Latendresse To World Championships?

TheBigRedC

I don't expect that Sarhei Kostitsyn will play for Belarus but I wonder if Andrei would and/or Mikhail Grabovsky would.

Could be kind of neat. Imagine if Emelin does and some of the other European prospects too. Could be a nice Habs-show. :):):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

By the way, it also shows that Chipchura will be going over too. :):):)

Me and my glaucoma-ized eyes saw it... not bad, eh? :):):)

I don't expect that Sarhei Kostitsyn will play for Belarus but I wonder if Andrei would and/or Mikhail Grabovsky would.

Could be kind of neat. Imagine if Emelin does and some of the other European prospects too. Could be a nice Habs-show. :):):)

Siarhei will just be starting game 1 of the OHL championship, plus he was not on the roster for Belarus. Andrei is on the roster but is with the Habs right now. Grabovsky is on the team since he was their 1st line center at last years WC's, they will need him to have a big tournament.

Emelin should be there as well. He's currently playing on the 4th pairing in the the Euro Cup games. I saw a clip of him against Team Sweden in one crazy game, but they only showed him for 2 seconds or so. I've been told he will most likely make the WC team since the coach doesn't seem to want to use NHLers outside of Ovechkin.

I guess Latendresse and Chipchura would get bumped once the second round casualties from the playoffs made their way over?

But it'll be another good learning experience for them

as long as emelin doesn't kill one of our prospetc :lol:

I think hockey canada had a great idea to bring kids to play with pros. :clap:

"Two young players expected to join the team next year are Andrei Kostitsyn, 21, a forward who was Montreal's first pick in 2003 and Guillaume Latendresse, who nearly made the Habs last fall as an 18-year-old.

Latendresse, Montreal's second pick a year ago, scored 43 goals in 51 games this past season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League."

This was from todays Globe and Mail. I thought that Guy was supposedly in a slump this year but I had no idea that he put up 43 goals in 51 games. He should probably have a good chance at breaking the lineup next year!!

:hlogo:

This was from todays Globe and Mail. I thought that Guy was supposedly in a slump this year but I had no idea that he put up 43 goals in 51 games. He should probably have a good chance at breaking the lineup next year!!

:hlogo:

He's that one power foward we've been looking for, though I,m not sure if he'll crack the lineup since we're pretty full on wings with kostitsyn coming, higgins, perezhogin, ryder. I exepect to see lapierre and kostitsyn breaking the lineup and maybe ferland as a replacement.

If he was drafted by pittsburgh, he'd be on the starting lineup next season but with our depth up front,I think he'll have to wait for his turn...in 2007-08

I expect nothing less from latendresse than to be a leader and show consistensy through out next season and be a force at WJC.

ya - no need for the Habs to rush him ... but ohhhhh i just can't wait for him to play with the big boys!

WC is a great stepping stone for him.

I want to see a Russia - Belarus game now to catch our prospects. Wonder if they could end up playing eachother.

I want to see a Russia - Belarus game now to catch our prospects. Wonder if they could end up playing eachother.

Nope, Emelin was one of the final cuts, reports were he made the team and he's on the prelim roster but right before the tournament started he was replaced. Perezhogin never made the team, he said he would play for them but they chose not to use him. Kostitsyn I believe is expected to arrive today in Latvia, so he's expected to play for Belarus against Russia and Grabovsky of course will play, he had an assist on the game winning goal the other day. He's been moved to LW from center.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever happened to Latendresse & Chipchura at the Worlds?

Was it just that they were replaced by 'better' players? I expect that this was the case.

But also, did they get to stick around for the rest of the tournament & be potential reserves?

Whatever happened to Latendresse & Chipchura at the Worlds?

Was it just that they were replaced by 'better' players? I expect that this was the case.

They were just invited, along with three other junior players, to play in the exhibition game. I don't know if they keep them around the team though.

Edited by nihilist

the fact that they were invited shows alot ofthe quality of the players. they got a bit better just by being with older, professional players.

do you guys think that claude julien as something to do with this??