• Cheers
    • Peal Pub
    • Madhatters
    • Brutopia
    • Hurleys
    • Tim Hortons
    • The Movies (Paramount/AMC/Guzzo/etc)
    • Other (Specify)

Alright folks, this idea just came to mind so I thought I'd go ahead and make another poll, lol.

Just wondering where fellow Montrealers go to kick back and relax in their spare time. There are probably 20 other places I could have added to this list, but these are the ones I'm most familiar with.

I haven't actually been to Hatters or Hurleys, but I've heard good things about each one. (Actually, I've been to Hatters, just didn't stay for a drink.)

My pick goes to Foufs as my ultimate place to go with friends, while I've had some good times at Cheers as well, making it a close 2nd.

Anyway, feel free to discuss any places not actually listed on here, as I'm sure there are plenty.

so... peal pub... is this a strip club?

now, the peel pub... that's a dive.

I don't think I've been to Hatter's since I was like 16.

You do Horton's instead of presse cafe or belle province?

I went to brutopia and Hurley's on one sad trip through crescent.... I was less than impressed... of course my perception was a bit skewed at the time.

Interesting poll Maca... I havent been back to the island in a long while. Looking to plan a triumphant return at some point for a week or so. Would be good to know about the newer joints.

Edited by simonus

Haha, crap, I think I mis-spelt Peel Pub. It's a bar, not strip club, last time I checked :P.

Ouu, La Belle Province, used to go their often with my friends (every Wednesday because there was one near our school, but now that's closed down.)

Hortons is a good place though.

Mine wasn't on the list... other = all of downtown Montréal. :king:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I chose the Peel Pub... mostly because thats the only bar that ive been to in Montreal.... I was to the Paramount Theater a couple of times....(its the 7 storey one or so).

:hlogo:

PS.. Theres a Cheers in Montreal??, if its anything like the show then tell me where it is!

I have to be the first that says: the bell center

seriously any coffee shop is fine the sooth my addiction.

If I knew a pool hall that actually as good music (not like that cheesy scatch)

I'd be there all the time.

gotta love the ste elizabeth for it's terrasse in the back. it's also heated so I can enjoy a cigarillo once in a while even until october

Many moons ago, I used to go to DJ's on Crescent for the Thursday $10 drink 'n drowns. When I drive back to NY this summer, I'll head up to Montreal for a couple of days.

I could be cheesy and say that my favorite place was the Forum, I went to a lot of games there and have yet to visit the Bell Centre.

Many moons ago, I used to go to DJ's on Crescent for the Thursday $10 drink 'n drowns. When I drive back to NY this summer, I'll head up to Montreal for a couple of days.

I could be cheesy and say that my favorite place was the Forum, I went to a lot of games there and have yet to visit the Bell Centre.

please don't go to the old forum. your heart will be broken

please don't go to the old forum. your heart will be broken

I was going to say something about the forum's transformation, but well, I think MAK summed it up quite well.

(P.s.: I suppose since the Forum now hosts the AMC theaters, that you could choose the Movies section if your favorite spot is the forum).

PS.. Theres a Cheers in Montreal??, if its anything like the show then tell me where it is!

St. Jean blvd in the West Island. There's one downtown too, somewhere.

I vote Orange Julep. All the car enthusiast meets are there.