Parliament To Reconvene

Athlétique.Canadien

C'mon -- Harper gets a full 18 months to do the amerika-kissup neocon dance, that's Canadian tradition!

Oh has he had that already? Ok time for Canada to get sane again

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Tories or Liberals. It’s true that the registry has some merit. Why not keep the strong points of the legislation as seen by the police and revamp the thing? This whole thing is ridiculous. It’s almost like if a person is opposed to the gun registry; they are seen as anti-feminine due to December 6, 1989.

I resent that. You can talk all day and all night until you are blue in the mouth and no matter what logistical arguments you come up with, and even if you manage to successfully argue that gun control is ineffective, they still don’t hear you. Sort of like Charlie Brown teacher.

This is especially unsettling since the fact that if one thinks there is only one solution, they shall embrace that solution only even if it is a failure. They shall hear only what they want to hear.

Get off the tunnel vision.

Let’s get a system that functions and start spending the money on education to help society avoid creating lunatics who will want to indiscriminately kill.

The billions spent did alot to stop last weeks horrific events, didn't they?

C'mon -- Harper gets a full 18 months to do the amerika-kissup neocon dance, that's Canadian tradition!

Oh has he had that already? Ok time for Canada to get sane again

One question: Would the guns used by Gill be included in the gun registry proposed by Harper?

That vampire freaks site needs to be shut down.

Look at all the problems its had: Remember the Richardson Family Murders of this year in Alberta? The 12 year old girl who committed them because her family disaproved of her 23 year old boyfriend had a profile there along.

She wasn't the only criminal to have a profile there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampirefreaks

One question: Would the guns used by Gill be included in the gun registry proposed by Harper?

That's the problem. They are either legal but needed to be registered. Or, they were illegally smuggled. Anyway you slice it, these guns were off the radar.

That's the problem. They are either legal but needed to be registered. Or, they were illegally smuggled. Anyway you slice it, these guns were off the radar.

It was a rhetorical question. These guns would be included on the registry. Harper has specifically stated that he wants to leave long guns (i.e. hunting rifles) off the registry while including assault weapons. Therefore, Harper's mandate has nothing to do with Dawson college. It may be smuggling, it may be better surveillance of fringe web sites but Harper's not the enemy on this issue (as much as the Toronto-centric media in this country would like you to believe).

I don't believe this:

"Gill legally acquired a pistol and restricted semi-automatic carbine, which to witnesses looked like an assault rifle"

CTV LINK

:angry:

Great system. Is this what we are defending???

Yes, but Harper will be made out to be the enemy on the issue. Once again the people with no solutions or ideas will be party to throwing stones at the PMO.

Any ideas Mr. Rae? Ideas that solve this since these guns made it through the endeared Liberal gun registry invention? Or is all your going to do is whine about Harper?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I don't believe this:

"Gill legally acquired a pistol and restricted semi-automatic carbine, which to witnesses looked like an assault rifle"

CTV LINK

Yes, but Harper will be made out to be the enemy on the issue. Once again the people with no solutions or ideas will be party to throwing stones at the PMO.

Unfortunately this is the politics in North America. Follow th money trail and you will see the new leader. Blaming PrimeMinister Harper for the Afghan problem and this gun registry problem is just wrong. Liberals were at the heart of both issues yet they throw stones at policy they started. And the NDP Nutty Dumb Party does nothing to help anyone. This is why I only laugh at politicians as they are just corrupt and live off our hard work.

I still cannot believe that they were already registered. That's VERY unsettling.

They say that being in opposition is not the desire, but it is alot more fun. After all, where's the fun in taking the heat.

But, I would ask our opposition to present sober, practical ideas and not just fling mud.

As a matter of fact, this is the issue that burns my butt over George Bush. I mean, I know alot of people are fuming over him but, at the end of the day I think we have exhausted all means of criticism towards him. Does anyone in the house have a logistical argument?

We should...

What we need to do...

Not; "George is an idiot".

We know that already. We have established that. Now, let's have a debate about the alternatives.

By the way, I'm not saying people shouldn't have their opinions (trash him all you want) but eventually it becomes "feeding a dead horse hay".

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Its also wrong for the Conservatives to blame the old Liberal Party for everything. It shows they are imature and it comes off childish. They got into power critizing the Liberals and now they continue to while in Government. What ever happend to responsiblility? Come on Conservative party you're better then that.

Its like when the Bloc starts to say everything thats going wrong in Quebec is the "rest of Canada's" fault. Again Duceppe you're better then that and all you are doing is polarizing.

Same with the NDP to there Anti-American rants. Although they have some what of a point and you can make the case for some of there arguements. But most of the time again, its just hot air.

