Confirmed: It's Only A On Board Accident.

Athlétique.Canadien

It says clearly: "Off-Topic forum , talk about anything you want in here (except hockey)"

What, this type of news is too sensitive? Where is the posting rule on this?

Anyway, it was only an onboard fire.

I guess it's OK to talk politics. I notice the Peter McKay thread. How is that any worse or better than this?

I was told not to bring up politics. But its hard for me since politics is the only thing that truely drives me. That and the news. I was told to put a can on certain topics. The mckay letter was too weird to pass up though.

What did you post?

Nothing as it turns out. CBC had a report on one of the ferries out of Lebanon being attacked. But, it was only an onborad fire.

Note to self: politics are out in this forum I guess.

BTW: I can relate. I have a stinkin degree in the subject :P

Trust me, politics does not get the women. :P

To Pierre:

Who gave anyone the idea that politics are not supposed to be discussed on the forum? Political threads are fine. If you look back through old topics you'll see that the Mods have started and discuss politics on this forum. An occasional political thread is good, but you started posting them (sometimes more than one) every single day. Sure, this is the Lounge, but if you want to debate every little thing you see on the news, do so on a politics forum.

To ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN:

As for your thread, I have no idea where it went. I never saw anything until this thread popped up.

I deleted your thread. AC, your thread contained only a false title and the message was a link that didn't talked about the title. There are absolutely no jokes to do with that kind of stuff. I have myself few friends that are on one of those ships off Lebanon and I really didn't like it. Especially since the article didn't make mention of your "rumour". I don't care about hockey trades rumour, but a rumour about a canadian rescue ship under attack doesn't have its place. Sincerely.

The title did relate to the linked article as Mckay was waiting for confirmation from the ship the Canadians were on...they mentioned it during their arrival to Canada? Maybe the news agency changed the thread once the truth was found out. I also did not find the orignal post was meant to be humourous.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Nothing as it turns out. CBC had a report on one of the ferries out of Lebanon being attacked. But, it was only an onborad fire.

Note to self: politics are out in this forum I guess.

BTW: I can relate. I have a stinkin degree in the subject :P

Trust me, politics does not get the women. :P

AC & Pierre, I have a Bachelor in Politics, Law & Economics. I know other members who have degrees in Politics. So what? This is a Montreal Canadiens hockey board lol. This adress to Pierre: If your primary interest is to talk about Politics, it's not the right place!! It's not because P.E.T. was from Quebec that makes a Montreal sports team forum a good place to talk about him or politics. Common sense

What does Montreal Canadiens have to do with Trudeau? I like the team because of a mix of political things and I hate Toronto and I admire the rocket. I like Montreal because it makes me an outsider in my area. Heck ask anyone on the street here and they wouldn't be able to find it on a map. My primary interests are not about politics. If you read in the NHL forum I've been critical of the blues. I can't do that in a local forum. During the hockey games you can always find me posting on the game threads and listening to the game on the radio. It looks like I hang around in the lounge during the summer because I don't have the resources or knowledge of the nhl stuff (like minors, prospect players and so on) because where I live hockey talk is non-existent. I literally have no idea who some of you are talking about on the main habs only forum.

I get the feeling I'm not welcome here for some reason. I don't know what it is but I seem to be hated here.

lol! even talking about talking about politics creates contention!

I love talking about politics, do it all the time, but I did find it curious when I read some of the posters' political opinions on HW over the years, I won't say whom exactly, and found myself thinking -- "hey I thought I liked that guy, but actually he's a bit of a ______ !"

so I'm reluctant to participate in the political threads here, do often read them though, and don't close or delete them unless they get nasty with personal insults and so on, as per normal HW protocol.

(oh, Pierre, since you may be feeling vulnerable, I wasn't referring to you above)

We are all political animals. I'm a poli. sci. minor. :)

If we didn't have strong opinions we would not be here contributing and adding our two cents.

I agree that there are limits in any forum, we must learn to play by the rules. Personally I enjoy reading the thoughts and musings of each of you, with all the colour and life you all represent.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, this is the lounge, so lets kick back relax and enjoy a few drinks!

I'm buying everyone a round. em.. there is a bar in this lounge right? Or is that banned too? thats it! If this is one of those dry lounge's I"m outta here.. ;)