Everbody Relax

markierung

Now I'm angry. TSN's headline is "Leafs Crush Canadiens".

If the score had been opposite the headline would probably say "Leafs Lose In Valiant Effort"

If we win tonight and if it's lopsided I'm going to be interested in what they bleat about! :angry2:

Hate to differ but TSN's NHL website has said 'Maple Leafs Cruise Past Canadiens' all day long, so not sure where your getting that headline from. It hasn't changed once since I first checked it out this morning?

IT'S PRESEASON! CALM DOWN! Good God are people overreacting. These games don't mean anything. Teams don't go full out during the preseason. Teams don't execute their entire game plan in the preseason. Good players and coaches hold a little back during the preseason, so they can try to take some people by surprise when the real season starts. Nobody has gotten hurt, that's the most important thing about training camp.

Just look at the Colts of the NFL a couple years ago. They went 0-4 in the preseason, then almost ran the table. Now, I don't think the Habs are a top team in the East or anything, I'm just saying preseason doesn't mean a darn thing.

Finally some common sense. Have no fear

Kovalev sometimes playes at 75% during the regualr season.

It's the preseason! He must be playing at like 32%.

:hlogo:

Hate to differ but TSN's NHL website has said 'Maple Leafs Cruise Past Canadiens' all day long, so not sure where your getting that headline from. It hasn't changed once since I first checked it out this morning?

Click on the story and read the second title.

There are many good young forwards looking for jobs and I think guys like Ribero should look over the shoulder to see that this is serious time to show ones abilities.

That's the thing. No one's pushing Ribs behind right now. Chipchura doesn't even look ready for full time 4th line duties. Locke looks like he'll join Milroy in the Perennial AHLer Club. Lapierre will make his living as a depth line checker, probably not even at center, etc.

The threat to Ribs was last season, Plex settled as a fine 2-way center and Higgins proved to be more efficient on the wing. This season: zip, niet, nada, rien.

Click on the story and read the second title.

Clicked on the story again and the next headline still reads 'cruise' so not sure if you are getting a different source or what?

Clicked on the story again and the next headline still reads 'cruise' so not sure if you are getting a different source or what?

Interesting. All Saturday they had 'cruise' on the main page and 'crush' on the page once you clicked on it. This makes me wonder if the result you get might differ depending on where you're from. It identifies me as Ontario, so maybe that's why I get the 'crush'. Oddness.

Wasn't it one or 3 years ago we were unbeatable in pre-season. What came out of that, not much!!

And i dont even care if we start the season bad. I know we have a good team, with good vets plus great talent. I think we are a Diesel that has to get to speed. Just takes longer, but i have all faith it will be a good season!

attago, dhf. I like your thinking. :):):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Interesting. All Saturday they had 'cruise' on the main page and 'crush' on the page once you clicked on it. This makes me wonder if the result you get might differ depending on where you're from. It identifies me as Ontario, so maybe that's why I get the 'crush'. Oddness.

I'm in Southwestern Ontario and that title is all I've seen - Not sure why but I never once saw the 'crush' story byline.....

However stranger things have happened?

p.s. maybe they need to convince the rest of Canada about the need to bow before the gods of Leaf Nation........

Edited by beliveau1