The guys and gals in Ottawa must be immune to the flu, all that yelling and spreading hot air in those close quarters... One of these days they are all going to call in sick.

That vampire freaks site needs to be shut down.

Look at all the problems its had: Remember the Richardson Family Murders of this year in Alberta? The 12 year old girl who committed them because her family disaproved of her 23 year old boyfriend had a profile there along.

She wasn't the only criminal to have a profile there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampirefreaks

You can't blame the website, They both had profiles at nexopia.com as well. A place that me and my friends frequent a hell of a lot. We're not going out and killing our families because we got to nexopia. Every site of that nature will have it's problem, Myspace is the same thing.

Yes Myspace has problems.

I'm just saying they need to set rules kind like youtube has.

no nudity, guns, violence, etc.

Those pictures of him and his guns should've been banned.

Ohhhh...yeah, I agree there. Although I think Myspace has a shitload of rules, they just got bought by some huge corporation. Nexopia is really, really strict with their rules. Any picture you submit gets reviewed by a group of people. Takes a good 24 hours before they let you actually post your picture.

Its also wrong for the Conservatives to blame the old Liberal Party for everything. It shows they are imature and it comes off childish. They got into power critizing the Liberals and now they continue to while in Government. What ever happend to responsiblility? Come on Conservative party you're better then that.

Pierre. You do not totally understand what happened last election. Liberals scammed our money for their own persoanl usage and were caught. Any self respecting person wanted to hurt the Liberal party and that was done. Yes the conservative movement blamed the Liberals to get into power, however for once they were right. Liberals spread lies about Prime Minister Harper with then Prime Minister Martin leading the way. (Keeping in mind, it was reported Mr. Martin reflagged 50% of his ships and changed crews in international waters to not pay taxes in Canada)

Link

This conservative government wants to modernize our Senate to get rid of the fat cats YES and wants to do things a little different than the old status quo. So far I like it and support it. I was more Liberal when Johnny C was PM but the crooks were out in full force starting with his long term.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Yes I know about the scam. But if I remember correctly that was the election before it.

Whats the point of the Senate in parliamentary politics really? Do you want an elected Senate that could theoretically have MORE power then the government. It would be like having two governments in one. Especially if the Senate is controlled by an opposition party.

Do you really want that? Because thats what a Triple E Senate brings. It brings it a lot of power. Just look at the US system.

Except call the President the House of Commons and the Senate the Senate. The Presidents bill passed the House of Reps easily its on its way to becoming a law. But oh wait the Senate kills it.

A Triple E Senate brings more politiking to a place that already has enough of it.

Get rid of the stupid thing.

Yes I know about the scam. But if I remember correctly that was the election before it.

Whats the point of the Senate in parliamentary politics really? Do you want an elected Senate that could theoretically have MORE power then the government. It would be like having two governments in one. Especially if the Senate is controlled by an opposition party.

Do you really want that? Because thats what a Triple E Senate brings. It brings it a lot of power. Just look at the US system.

Except call the President the House of Commons and the Senate the Senate. The Presidents bill passed the House of Reps easily its on its way to becoming a law. But oh wait the Senate kills it.

A Triple E Senate brings more politiking to a place that already has enough of it.

Get rid of the stupid thing.

Nope, the scam was really to the front this election.

Current Canadian Senate is appointment till death(75years old max i think). Guys are put there having no experience as they are X lobbiests, hacks and cronies from each party. In order to get new legislation passed the ruling government just adds new guys to outnumber the other party. If we could eliminate it that is better but these Lifers will never agree to that. Next best thing is to have elections.

The problem with partisan politics is that its like cable TV packages: you only want 3 special channels but you're forced to pay for 30, some of which you'll never watch.

I like the PC for certain issues, but I could easily live without many of their global stance and rhetoric. Just like I prefer the Liberals' foreign and social positions, but could do without their centralism and spending.

I think the majority of the electorate is the same. We live in the era of highly customized and personnalized everything. People are more pragmatic, have specific and just-in-time opinions on specific issues, rather than large, wide, pre-conceived political allegeance. I'm talking about the silent majority here, not the people you notice in debates. Sadly, they're also the people who are easily pressed to take on this or that side. That's why partys and special interest groups can survive and monopolize issues

I don't believe this:

CTV LINK

Any ideas Mr. Rae? Ideas that solve this since these guns made it through the endeared Liberal gun registry invention? Or is all your going to do is whine about Harper?

Essentially...

This beast is of the Liberals's conception. They are the ones that brought it in and to 'snipe' at the Conservatives over it is to be hypocritical. :angry::angry2::angry::angry2:

:king: :hlogo: :king: