Svatos Signs

The-Habby2919

1.05 mil.

Not bad, not bad. If he can stay healthy all year and play the same as he did last, I'd be more then willing to give him more then that.

Direct replacement for Tanguay. I think Svatos will be better because he had to work hard for his points. Tanguay just rode the coattails of Forsburg and Sakic.

Direct replacement for Tanguay. I think Svatos will be better because he had to work hard for his points. Tanguay just rode the coattails of Forsburg and Sakic.

Indeed, I have a feeling Calgary is in for a nasty surprise. Don't forget Tanguay dissapeared in the playoffs. It would've been easier to find a needle in a haystack then Tanguay in a playoff game.

Indeed, I have a feeling Calgary is in for a nasty surprise. Don't forget Tanguay dissapeared in the playoffs. It would've been easier to find a needle in a haystack then Tanguay in a playoff game.

HE will get some points playing opposite side of Iggy, but who is going to do the work now that he cannot rely on Sakic?

Hey jetsniper, do you think Colorado will do better this year? I am thinking playoffs and past the first round. Still lots of talent on this team!

HE will get some points playing opposite side of Iggy, but who is going to do the work now that he cannot rely on Sakic?

Hey jetsniper, do you think Colorado will do better this year? I am thinking playoffs and past the first round. Still lots of talent on this team!

The Avs lost some pretty significant players the past couple of years. I think Sakic is getting s step slower (still a great player. Tanguay may have been riding the coat tails of Sakic and Forsberg, but I still think he'll do well in Calgary. They're a good team with good players. The Avs didn't really bring anyone in (Arnason...blah), and Leopold is out for a while. Wolski will have to step in and play well. Personally, I think there are a lot of question marks surrounding the Avs this year. Tough division with Edm, Cal, Van, even Minny.

Not many, since they're both playing on the Wing (the Tanguay at Center experiment won't last long, we both know that. He was terrible at center when we tried it which is stupid because he was a center in junior). Calgary never bothered to go get a true #1 center (hello Sutter? Take a chance on Allison! He's better then what you have now). I wrote a season preview in the HWL forum and looked at the team position by position. Basically we improved at center, stayed the same at RW and LW, improved at goalie (despite his deficiencies, Theodore is better then Aebischer) and downgraded at D (only slightly though).

Basically, I think 7th or 8th is in the cards for the Avalanche. If everything goes well, 6th and a surprise run. We're far from the team we used to be though but it should only last this season as 2/3 of our contracts run out at the end of the year. The division hasn't gotten any tougher either so theirs no real problem there. Calgary and Edmonton are the same, Minnesota slightly improved and Vancouver got significantly worse. Same season as last year most likely (I will come to fear December).

and Vancouver got significantly worse.

This is where I come in. :king:

Prepare to eat your words. I'm damn serious too. All I'll say for now.

As far as Tanguay is concerned, his 2 goals in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals will always stick with me. (That was in '01 vs. NJ.)

Edited by Mils

As far as Tanguay is concerned, his 2 goals in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals will always stick with me. (That was in '01 vs. NJ.)

I think he had a hat trick

This is where I come in. :king:

Prepare to eat your words. I'm damn serious too. All I'll say for now.

Have fun sitting in the basement.

That was 5 years ago, the one and only decent playoffs he's ever had. After that he was terrible.

I think he had a hat trick

No, it was 2 goals. One was a wraparound/wrist shot hybrid thing (helluva shot) and the other he dove for a huge rebound that Brodeur let out. We beat New Jersey 3-1 in that game, Sakic had the other. Slapshot on the powerplay that pretty much sealed the deal for us.

Good. You can use it to watch the rest of us in the playoffs.

What are you talking about? I'm in the playoffs. You're the one who tanked. :lol:

Please explain tanking because I'd love to know how.

Obviously I meant the NHL but I know you knew that. Nobody is that stupid.

:lol:

Don't worry Jets, the Canucks are always there to make everything worse. I can assure you they won't be easy to beat either. ;)

I'm not saying it will be an EASY win. It will be a win nonetheless though.

Who is beating you anyways? I never mentioned easy wins or anything.

:king: