is a more demanding position to play, but it would seem the NHL adjustment itself would be difficult enough without having to learn the responsibilities of a new position.

Then again, if the Habs didn't do the above, we;d have no LWs, either. Hehe.

I'm just hoping that it helps putting a few players back at their natural position. Ryder has always played his off wing (RW),  

Having followed Ryder pretty closely, I can assure you RW is his natural position and he's also a right handed shot(even though that idiot Pat Hickey says otherwise). He's been playing LW with those bums Audette and Perreault and pretty much carried that sorry line on his off wing. Can't wait to see him on Koivu's wing.

Originally posted by Habsaku

I'm just hoping that it helps putting a few players back at their natural position. Ryder has always played his off wing (RW),  

Having followed Ryder pretty closely, I can assure you RW is his natural position and he's also a right handed shot(even though that idiot Pat Hickey says otherwise). He's been playing LW with those bums Audette and Perreault and pretty much carried that sorry line on his off wing. Can't wait to see him on Koivu's wing.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me that I had seen Ryder shoot rightie.

The forwards lines are perfect.

The vets are the problem, put them all together... which forces them to start playing or they'll be exposed.

Let the kids play together, without the black cloud of an underachieving vet to bring them down.

Either the vets wake up and the team can return to .500 form... or they keep sucking and play themselves right out of town.

It's a win-win situation.

On defense... Breezer is getting a promotion, will get more minutes now that he's with Markov. And we know what happens when Breezer gets more minutes.

But on the other hand it can't be worse than Rivet, so why the hell not.

Rivet is demoted, will play less minutes with Bouillon... which is fine by me.

The problem is if they switch up Bouillon for Hainsey next game... the poor kid Ron might never recover from playing that loser Craig.

Ward is out, Begin too most likely, Juneau questionable. So this leaves us with:

Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder

Zednik-Perreault-Audette

Bulis-Sundstrom-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-?? callup?

I would play Bouillon on the 4th line and Hainsey on D in that case instead of calling a kid up.

The last thing I'd want to do is subject another kid to the circus in Montreal right now.

if Juneas is out, I couldn't see Sundstrom centering a line when the Habs have 2 natural centers on the 3rd/4th lines (Bulis and Kilger). I would almost imagine Kilger centering Bulis and Dackell, since that seemed to be the Habs initiial plan before Chad was injured.

As far as filling in the 4th line, if it's just for a game or two, and the Habs don't want to bring up a kid, recall Dwyer for the 4th line. I guess if nothing else (just speaking positionally, of course) the Habs could have:

Sundstrom-Bulis-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-Dwyer

as the bottom 2 lines, and those don't exactly install confidence, though. But I don't know what else they could do after losing (potentially) Juneau and Begin (that seems more definite).

Good to see Ryder on the top line, he needs to get going and when he does he should put up some good numbers.

I was talking to his father the other day and he said Michael has lost a lot of confidence over the past few games, since scoring his first goal he's had a ton of bad luck, hitting posts, being robbed, and not getting any bounces. This is also affecting the overall game, he hasnt been the same player that he was in his fisrt 4 or 5 games. Also gettin his vehicle ripped off last week must have some affect on him, hard luck for the kid.

Hopefully things can turn around for him and the rest of team.

WHERE THE HECK IS ZEDNIK????

:ghg:

we need koivu back.

then zednik is back on track.

then the lines are more scrambled and we can trade the guys who are in the way

bulis-koivu-zednik, and we can breathe a sigh of relief.

ribeiro and hosse will have to work something out. i'd actually like to trade juneau and perreault (who wouldn't), and try ribeiro as 2nd line centre, and hossa 3rd line. He's defensively competent, and could pot good points for us too.

sure, juneau has sadly been one of our better players, but hell, i'm not afraid to welcome ovechkin before the 1/4 way point of the season

Originally posted by huzer

if Juneas is out, I couldn't see Sundstrom centering a line when the Habs have 2 natural centers on the 3rd/4th lines (Bulis and Kilger). I would almost imagine Kilger centering Bulis and Dackell, since that seemed to be the Habs initiial plan before Chad was injured.

I agree with that. It's just that Julien mentionned earlier this year that Ward & Sundstrom could both play center... which was news to me. And he did already use Ward at center once. He didn't even mention Bulis as a possibility at center... he much prefers the wing.

I'm thinking the 4th line is an energy line, tough line. Kilger fits much better in that mold than Sundstrom.

But yes my initial thought was to use Kilger to center the 3rd line... but that would leave us with a 4th line that made no sense.

Hell I'd rather have Hossa, a natural center who actually PREFERS playing center, center the 3rd line... and move up Bulis:

Bulis-Ribeiro-Ryder

Zednik-Perreault-Audette

Sundstrom-Hossa-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-callup

But NO, continue insisting on playing Hossa where he's most uncomfortable... let's not risk actually getting the kid to break out. *sigh*

Originally posted by Habs77

Hell I'd rather have Hossa, a natural center who actually PREFERS playing center, center the 3rd line... and move up Bulis:

Bulis-Ribeiro-Ryder

Zednik-Perreault-Audette

Sundstrom-Hossa-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-callup

But NO, continue insisting on playing Hossa where he's most uncomfortable... let's not risk actually getting the kid to break out.  *sigh*

My sentiments exactly. Older brother Marion said as much during the off-season: Marcel prefers center and that he (Marion) would love to play with his little bro at C and him on the wing someday.

Hmmm, Marcel for Jason straight up?

A slight tear... which explained why he missed 6 weeks instead of 4.

Remember how the last time he was supposed to come back he was slotted for the 4th line... to "ease him back" because he hadns't played in weeks?

Now 1st line right off the bat, kinda shows you how desperate we have become in these hard times.

And I'm not surprised one bit about Perreault sitting, I told you that play on the 3rd Oilers goal was so ugly he should be traded for that play alone.